Options

Alde Pump Question

I winterized today but I'm using the heat tonight. I have heat, but I was thinking when the unit kicked on that the pump indicator starts spinning on the electronic control.I used the blow out method, the water heater is empty. I'm on 120 power electric only. It could just be me thinking the symbol used to spin as the unit kicked on.  The pump indicator is comming on but it's not spinning, am I dreaming that it used to? I don't want to damage anything. 

Comments

• Options
    KeltdubhKeltdubh Member Posts: 54
    It does not spin. It just has two arrows bent into a circle. No worries. 
    Ed & Tea
    Linden, VA
    2016 T@B Q Max Outback Package - 2015 Toyota Tacoma TRD Off Road
    Shenandoah Valley T@BBERS
  • Options
    Fatman1966Fatman1966 Member Posts: 145
    Thanks, With new owner jitters I was overthinking it. 
  • Options
    SilverEagleJCSilverEagleJC Member Posts: 24
    I'm glad you asked this.  My first winter with the Tab.

I also just finished winterizing using the RV Fluid and bypassing the Alde water heater.  I drained the Hot water before winterizing.  

I want to be able to use the propane or electric to run the heater a few times this winter.   From the reply it sounds like it is acceptable to do this without damage to the unit.  Correct?

Thanks,
    Janet

• Options
    NomadNomad Member Posts: 7,209
  • Options
    SilverEagleJCSilverEagleJC Member Posts: 24

Perfect. Thanks for the quick reply. Enjoy the day.

• Options
    edahle0618edahle0618 Member Posts: 13
    I just bot a 2017 TAB S  & drained water tanks & Alde water tank. If I turn on Alde system to use electric heat what stops it from trying to heat water when there is no water in tank. Don't want to do damage. Dealer said I should refill water tanks before using heater but this forum as well as Alde app seem to say otherwise- please advise. 
  • Options
    Another question on Alde for 2017 TAB-where is the expansion tank that shows glycol level? Can't seem to locate ut. Final question : does brass knob or cap at top of system get hot? Mine seems very warm & cushion with fabric bottom fits right over it  - just a little concerning 
  • Options
    You won't damage the Alde with no water in it (winterized) and running the heat. I did it for two months (daily).
    That brass thing - ya, gets warm but it doesn't get hot enought to start a fire. As I recall though, some that were concerned put a piece of aluminum faced insulation between it and the cushion fabric.
  • Options
    Where is the Alde expansion tank that also shows glycol mix level? I own a TAB S MAX 2017. The manual says to ck the level of the glycol mix before using heat. Also is the Alde vent on the port side top. - black plastic? I assume you could not run your Alde at low level just to keep it from frost damage  with the outdoor tab custom weather cover on or can u?
  • Options
    The Alde expansion tank is under the back shelf behind the bench seat. You have to remove a couple screws to get the shelf out. It's on the drivers side.
    That black vent is aux air intake for the air conditioner. There's a fan switch left of the Alde controls that activates it. The Alde vent is next to the shore power plug on the drivers side.
    Running Alde with cover on - You probably could if the vent was exposed. Some run an extension cord to a small quartz heater. 
  • Options
    RatkityRatkity Member Posts: 3,770
    Some of the new glycol tanks are behind the potty where the pump is (if you have the shower cassette).
    2017 820R Retro Toy Hauler from 2015 Tabitha T@B from 2009 Reverse LG Teardrop (but a T@Bluver at heart)
  • Options
    RatkityRatkity Member Posts: 3,770
    Speaking of heat, PXL. You might need some with upcoming weather. High wind warning for what looks like the entire SW. Be careful out there!
    2017 820R Retro Toy Hauler from 2015 Tabitha T@B from 2009 Reverse LG Teardrop (but a T@Bluver at heart)
  • Options
    ScottGScottG Administrator Posts: 5,448
    edited November 2016
    I just bot a 2017 TAB S  & drained water tanks & Alde water tank. If I turn on Alde system to use electric heat what stops it from trying to heat water when there is no water in tank. Don't want to do damage. Dealer said I should refill water tanks before using heater but this forum as well as Alde app seem to say otherwise- please advise. 
    The heating units themselves (electric and propane) are the same for both cabin heat and hot water. They are also isolated from the HW tank itself.

If the hot water tank is full, the heaters heat both the water in the tank, and the glycol the cabin heat loop. If the hot water tank is empty, only the glycol is heater.

So, nothing prevents the Alde from trying to heat the hot water, but as others noted, it won't hurt anything to do so!
    2015 T@B S

• Options
    Ratkity - Yep, high winds SW AZ and freeze warnings SE AZ ... I'll be missing both.
  • Options
    TalanTalan Member Posts: 11
    You have two ways to work the Alde pump system  The circle spinning is the continuous pump setting  Factory setting is Thermal and it pumps by the digital temperature That you set your heat setting on and cycles on and off   You can change these settings on control panel press TOOLS  
  • Options
    TalanTalan Member Posts: 11
    You don't have to have water in the alde system  To use your heat