Options

Bye, Y'all... ADDRESS ADDED TO SEND CARDS

12346»

Comments

• Options
    ericnlizericnliz Member Posts: 4,437
    My condolences, and God speed Larry, you'll be in our hearts and minds for all time! Verna, thanks for sharing the news, I know it's been hard for you, and please know our thoughts and prayers are with you and Larry's family and friends. Last but not least... Booger, keep an eye out for him for all of us!
    2016 T@B MAX S-aka: WolfT@B
    TV: 2006 Chevy Avalanche LT Z71 aka: WhiteWolf, or 1972 Chevy Custom10 P/U aka: SnarlingWolf
    Spokane, Wa.
    Eric aka: Lone Wolf  

• Options
    RatkityRatkity Member Posts: 3,770
    Words can't describe the loss I feel because the world is now absent of a man I never met, but considered a friend immediately when I joined this forum - because of his knowledge and kindness. He is no longer in pain and his best friend was at his side when he passed. Is it selfish of me to have wanted more words of wisdom and kindness he gave so freely for just a little longer? My heart breaks, but I must remember as long as I have memories, Larry will always be with me. I have no doubt Larry is at peace, it accepting he is really gone is the hard part for me.
    2017 820R Retro Toy Hauler from 2015 Tabitha T@B from 2009 Reverse LG Teardrop (but a T@Bluver at heart)
  • Options
    cbarnhillcbarnhill Member Posts: 330
    He was a great guy and I will miss him. I never read that story that he wrote about Booger. Thank you, SAM, for sharing. He loved Booger and I'm glad they had that last moment together. 
    Cindy with my 2015 MaxS (Puppy) and my 2015 Subaru Outback (Boo)
  • Options
    VernaVerna Member Posts: 6,878
    Larry's obituary.....http://jacksonsfh.com/book-of-memories/2862105/Goza-Larry/obituary.php

I will not be able to attend. 
    Verna, Columbus, IN
    2021 T@B 320S  Boondock “The T@B”
    Towed by a white 2019 Ford F-150 4x4 Supercab, 3.5L V6 Ecoboost “The Truck”
  • Options
    HomebodyatheartHomebodyatheart Member Posts: 2,497
    Verna, Thank you for posting this. What a wonderful person he was!
    2017 T@B 320 Max S silver and cherry red, L@dybug ("Bug" aka my esc@pe pod), TV 2015 Toyota Highlander aka Big Red
  • Options
    edited March 2017
    Now, that makes me smile! :)
    TV: 2006 Chevy Avalanche LT Z71 aka: WhiteWolf, or 1972 Chevy Custom10 P/U aka: SnarlingWolf
    Spokane, Wa.

• Options
    jgram2jgram2 Member Posts: 1,522
    It captures the man and the dog perfectly. Thank you verna.
    John, Judi, Guinness & OD in PDX
    T@Bit@t 2015 S Max Outback, ‘18 V6 4Runner 

• Options
    Sharon_is_SAMSharon_is_SAM Administrator Posts: 9,510
    Larry loved that dog.  I remember that he was able to attend a final outing with his Tab out west I think.  So glad.  Anybody remember where and when that event was?

Verna, thanks for posting this.  Larry was a gentle soul and he is missed.
    Sharon / 2017 T@B CSS / 2015 Toyota Sienna Minivan / Westlake, Ohio
  • Options
    dragonsdoflydragonsdofly Member Posts: 1,926
    @Verna, thank you so very, very much. Please pass on our thanks and prayers to Larry's family.
    2017 t@b sofitel(Dr@gonsFly)TV 2015 Silverado 2500hd(Behemoth). Wyandotte, Michigan.
    Draco dormiens numquam titilandus.
  • Options
    Jellybones11Jellybones11 Member Posts: 27
    Larry, I have never met you but I can tell by the tributes and comments you are probably a heck of a friend. It is said that it is not the beginning nor the end, but the middle that counts.  I think your middle must be outstanding. Sending well wishes and may your middle outlast their expiration date.
  • Options
    larrygonlarrygon Member Posts: 255
    edited February 2018
    @SAM
    I had to pleasure of getting to know Larry a little better at a gathering in Durango Colorado. Unfortunately this would be his last T@B get together. He was not feeling well and complaining of throat pain and difficulty swallowing. He and Booger headed home early.
    The rest was not anything anyone could have imagined.
    The headstone is beautiful and reflects much of what Larry was all about.
    We miss him lots!
    "Great spirits have always encountered violent opposition from mediocre minds." Albert Einstein
    2015 T@B M@X S White with Grey trim | TV 2021 Ascent Touring | Flagstaff AZ.
  • Options
    RatkityRatkity Member Posts: 3,770
    An amazing poem, an amazing man. What more can be said? When I saw this thread, I wasn't expecting the headstone pictures and poem. I like that place Somewhere. I 'spect it's a place where campers sit 'round the campfyre and tell tall tails (with several waggin' doggie tails happily playing). I know you're going to hate this, Larry, but you got some tears from me this morning. I shall deny them when we meet again. No pictures, it didn't happen! LUV <3
    2017 820R Retro Toy Hauler from 2015 Tabitha T@B from 2009 Reverse LG Teardrop (but a T@Bluver at heart)
  • Options
    GailandJohnGailandJohn Member Posts: 123
    Well, I never met Larry or even knew about him until today, but I'm sitting here teary-eyed, wishing I had. He was so right! Every day is a gift and should be treated as such.

Gail & John 

• Options
    IrishCamper74IrishCamper74 Member Posts: 237
    @Verna, that is so great. Thank you Verna :)
    Light a campfire and everyone's a storyteller. ~John Geddes

2017 t@b CS, silver with green trim.
    TV: 2017 Honda Ridgeline.
  • Options
    Michigan_MikeMichigan_Mike Member Posts: 2,861
    Larry was a kindered soul and I knew that when I met him, sat around and laughed and telling stories I'd made a friend for life.  I'd seen him and booger at the various rallies and he left us too soon as he was a gentle, kind man.  Life is too short and Larrys passing is a good lesson to not let these precious moments pass by, nor to take them for granted as friends and family members are like good, they are precious and few and now is the time to renew those connections, show kindness, love and affection as tomorrow may not come, nor allow that opportunity. 

What a beautiful, from the heart poem and I wouldn't expect anything less than it from our friend Larry, who continues to live on in our hearts and souls and who has taught us all a great lesson about life through his example and tender heart.  God bless and keep you my friend!  
    Mike - Elmira, Mi / 2019 T@B 400 / 2021 Chevy Silverado LTZ
  • Options
    jgram2jgram2 Member Posts: 1,522
    @GailandJohn, I never had the pleasure to meet Larry (RZRBUG) either, but got to know him through his posts. A meander through his discussions and comments reminds me of his helpful and humorous contributions and reveal why he is still so missed. I think Verna mentioned he wrote country western songs, too!
    John, Judi, Guinness & OD in PDX
    T@Bit@t 2015 S Max Outback, ‘18 V6 4Runner 

• Options
    HomebodyatheartHomebodyatheart Member Posts: 2,497
    Thanks for this update @Verna. I was new to the family Larry’s last year but I learned so much from his shared knowledge and wisdom. I am also forever grateful for him sharing his Redneck Front Porch. I’ve got an updated version in the works and it’s my way of honoring him. He touched many lives! 
    2017 T@B 320 Max S silver and cherry red, L@dybug ("Bug" aka my esc@pe pod), TV 2015 Toyota Highlander aka Big Red
  • Options
    GailandJohnGailandJohn Member Posts: 123
    Twojgrams said:
    @GailandJohn, I never had the pleasure to meet Larry (RZRBUG) either, but got to know him through his posts. A meander through his discussions and comments reminds me of his helpful and humorous contributions and reveal why he is still so missed. I think Verna mentioned he wrote country western songs, too!
    Sounds like a great guy! I'll have to check out some of his posts, though it will make me sad...

Gail & John 

• Options
    4ncar4ncar Member Posts: 1,072
    Such strength it took Larry to post this initialy.  I have been redisant in making post after seeing this revived, as I was so moved, and that it nailed me between the eyes as to the reality of our mortality. That in a moment the life that we (i) May take for granted is taken away, and there’s is nothing we can do but to fight for what remains.

larry I never knew you, but you have shared with me, in your strength, a very important lesson. RIP.

phil
    TV- '16 Chevy Colorado LT Crew Cab-DuraMax
    2018 320S Outback
  • Options
    @cbarnhill, What a nice memory to have! Thanks for sharing. :)
    Spokane, Wa.

• Options
    TerryV6TerryV6 Member Posts: 1,092
    Thanks all for sharing....
    Terry & Jody...  2016 Dodge Ram 1500
    2016 NuCamp 320 T@B Max S
    T@bbey  Road   
    Appleton,  WI

• Options
    Restless_NativeRestless_Native Member Posts: 116
    Such a nice man. Easy to be around. He will be missed by many.
    Amanda, Ft. Myers, FL Ag@tha 2017 T@B CS-S  , TV: 2013 Chevy Equinoz LTZ

• Options
    larrygonlarrygon Member Posts: 255
    @cbarnhill Thanks for sharing the photo. Brings back wonderful memories!
    "Great spirits have always encountered violent opposition from mediocre minds." Albert Einstein
    2015 T@B M@X S White with Grey trim | TV 2021 Ascent Touring | Flagstaff AZ.