Options

East Meets West, Washington Style! May 18-20, 2017

Comments

• Options
    ericnlizericnliz Member Posts: 4,437
    Know what 'ya mean, my Rolodex has stuck & missing pages galore! =)
    2016 T@B MAX S-aka: WolfT@B
    TV: 2006 Chevy Avalanche LT Z71 aka: WhiteWolf, or 1972 Chevy Custom10 P/U aka: SnarlingWolf
    Spokane, Wa.
    Eric aka: Lone Wolf  

• Options
    Figured since we had an inquiry, I'd give this one a "bump" too. :)
    TV: 2006 Chevy Avalanche LT Z71 aka: WhiteWolf, or 1972 Chevy Custom10 P/U aka: SnarlingWolf
    Spokane, Wa.

• Options
    Ok folks, this is gettin' kinda close now, so a couple of thoughts, and any help would be most appreciated.
    1) Pot luck dinner: so we don't end up with 20 potato salads, 20 macaroni salads, etc., is anyone willing to make up a "menu" to alleviate that scenario...PLEASE.
    2) How many folks will be staying past Saturday as I might have a "surprise" dinner for those folks. Pot luck as well though.
    3) Do we have a good "head count" for total attendance? This would help me out for purchasing ribs!
    4) Have there been any cancellations for those that may want to attend in their place?
    5) Are there any spots at all still open for the dates posted anywhere in the campground, with/without hook-ups?

Please chime in any additional thoughts/suggestions you may have. It will help everyone if 'ya do!
    Thanks to all, Eric
    Spokane, Wa.

• Options
    HomebodyatheartHomebodyatheart Member Posts: 2,497
    Eric, now you're gonna make me think, aren't you! Now that my pressing paperwork is done and turned over I can get back to thinking about playing! As far a head count goes, I've got 30 T@bbers and a few furry family members in 17 sites. As of this morning the parks map shows site 21 in loop A available. The rest of the camp ground is booked up.
    https://washington.goingtocamp.com/LincolnRockStatePark/A(Sites1-27,KitchenShelterC)?Map

Here's my list:
    Tent/ dry camping sites, Loop A:
    Site 1- OreoT@b,  2 plus Sophie  Friday-Sunday
    5 - Douayha, 2  Friday, Saturday
    7 - Wizard 1880
    8 - AlderbaranJill
    13 - Raschko, Ryan and Cecil  2 plus pup   Saturday, Sunday

RV sites, Loop C:
    64 - Sydney and(sorry, I missed the second name) 2
    66 - dalehelman, Dale and Sandi  2
    68 - Homebodyatheart, Dan and Becky 2
    70 - J_NT@bowners, Jim and Nadine  2
    72 - Terry and Nanette  2
    74 - Ericnliz   Eric and Liz  2
    78 - Dalene and her T@D@  1
    80 - Jean  1
    81 - Andy and Jane 2
    83 - Tricia and Paul  2
    85 - Pika Ted and Carol  2
    87 - Jerry and Vicki  2

Thursday most arrive. 7pm or so we'll have a dessert potluck. Jim is going to try to secure one of the shelters for us to congregate in when they get there. He has also volunteered to lead a hike in the area (Friday I think?).

Friday morning 10am or so let's have a 'parade of homes' so to speak, to check out each of our set ups, get great ideas.We will figure out Thursday night whose site to start with and everyone who wants to participate can. We might want to save dalehelman's Sofitel for last. He's got a lot of great mods!

Friday I think will be Jim's hike. He can fill us in Thursday night.Friday night dinner is the pork rib bbq, salads and desserts potluck. Eric has been kind enough to offer his pit bbq and expertise to feed us well. Dan will help him with this endeavor. Because this gathering grew so, we will have a donation jar to offer Eric some cash to offset his purchase of ribs for 30.

Saturday nothing is planned. Some will go home (sigh...) some will be able to stay.

This is the first East Meets West, Washington Style gathering, and we are open to any and all suggestions. I'm looking forward to it!
    2017 T@B 320 Max S silver and cherry red, L@dybug ("Bug" aka my esc@pe pod), TV 2015 Toyota Highlander aka Big Red
  • Options
    @Homebodyatheart, Thanks, Becky, that helps, and my thanks to Dan in advance for the help! Another thanks to Jim for his  "local" help as well
    Need more input though. Folks, we want to make this a successful outing, and input, and suggestions will help tremendously in making that happen. We want EVERYONE to have a good time, so please, please chime in.
    Anyone plan on bringin' games? Ladder ball, horse shoes, badmitten, volleyball, Pig in the Poke (guess some call it "cornhole") Competitions for these, and others would be fun as well.
    Spokane, Wa.

• Options
    Eric, you may just find yourself in charge of games if you keep this up. OK.  You're on!  =) I will have some card and sittin' down kind of table games, and I know others who come well prepared, too. Shanghai Rummy and Left-Center-Right, Barbie Uno (it's ruthless...) come immediately to mind. Hand and foot if I can find my mom's rules. I also know there are at least 4 puzzle people in this group, one of which comes well prepared!

Now to go put the games in the T@B!
    2017 T@B 320 Max S silver and cherry red, L@dybug ("Bug" aka my esc@pe pod), TV 2015 Toyota Highlander aka Big Red
  • Options
    JeanneJeanne Member Posts: 65
    I just found this and only one site left that I don't think we will take.   Lets do some more of these in the future. 
    2014 T@B S Max, TV 2012 Jeep Grand Cherokee Overland Summit, Richland, WA
  • Options
    Jeanne, that sounds good to me! 
  • Options
    j_ntabownersj_ntabowners Member Posts: 133

ericnliz said:

Ok folks, this is gettin' kinda close now, so a couple of thoughts, and any help would be most appreciated.
    1) Pot luck dinner: so we don't end up with 20 potato salads, 20 macaroni salads, etc., is anyone willing to make up a "menu" to alleviate that scenario...PLEASE.
    2) How many folks will be staying past Saturday as I might have a "surprise" dinner for those folks. Pot luck as well though.
    3) Do we have a good "head count" for total attendance? This would help me out for purchasing ribs!
    4) Have there been any cancellations for those that may want to attend in their place?
    5) Are there any spots at all still open for the dates posted anywhere in the campground, with/without hook-ups?

Please chime in any additional thoughts/suggestions you may have. It will help everyone if 'ya do!
    Thanks to all, Eric

Nadine and I will be staying until Sunday. We'll bring an appetizer to the potluck.

Jim & Nadine 2015 T@b Max S pulled by 2016 KIA Sorento - East Wenatchee, Wa

States Visited Map

• Options
    Thanks @j_ntabowners, Appreciate the input!
    Spokane, Wa.

• Options
    Here is a link to a website describing the hike  http://www.summitpost.org/saddle-rock-mountain/932223 I like going up the North Route, a little longer than the South route, but nicer hike IMO. Although we could always leave a car in the South route parking lot, and take the north route up and then come down the south route.  If anyone is interested, let me know sometime between now and Thursday night of May 18th  :)

States Visited Map

• Options
    @j_ntabowners, You'll have to count me out on that one for right now. I'll still cook though. :)
    Spokane, Wa.

• Options
    That sounds like a good deal to me! 

States Visited Map

• Options
    DalehelmanDalehelman Member Posts: 2,410
    If you are attending this rally and you are interested in this mod.Let me know. I will source all of the parts needed for this conversion. With limited skills you can DIY. It only requires cutting the 1 1/2" gray water drain pipe. On a scale of 1-5 I would rate it 1.5. The cost for all of the materials is $60, and I can walk you through the fairly easy process. If you prefer not to DIY if you come to my home I would be happy to do it for you no charge. I am willing to do the install at the rally for an additional $25. If you are interested e mail me.
    dalehelman@yahoo.com
    1. Hash  T@B Fun
  • Options
    @Jeanne, I was just reading through this post to get a better "headcount" for this event when I came across your post. Might want to start a New Discussion post on your camping trip for others to see. Label it under the Events And News post would be best. That way you can better keep track, and get updates on how many folks have an interest. Thanks for sharing by the way! :)
    Spokane, Wa.

• Options
    VernaVerna Member Posts: 6,878

ericnliz said:

@Jeanne, I was just reading through this post to get a better "headcount" for this event when I came across your post. Might want to start a New Discussion post on your camping trip for others to see. Label it under the Events And News post would be best. That way you can better keep track, and get updates on how many folks have an interest. Thanks for sharing by the way! :)

I already did it for @Jeanne ;)
    Verna, Columbus, IN
    2021 T@B 320S  Boondock “The T@B”
    Towed by a white 2019 Ford F-150 4x4 Supercab, 3.5L V6 Ecoboost “The Truck”
  • Options
    @Dalehelman, Hey thanks for offering this to folks, and another thanks for doing mine as well. If 'ya haven't done this yet, you would be wise to take Dale up on his offer, well worth it in my most humble opinion! :)
    Spokane, Wa.

• Options
    That's why we love 'ya @Verna!!!! ;)
    Spokane, Wa.

• Options
    Dalene54Dalene54 Member Posts: 15
    Hi Becky. I'm really looking forward to this rally.. It'll be so fun to see everyone's T@bs and the mods done. I plan to stay until Sunday and will bring a dessert for Friday's potluck. Unfortunately I don't have any games to offer. 
    2010 red T@da with grey trim...aka The Bean, old Bean or Mr. Bean (cuz he looks like a cinnamon jelly bean).
    TV is unnamed 2015 white Toyota 4Runner
    Cheney WA
  • Options
    Pika1Pika1 Member Posts: 29
    Ted & Carol (Pika) will be staying through Sunday night. Homeward bound on Monday. Will change sites on Sunday.
  • Options
    Dalene, don't worry about games. I think there will be plenty to do. 

Pika1 that's great news! We may also be able to stay till Sunday now. 

This should be a fun gathering!
  • Options
    DouayHADouayHA Member Posts: 36

If you are attending this rally and you are interested in this mod.Let me know. I will source all of the parts needed for this conversion. With limited skills you can DIY. It only requires cutting the 1 1/2" gray water drain pipe. On a scale of 1-5 I would rate it 1.5. The cost for all of the materials is $60, and I can walk you through the fairly easy process. If you prefer not to DIY if you come to my home I would be happy to do it for you no charge. I am willing to do the install at the rally for an additional $25. If you are interested e mail me.
    dalehelman@yahoo.com

Would love to have you do the MOD to our 2017 Outback at the rally if you're willing!
    2017 T@b Outback 'Little S@lty' towed by 2015 Toyota Tacoma.
  • Options

DouayHA said:

dalehelman@yahoo.com

Would love to have you do the MOD to our 2017 Outback at the rally if you're willing!

I will bring the parts. See you there.
    1. Hash  T@B Fun
  • Options
    edited April 2017
    I'm just gonna put this out there for a consensus. For the BBQ Friday, I am also considering cooking pork loin. I did 2 in addition to BBQ ribs ( for 50 ) this weekend. First time I've done the pork loin, and it came out AWESOME! Tender, moist, and just down right YUMMY! I'm thinkin' if that is a direction folks would like, let me know. Big plus to that is...IF there are any leftovers the next day, we could go for BBQ pulled pork SAMMICHES! Whadda "ya think?  :)
    After all, I'm not cartin' this sucker ( The Pit Barrel ) along so it can just sit there idle!  =)
    Spokane, Wa.

• Options
    The ribs sound great, along with a possibility of Pork pulled sandwiches, if you decide that route.  I'm easy to please, especially if there is a beer or two involved =)

States Visited Map

• Options
    Dalene54Dalene54 Member Posts: 15
    I'm up for that too. I'll bring beer too.
    2010 red T@da with grey trim...aka The Bean, old Bean or Mr. Bean (cuz he looks like a cinnamon jelly bean).
    TV is unnamed 2015 white Toyota 4Runner
    Cheney WA
  • Options
    Do you have any camping or RV related items laying around that you no longer need or use? Why not bring them along for a mini swap meet. We could incorporate it with the trailer tour. If you have something large you you could list it here ahead of time. I don't about you but we have accumulated over the years things that we no longer use but others may find useful. What are your thoughts?
    1. Hash  T@B Fun
  • Options
    SWAP MEET! Great idea Dale!
    Spokane, Wa.

• Options

I second that! 

States Visited Map

• Options
    Of course I'm in. I might find something I really need but never knew I did! =)
This discussion has been closed.