Options

Inner door skin for T@B 320

After looking at the inner door skin of the new T@B 400 I was wondering if there would be a possibility of a retro-fit for the T@B 320 similar to that of the T@B 400? The handiness of that skin would be a big plus for those of us that have the T@B 320 models. Any thoughts?
2016 T@B MAX S-aka: WolfT@B
TV: 2006 Chevy Avalanche LT Z71 aka: WhiteWolf, or 1972 Chevy Custom10 P/U aka: SnarlingWolf
Spokane, Wa.
Eric aka: Lone Wolf  

Comments

• Options
    jgram2jgram2 Member Posts: 1,522
    Although I'd appreciate the built in storage, I'd miss the portal window from both the exterior and interior design perspectives. 
    John, Judi, Guinness & OD in PDX
    T@Bit@t 2015 S Max Outback, ‘18 V6 4Runner 

• Options
    ericnlizericnliz Member Posts: 4,437
    Twojgrams, Agree. I was curious if they could incorporate the portal window in the skin as well. Sorry if I wasn't real clear about that. The added storage would be a big plus for not having to go inside the trailer for things that were needed outside, as well as the added storage for inside as well. ;)
    TV: 2006 Chevy Avalanche LT Z71 aka: WhiteWolf, or 1972 Chevy Custom10 P/U aka: SnarlingWolf
    Spokane, Wa.

• Options
    VernaVerna Member Posts: 6,878
    I would love to have the trash receptacle, but with our unique portal window and shade.  And there was no definitive answer about a retrofit for our 320's. I keep thinking about a homemade retrofit, about 2 to 2.5 gallons max, but my Verna-do list needs some items taken care of.....

I did find that this inside door storage is common on European "caravans".  
    Verna, Columbus, IN
    2021 T@B 320S  Boondock “The T@B”
    Towed by a white 2019 Ford F-150 4x4 Supercab, 3.5L V6 Ecoboost “The Truck”
  • Options
    UH, OH! The magic wand has returned!  ;) 
    On a more serious note, could it be that they could make the cut-out for the portal window, and just replace the rest of the skin? [or like dalehelman, I stay up too late thinking of this stuff!] :o=)
    Spokane, Wa.

• Options
    I'm always here, Eric, but sometimes I need to take care of other things at home and elsewhere.  Like a new phone, setting it up, being out of cell service for while, etc......

As I saw it, the door skin was molded onto the door, not screwed in place (I could be wrong). So, it would probably be a one style is what you get type of situation. 

I keep thinking of the wind in AZ in the winter and how anything in the two upper storage cubbies would fly, unless held in place with a spring clip. The fire extinguisher would be fine in the door for me, also. 

Verna, Columbus, IN
  • Options
    Verna, I see what you mean. POP-T@B HELP! Even the bottom portion would be a help with the trash can and extinguisher receptacles. :s
    Spokane, Wa.

• Options
    Tabaz Tabaz Member Posts: 2,357
    I wonder if that trash bin would interfere with the 320 fridge door opening all the way?
    2016 Outback 320 with a 2010 Ford Expedition.
  • Options
    rfuss928rfuss928 Member Posts: 927
    It seems like similar functionality could be achieved with added on accessories and better address individuals requirements.

• Options
    OutbackAZ said:
    I wonder if that trash bin would interfere with the 320 fridge door opening all the way?
    3" space with fridge door open at 90* and outside door closed
    Verna, Columbus, IN
  • Options
    Is the 400 fridge the same Norcold model and in the same location as the 320?
  • Options
    Verna, Columbus, IN
  • Options
    Don't see the fridge in the photos, but will assume its in the galley.  Probably under the stove based on the two outside vents behind the right tire.
  • Options
    GaboehGaboeh Member Posts: 8
    Brand new here. Just purchased a 2014 TAB. I really like that door. Anyone know if it will fit our model and if even available to purchase?
  • Options
    Not available for sale. It is in a prototype of a new T@B 400 that is not currently in production, nor is it available for sale. 
    Verna, Columbus, IN
  • Options
    jgram2jgram2 Member Posts: 1,522
    Hmmm, portal plus storage sounds good. I must admit my other issue is that all of that molded plastic reminds me just the teeniest bit of the inside of a port-o-potty and I'm afraid I'd want to sit down  every time I opened the door. Seriously, the trash container and fire extinguisher would be very helpful-especially if I'm doing the grilling.
    John, Judi, Guinness & OD in PDX
    T@Bit@t 2015 S Max Outback, ‘18 V6 4Runner 

• Options
    ChanWChanW Member Posts: 3,158
    I'd think, with a little reinforcement, it wouldn't be hard to mount the fire extinguisher and a trash receptacle on the existing 320 door.

The thing here, with their example 400 door, is that it's thicker than ours, which allows for the cool little molded indented cubbies.

It seems that attaching various types of 'cubbies' or 'hold-its' directly to the 320 door would be just as useful, but without the cool style of the molded plastic. 

I like the 'Madesmart' organizers that someone showed us, from Target. Maybe they could be adapted to mount on the surface of the 320 door.

Chan  -  near Buffalo NY
    2014 S Maxx
    2011 Tacoma 4cyl ... edit: 2022 Tacoma 6cyl - oh yeah! 

A_Little_T@b'll_Do_Ya
  • Options
    PhotomomPhotomom Member Posts: 2,217
    ChanW said:

It seems that attaching various types of 'cubbies' or 'hold-its' directly to the 320 door would be just as useful, but without the cool style of the molded plastic. 

I like the 'Madesmart' organizers that someone showed us, from Target. Maybe they could be adapted to mount on the surface of the 320 door.

We have a couple of the modular Madesmart organizers in our T@B now, haven't seen that one.

I've been using the Command picture hanging strips for a lot of things lately, at home and in the T@B. If you could cut off the part of the Madesmart organizer that goes over the door, you could easily attach it to the T@B door with the picture hanging strips.
    John and Henrietta, Late 2016 T@B S Max in Western New York
  • Options
    jkjennjkjenn Member Posts: 6,391
    This has me thinking about adding hooks and putting up a net to hold shoes, although trash is a good idea, too.

2021 T@b 320 Boondock "Mattie Ross" | 2021 T@b Nights: 239 | Total nights in a T@b 455 | 2022 Jeep Grand Cherokee L Overland | T@b owner since 2014

• Options
    Norbert1223Norbert1223 Member Posts: 82
    I personally don't like it.  Are those bins all removable for cleaning?  How does the door screen work with those protruding baskets?
    Debbie and the Bulldogs; 2016 T@B Max S; 2016 Toyota 4 Runner
  • Options
    I personally don't like it.  Are those bins all removable for cleaning?  How does the door screen work with those protruding baskets?
    The door screen shouldn't be closed when the outer door is closed, so they shouldn't interfere with each other.,
    Verna, Columbus, IN
  • Options
    TABakerTABaker Member Posts: 432
    I have a school locker organizer fastened to the inside of my door.  It holds a pad of paper, pens, flash lights, etc.
    Crystal & Daisy, a yellow 2007 T@B Q previously towed by a 2008 Jeep Liberty, and currently towed by a 2016 RAM 1500.

• Options
    RatkityRatkity Member Posts: 3,770
    TABaker said:
    I have a school locker organizer fastened to the inside of my door.  It holds a pad of paper, pens, flash lights, etc.
     A very good idea! They aren't heavy either and made for small spaces. Thanks for the info!
    2017 820R Retro Toy Hauler from 2015 Tabitha T@B from 2009 Reverse LG Teardrop (but a T@Bluver at heart)