Options

Bye, Y'all... ADDRESS ADDED TO SEND CARDS

RZRBUGRZRBUG Member Posts: 890
edited October 2016 in Camping & Travel
It has been a great ride, literally and figuratively.  The T@B was a wonderful experience.  I'm not ready to stop the adventure, but sometimes life choices are made for us.

I was told today that I have Anaplastic Thyroid Cancer, a very rare, aggressive and difficult to treat form of cancer.  With treatment, I may have a year left...if I'm lucky.

I'm not here to ask for sympathy.  I'm here to ask that you enjoy your adventures to their fullest.  I will not likely see any of you again.  You can do me a favor, however.  As long as you remember me, set an empty chair by the campfire and know the Booger and I are there with you.

Larry & Booger - 2013 T@B, 2012 GMC Sierra

Happy Trails Y'all

States Visited Map

Comments

• Options
    tabasco_jimtabasco_jim Member Posts: 54
    I don't really know what to say................? May God bless you and Booger and the rest of the time you have!
    2017 T@B Max S, 2016 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited, Birmingham, Al
  • Options
    jkjennjkjenn Member Posts: 6,391
    God bless you, Larry. Take care!

2021 T@b 320 Boondock "Mattie Ross" | 2021 T@b Nights: 239 | Total nights in a T@b 455 | 2022 Jeep Grand Cherokee L Overland | T@b owner since 2014

• Options
    NomadNomad Member Posts: 7,209
    It was a pleasure interacting with you, totally enjoyed it - will mss your presence. Hope you can make this next year a rewarding one in spite of the medical. Wishing you the very best Larry (with Booger)
  • Options
    marknjudymarknjudy Member Posts: 378
    edited October 2016
    I'm new and don't know anyone well, but I enjoyed your posts very much. I will pray for you. And please don't just disappear. Please drop by and post something from the Razrbug and Booger. 
    Mark - 2016 T@b Max S (Silver/Red), 2012 F-150
  • Options
    BjfrezellBjfrezell Member Posts: 10
    I believe heaven is the place you were happiest and felt the most peace.  If that's your final destination (and it probably is for most of us at some point) that be by the campfire with your little dog.
    Lansing, Michigan based 2015 T@B  Model S with interior kitchen and wet bath - along with a husband, two small terriers bed hogs, and a 2013 Ford Escape.
  • Options
    dragonsdoflydragonsdofly Member Posts: 1,926
    Dear friend, I have been the beneficiary of much of your advice, wisdom and humor. Plz note I travel the road with you. In August 2014, I received 3 terminal diagnosis within a 48 hour period. Catastrophic heart failure due to contracting a virus, kidney failure from the drugs used to prolong my life, and thyroid cancer (although not as aggressive). I was told also my life expectancy was very very short, less than 90 days. I am happy to say that life indeed has its twists and turns. I have long surpassed my expiration date. Anything and everything is possible. I am the living breathing proof. You will always be in my prayers. May your journey be long and full of joy. Occasionally pause to listen for the quiet footsteps of those who walk with you. Peace. 
    2017 t@b sofitel(Dr@gonsFly)TV 2015 Silverado 2500hd(Behemoth). Wyandotte, Michigan.
    Draco dormiens numquam titilandus.
  • Options
    JandJ92010JandJ92010 Member Posts: 304
    Although we have never met, I've seen you at TearStock and enjoyed all of your posts. I wish you well. Love you like a brother.
    The HobbiT@B, 2015-L, towed by a2014 RAM C/V
  • Options
    RamrodRamrod Member Posts: 164
    God Bless You and give you strength and peace. 
  • Options
    DalehelmanDalehelman Member Posts: 2,410
    Verna said:
    Larry, you know, once you join this community and make all of these friends, you are here forever.  You and Bugger will always hold a special place here.

I wish you the best of luck in your upcoming journey, the most positive thoughts from my house to yours, and some prayers that your journey will be gentle.  And don't forget that Doctor's don't know everything. 

Yes, the extra chair at my campsite is for you, and Booger can share the rug with Sunny Day.

Verna
    Could not have been said better.
    1. Hash  T@B Fun
  • Options
    RollingLagrimaRollingLagrima Member Posts: 435
    1. Larry/Booger (as upon meeting you, I instantly realized you two ARE one), this is yet one more journey! Peace to you as you navigate rougher waters. Your T@B family is here for you, my Tearstock 2014, hound-corralling neighbor! Joey and Mabel and I will wait for you at Lake Pleasant, AZ, January in the company of more friends. Of course we understand if you cannot make it. That will not change the fact that we will wait for you and hike with/for you and rest by a warm fire with/for you. ~Sally

2.  Top photo is Michigan Mike's. Bottom is mine (Booger butt sniffing the air checking on where Dad is). 

Sally, "PlaT@Bus" 2016 T@B Sofitel Maxx-S (plata=silver; SP), previously Little Guy 2014 Silver Shadow LE, TV -- 2013 Chevy Avalanche + two hounds.
  • Options
    DurangoTaBDurangoTaB Member Posts: 754
    edited October 2016
    We are so honored and glad to have met you and Booger...best wishes no matter what.

J.D. & Sue

Durango, CO    2014/15 S M@xx :  "Dory's HabiT@B"  Keep on swimming...

• Options
    ericnlizericnliz Member Posts: 4,437
    Larry/Booger, We ALWAYS have an extra chair by the fire. You and Booger are welcome to come visit anytime! Just bring a smile, we have the puppy treats!
    2016 T@B MAX S-aka: WolfT@B
    TV: 2006 Chevy Avalanche LT Z71 aka: WhiteWolf, or 1972 Chevy Custom10 P/U aka: SnarlingWolf
    Spokane, Wa.
    Eric aka: Lone Wolf  

• Options
    cbarnhillcbarnhill Member Posts: 330
    Larry-there will always be a chair for you and Booger at the campsite and a place for you both in my heart...Cindy. 
    Cindy with my 2015 MaxS (Puppy) and my 2015 Subaru Outback (Boo)
  • Options
    CyclonicCyclonic Member Posts: 1,232
    Larry, our fates are never predetermined.  A good friend has cancer as well.  It has been difficult and last year we even had a half birthday party for her as it was not expected for her to make it to her actual birthday, but she did, and has made it to even another one.  She is still kicking, and still a wonderful light in our lives.

Life does things that we do not expect, it is amazing how this world works.  You have brought light to those here you have touched, and I know you will continue to do so as long as we keep you by our side.

States the T@Bpole has camped, so far ;)
    Nathan & Becky... 2013 Ford F150 FX4 TAB HLR... 2012 LG T@B T@Bpole.
    Sterling, VA
  • Options
    ScottGScottG Administrator Posts: 5,427
    That stinks, Larry. I've never met you, but I've found your many posts here entertaining and informative. I wish you fortitude and fair winds on this next journey.
    2015 T@B S

• Options
    csturcstur Member Posts: 26
    Larry, You are in our thoughts and prayers. Scot and Carol
    Carol, Shingletown, CA, 2015 T@B M@xx-Q Silver/Black, 2015 Jeep Grand Cherokee
  • Options
    leenscottflleenscottfl Member Posts: 254
    May you have fair winds at you back as you take the journey we all must take.
    Scott, Orange Park, Florida...2012 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Sahara... 2015 T@B S Maxx "Buttercup".
  • Options
    RatkityRatkity Member Posts: 3,770
    May you have fair winds at you back as you take the journey we all must take.
    While all have said things better than I ever could have, this sums it up as well for me. The twists and turns of Life can surprise us all.  Best and hugs to you. You won't be forgotten.
    2017 820R Retro Toy Hauler from 2015 Tabitha T@B from 2009 Reverse LG Teardrop (but a T@Bluver at heart)
  • Options
    Tabaz Tabaz Member Posts: 2,357
    Larry - it was so nice meeting you and Booger at T@bazona last January.  You've been a great source of encouragement and information to us all on this forum.  I wish you the best during this difficult time.
    2016 Outback 320 with a 2010 Ford Expedition.
  • Options
    source3source3 Member Posts: 142
    Laura and I will think of you everytime we pass Haviland Lake.
    Andrew P. 
    Durango, CO

• Options
    IrishCamper74IrishCamper74 Member Posts: 237
    Prayers & positive thoughts coming your way, RZRBUG.
    Thank you for your posts & for sharing your knowledge ; I learned a lot from you.  
    Hug Booger often. & give him a good scratch under the collar from me.
    Keep the faith, 

~M

Light a campfire and everyone's a storyteller. ~John Geddes

2017 t@b CS, silver with green trim.
    TV: 2017 Honda Ridgeline.
  • Options
    Machak88Machak88 Member Posts: 160
    Lots of positive thoughts and well wishes are coming your way from all your T@B friends, @RZRBUG. We may have different paths, but we all share the final destination. The wise among us find a way to enjoy and learn from the journey, and you are certainly one of those. Thank you for selflessly sharing the lessons learned with us. Take care and keep the faith! 
    2014 T@B S-Maxx with 2014 Hyundai Santa Fe Sport Turbo, Atlanta, GA. 
  • Options
    TommyTommy Member Posts: 175
    @RZRBUG I never got a chance to meet or know you but I have felt a good positive energy about you from your posts and the posts of those who know you and spend time with you in person. Being remembered fondly is a legacy that we all should hope to accomplish in a like manner as you will no doubt be - whether it's now as you predict - or later on, on the time table of the higher law as you choose to believe in or not. One thing is for sure in that your dog thinks you are awesome and dogs are pretty good judges of character. I wish peace for you and no fear of the known or unknown.

• Options
    irvingjirvingj Member Posts: 335
    I joined the T@B world late and have now sold our T@B, but I'll still stop by this site for the wisdom and, frankly, the entertainment! You're one of the reasons I enjoy this site so much. Take care.
  • Options
    monamona Member Posts: 241
    So glad I had the opportunity to meet both you and Booger at Tearstock 2016. Prayers for whatever you may be needing. See ya by the campfire.

Jeannie 
    2015 T@b S Max  white with silver trim. 2018 GC Trailhawk. 
  • Options
    jbug10jbug10 Member Posts: 156
    Fellow Arkansan, I only got to know you through this forum, but it was always a pleasure to read your comments and insights.  These many comments by fellow T@bbers are a testament to how much you will be missed both here and on the road.
    June; 2013 T@b "Fant@bulous"; 2016 Jeep Grand Cherokee; one kayak and one bike
  • Options
    gooseladygooselady Member Posts: 177
    Sorry to hear the bad news.  I've enjoyed your posts.  You've touched many here on the forum, through your words alone.  Though I've never met you, I'll put out a chair, nonetheless.  On your final journey, if indeed it is that, please drop us a line now and then, to let us know how you are dong.  We care.