Options

Footprint for T@b Side Tent

For those of you who own the Paha Que Side Tent, did you also order the footprint?  If you did, was it worth the extra cost and does it extend the life of your tent flooring?

Thanks, Dave

2017 T@b 320 - 'Smokey'  2017 Toyota Tacoma TRD Sport - 'B@ndit'
Dave - Tuscaloosa, Al

Comments

• Options
    lapowers57lapowers57 Member Posts: 186
    Yes I did.  A foot print will extend the life of the tent floor.  Unfortunately  the one I received is about a foot bigger on all sides then the tent.  This is not good a rain water will puddle between the footprint and the tent.  Thanks for reminding me.
    2016 T@B M@X S grey/red 16 Foot Airstream, towed by 2014 Jeep Grand Cherokee V6 4x4, Central Connecticut

• Options
    RamrodRamrod Member Posts: 164
  • Options
    MudsharkMudshark Member Posts: 21
    I use a heavy gauge plastic a couple of inches shy on all four sides. Last time out we were caught up in a large rain storm and had no problems at all.  
    2016 T@b M@x CS-S White with black trim. 2019 Toyota Tacoma TRD Sport 4x4. White Lake Mi.
  • Options
    You can use a blue tarp or a very heavy plastic painters tarp.  Make sure you fold them up so they don't extend past the edge of the tent so water does not collect under the tent.  After years of backpacking and car camping where I tried to save money by using a plastic tarp I have come to the conclusion that the footprints the manufactures provide are the best way to go.  The only reason not to use them is to save weight and that is not an issue with the T@B.  

I sent PahaQue an email yesterday with a photo of my tent and the footprint I was sent and with in an hour I had an email telling me that I had been sent the wrong footprint, that they were sending me the correct footprint and that I did not need to send the old one back.  Good customer service. 
    2016 T@B M@X S grey/red 16 Foot Airstream, towed by 2014 Jeep Grand Cherokee V6 4x4, Central Connecticut

• Options
    dmerzbacdmerzbac Member Posts: 289
    lapowers57, good to hear that they are replacing that footprint. I plan on ordering one today. $49 well spent in my opinion.

Dave - Tuscaloosa, Al

• Options
    dmerzbacdmerzbac Member Posts: 289
    lapowers57 - I almost forgot. What is the correct size they are sending you?  Dave

Dave - Tuscaloosa, Al

• Options
    I don't know the correct size.  They told me I had been sent the footprint for another tent and they would send me the correct one for my T@B tent.

• Options
    KBaggins1KBaggins1 Member Posts: 135
    We bought a generic patio matt that we put under our tent and is big enough to extend out the front of the tent so we do not track dirt etc in to the tent .It is made of a reed like woven material that sheds water so it does not cause water build up under the floor .Inside the tent we use 2'x2' foam interlocking pads over the floor so our chairs and table do not wear holes through the floor .We really like the tent but one thing we have found that there are a few places that the bugs will get in , at the rear and front of the tent .A few strips of cheap duct tape takes care of that and is easy to remove and does not leave any permanent marks ,When it is raining and we have all the tent and trailer windows closed and the trailer door open, we put the super fan on intake on medium speed and it blows the tent up like a domed stadium and prevents any water buildup on the tent .It is a bit of work to set up the tent , so we only do it when we will be in one spot for at least 3 nights .But the extra space makes using our T@B so much better .
    2014 T@B M@XS;  2017 Ford Transit Low Roof, Reg. Wheel Base
  • Options
    Sharon_is_SAMSharon_is_SAM Administrator Posts: 9,489
    Good use of those 2 x 2 foam pads!  Great idea to inflate the tent as I understand that it can pool water.  
    Sharon / 2017 T@B CSS / 2015 Toyota Sienna Minivan / Westlake, Ohio
  • Options
    Foam pads for tent floors -- what a great idea!!! Thanks