Options

East Meets West, Washington Style! May 18-20, 2017

Comments

• Options
    ericnlizericnliz Member Posts: 4,437
    And Becky's desert! I'm still thinkin' on the request! =)
    2016 T@B MAX S-aka: WolfT@B
    TV: 2006 Chevy Avalanche LT Z71 aka: WhiteWolf, or 1972 Chevy Custom10 P/U aka: SnarlingWolf
    Spokane, Wa.
    Eric aka: Lone Wolf  

• Options
    HomebodyatheartHomebodyatheart Member Posts: 2,497
    I'm sunk... :-) Actually, I'm up for the challenge. My question to you ericnliz is what don't you like? Much easier to narrow down my options that way.

Another question for the group. Any food allergies we need to be aware of for the potluck parts, or foods to avoid? Mine is all shellfish. Carry an epi pen I've never had to use, thank goodness. As long as I can avoid it and any cross contamination of it, I'm fine with others eating it.
    2017 T@B 320 Max S silver and cherry red, L@dybug ("Bug" aka my esc@pe pod), TV 2015 Toyota Highlander aka Big Red
  • Options
    Well Becky, Guess I better hide the fresh trout then, huh? PEACH COBBLER, I like peach cobbler, cherry works too! Can I make a list? :o
    TV: 2006 Chevy Avalanche LT Z71 aka: WhiteWolf, or 1972 Chevy Custom10 P/U aka: SnarlingWolf
    Spokane, Wa.

• Options
    Trout is fine, not shrimp, crab, clams, lobster, ya know...shellfish. And you can make all the lists you want. No guarantees though!
    2017 T@B 320 Max S silver and cherry red, L@dybug ("Bug" aka my esc@pe pod), TV 2015 Toyota Highlander aka Big Red
  • Options
    edited February 2017
    Why do you think I said I'm gonna hide the fresh trout? ;) Now, where did I put that list.......?
    Spokane, Wa.

• Options
    AldebaranJillAldebaranJill Member Posts: 452
    I have changed plans and will be attending - in site 8. =)
    Please add me to the roster. @Homebodyatheart
    2013 MAXX T@B towed by a 2015 Volvo S60 5 CYL AWD Sedan
    Seattle, WA
  • Options
    wizard1880wizard1880 Member Posts: 442
    We have registered in site 7 -- can't wait to meet you all!

There's about half a dozen or so sites left in this loop, including one that's listed as popular (and has a great view!).  There's no hookups in this loop however.
    T@@bulous
    2014 T@B CS Maxx
    TV: 2015 Audi Q7 3.0 V6 TDI (diesel)
    Martha Lake, WA
  • Options
    Aldebaranjill and wizard 1880 I'm so excited that you both can make it! I'll add you to the list. If you want to message me through this forum with your email I'll get you added. It's also good to know there are more sites available if people still want to join the fun! In the near future I will get an email out to everyone with the particulars, and though they haven't changed from what I posted above. So far we have 25 people in 14 sites! 
  • Options
    YEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEHA! Sounds like it's gonna be fun!
    Spokane, Wa.

• Options
    j_ntabownersj_ntabowners Member Posts: 133
     Good morning Eric and the rest of the group. I have a request, last summer I 'accidently' bumped into something when I was backing my t@b up and put a small scuff/crack in the passenger side rear trim piece.  I bought the replacement trim, but got a little intimidated when I went to replace the damaged one, and it's sat in my garage ever since (a small piece of gray duct tape has worked great for a temporary patch...=)  )  I was wondering if I could call upon one of you to help me swap out the damaged trim with the new one sometime during our gathering?  I'll bring the tools, I just need a little moral support and guidance.

Jim & Nadine 2015 T@b Max S pulled by 2016 KIA Sorento - East Wenatchee, Wa

States Visited Map

• Options
    I'd be willing to help any way I can. On the huge plus side, we'll have the T@B guru dalehelman along as well. By the way, sounds like a nice cold beer job to me!
    Spokane, Wa.

• Options
    Ditto - happy to consult. Recently did rear bumper wiring project to add more running lights and upgraded taillights. 
    Seattle, WA
  • Options
    AldebaranJill, Is there a type of caulk under that trim piece where the screws go in, and if so, what type if you know. Just trying to set-up for success the first time around. Sounds like you've been there, done that.
    Spokane, Wa.

• Options

oops I did forget the most important part of the request... I will supply the cold beers  and thanks!

I'm sure it's an easy peasy processs, but when I removed the screws on the damaged one the trim didn't come loose even after some firm tugging.

I think there might be some cutting involved (silicon seal?) to get it to let loose, but didn't relish the ideal of taking an exacto knife to my t@b hence the intimdation.

States Visited Map

• Options
    I'm happy to lend moral support to the project!
  • Options
    Bring cobbler, peach cobbler! Oh, and whipped cream!
    Spokane, Wa.

• Options
    =) OOPS, Meant to say ICE CREAM! French vanilla please!
    Spokane, Wa.

• Options

Sounds like a party in space 70 =)

States Visited Map

• Options
    j_ntabowners, From what I've read on some previous posts, a putty knife comes in handy to break the "seal". Hopefully, someone who has taken these parts off, and put back on will chime in here.
    Spokane, Wa.

• Options
    drpprmtdrpprmt Member Posts: 117
    Are there sites with electric, water, and sewer?  We're from Spokane and this sounds like fun.
  • Options
    ericnliz said:
    AldebaranJill, Is there a type of caulk under that trim piece where the screws go in, and if so, what type if you know. Just trying to set-up for success the first time around. Sounds like you've been there, done that.
    It depends on which panel. The side panels had no caulk, just screws. The tail light panel had a very very fine strip of sealing caulk across the top which simply pulled off when I removed the screws. But both compartments are anything but sealed - when I opened them there was a bunch of pine needles and spider webs and junk. I think an exacto or sharp knife will easily cut seal if it doesn't come off by itself as it did in my case. I use various things to seal depending on whether I intend to get back into area in the future, from Goop to silicone rv sealant to this weather stripping tape. The rear seals are really just intended to allow water to flow around the compartments. So when I resealed mine I only added teeny bead to top intersection with trailer surface. 

Does that help?
    Seattle, WA
  • Options
    Yes, Thanks.
    Spokane, Wa.

• Options
    ericnliz said:
    It depends on which panel. The side panels had no caulk, just screws. The tail light panel had a very very fine strip of sealing caulk across the top which simply pulled off when I removed the screws. But both compartments are anything but sealed - when I opened them there was a bunch of pine needles and spider webs and junk. I think an exacto or sharp knife will easily cut seal if it doesn't come off by itself as it did in my case. I use various things to seal depending on whether I intend to get back into area in the future, from Goop to silicone rv sealant to this weather stripping tape. The rear seals are really just intended to allow water to flow around the compartments. So when I resealed mine I only added teeny bead to top intersection with trailer surface. 

Does that help?

Thanks it does-and I know pics or it didn't happen.. I need to replace the lower trim piece that runs from back tip to wheel well. As I remember I have to remove the wheel well piece to get at the whole lower trim piece.

States Visited Map

• Options
    ericnliz said:

Does that help?

Thanks it does-and I know pics or it didn't happen.. I need to replace the lower trim piece that runs from back tip to wheel well. As I remember I have to remove the wheel well piece to get at the whole lower trim piece.

I am confident we can figure out how to disassemble and reassemble. :-)
    Seattle, WA
  • Options
    drpprmt said:
    Are there sites with electric, water, and sewer?  We're from Spokane and this sounds like fun.

Looking at the online reservation site, looks like there's only 6 sites left and they are all without hookups

States Visited Map

• Options
    @alderbaranjill Thanks, I'm sure with the collective experience and knowledge it'll be a snap ;)

States Visited Map

• Options
    Would something like Goo-Gone/orange oil gunk remover work in place of a blade or putty knife? That stuff works wonders on glues. 

Hey Eric! Alderbaranjill gets a T@B U merit badge for knowing the secret rule! :-) Great job!
  • Options
    edited March 2017
    Goo gone is awesome, but for a strip/bead of caulk, slicing and peeling may be less time consuming than trying to chemically dissolve. 

Secret rule?  :) 
    Seattle, WA
  • Options

@alderbaranjill Thanks, I'm sure with the collective experience and knowledge it'll be a snap ;)
    I'll pack an exacto blade and a crow bar. ;)
    Seattle, WA
  • Options
    DouayHADouayHA Member Posts: 36
    edited March 2017
    Hello everyone, we are anxiously awaiting delivery of our 2017 Outback (ETA March 18). We are planning a long trip departing April 7th and return to Seattle April 30 with our two Siberian Huskies. Our plan is to head down to the Redwoods, head over to the Grand Canyon, Zion National Park, possibly Bryce National Park before heading to Kansas to visit family for a while. Return trip is still up in the air, with 5-7 days allotted for travel and stopovers. We would love to see Yellowstone, but know the weather at the end of April might be an issue. We booked site 5 for May 19 and 20 and are looking forward to getting to know others in the T@B community. Is there anything we can bring?
    2017 T@b Outback 'Little S@lty' towed by 2015 Toyota Tacoma.
This discussion has been closed.