Options

Shurflo 105-003 pump

VermonsterVermonster Member Posts: 80
Hi, anyone have any experience with this pump? Mine just quit, totally dead.  Power to the pump is ok.  It was kind of noisy previously so maybe it just went out?   Found one on the net for $45 so no big deal.  Just wondering if anyone else has dealt with problems with one.  Thanks

Comments

• Options
    DurangoTaBDurangoTaB Member Posts: 754
    The only "warranty" repair we've had done on our (2015) T@B was to replace a noisy water pump, only months after we got the T@B in late 2014.  Ed K at PV said there was a bad batch and they quickly shipped out another.  I think it's still noisier than it should be but we put up with it.  If I were going to replace it I would look for something quieter vs. replacing in kind...

J.D. & Sue

Durango, CO    2014/15 S M@xx :  "Dory's HabiT@B"  Keep on swimming...

• Options
    RatkityRatkity Member Posts: 3,770
    @DurangoTaB, that water pump drives me nuts. As soon as I get all the air out of it for the season, it's time to winterize. I had a wonderfully quiet pump in my old popup. I'm wondering if just a quick change-out would just be the ticket. @Vermonster, let me know if you change it out and how everything goes! I'm very interested.
    2017 820R Retro Toy Hauler from 2015 Tabitha T@B from 2009 Reverse LG Teardrop (but a T@Bluver at heart)
  • Options
    EstancioEstancio Member Posts: 243
    Mine was also "totally dead" at the end of last fall. I took it apart to see if it could be repaired. Motor ran but it did not pump. No luck with disassembly. I ordered a replacement online and started to install it last spring. Before I put in the new one, I gave the old one a final try. IT WORKED! So I now carry a spare water pump. I will never know why it stopped working, not why it started up again. Miracle? 
    Stancil Campbell
    2011 T@B
    Rockingham, NC

• Options
    Tabaz Tabaz Member Posts: 2,357
    Mine makes a ton of noise when pumping.  Several experienced RVers said "they all do that."  Let me know if anyone finds a truly quiet one.
    2016 Outback 320 with a 2010 Ford Expedition.
  • Options
    NomadNomad Member Posts: 7,209
    edited October 2016
    Mine's louder after refilling the tank - settles down after it pumps 2-3 gallons for some reason.
  • Options
    Tabaz Tabaz Member Posts: 2,357
    I'm usually in the shower singing "Nesson Dorma" so can't hear the pump after the first gallon or so.
    2016 Outback 320 with a 2010 Ford Expedition.
  • Options
    Having an older, very basic t@b not sure if we care much about the water system.  So far it seems just as easy to use water out of gallon jugs.  (We have no hot water, shower, or holding tanks. ) But I'll replace the pump anyway as we want to keep everything up to snuff
  • Options
    rfuss928rfuss928 Member Posts: 930
    Vermonster - The Shurflo pumps in the DM T@Bs have an inline fuse in the power line near the pump.  It is a square black plastic housing suspended in the wire.  It's cover pulls off and a standard auto fuse is inside. I don't recall the rating - maybe 10A.  You didn't mention this fuse in your post or where you checked the power.  Just worth checking.

• Options
    Thanks rfuss   I didn't see an inline fuse.  However, I have power to the pump so I don't think that's it.  Thanks for the tip though.  Interestingly, we are totally happy just using water out of gallon jugs and find it just as easy as the faucet plus easier if cooking outside.  I guess we're not fully into RV mode yet!   Still going to fix the pump though
  • Options
    RatkityRatkity Member Posts: 3,770
    I read in the pump installation instructions that tightening the rubber feet down too much will make it vibrate and cause it to be noisy. I loosened the feet screws a little bit (but it's still secured well). I was thinking of mounting it sideways (it can be placed that way), but I'm going to try the feet thing first. I have it winterized, so I guess I'll try it out come the Spring Thaw. Just turning it on for a moment with the RV antifreeze in it after loosening the screws a little quieted it down immensely. We'll see come Spring, right?
    2017 820R Retro Toy Hauler from 2015 Tabitha T@B from 2009 Reverse LG Teardrop (but a T@Bluver at heart)
  • Options
    As a follow up to this thread, I went to amazon for a replacement pump today for the shurflow ($79) and noticed a seaflow pump for $29.  Similar dimensions, pressure, flow, amp draw, and pressure shut off.  Feedback on it was excellent and it says it is very quiet.  Decided to take a chance on it and will let everyone know if it works out.  
  • Options
    Hey durangotab, ever run into a guy around Durango named Don Hinkley?   Went to high school with him in VT.  He was ski patrol director at Purgatory but retired a few years ago
  • Options
    DurangoTaBDurangoTaB Member Posts: 754
    edited November 2016
    @Vermonster... Despite this being a small town, nope...but I'll keep an eye out!

"Dirty Don"?
    http://www.durangoherald.com/article/20151205/NEWS01/151209719/
    http://www.hinkleyforestryservices.com/about.html

J.D. & Sue

Durango, CO    2014/15 S M@xx :  "Dory's HabiT@B"  Keep on swimming...

• Options
    Ha!  That would be him.  Haven't seen him since 1968.  I was on the high school ski team with him.  I understand he generally has cut a wide swath out there. 
  • Options
    Finally got around to replacing my water pump.  The Seaflow pump ($29 on Amazon) went right in in place of the Shurflo.  We'll see how it works.  No quieter though...
  • Options
    BirdieJaneBirdieJane Member Posts: 237
    Used our 2017 Outback once pump quit at the end of my shower. No luck sorting out the problem, would run but not pump water. Dealer pulled it out and replaced it.
    2017 T@B Outback white w black trim / 2019 Subaru Ascent White with black trim / Birch Bay WA.
    aka BirdieJane towed by Quinn