Options

East Meets West, Washington Style! May 18-20, 2017

Comments

• Options
    HomebodyatheartHomebodyatheart Member Posts: 2,498
    douayHA that is great! I do want to clarify that most are arriving Thursday 5/18 and leaving Saturday  5/20. The plan is to have a dessert potluck Thursday about 7pm. Friday around 10-10:30 have a tour of our homes. It is completely voluntary and a great way to see the great mods and decorating everyone has done. Jim,  J_Ntabowners, is leading a hike sometime Friday I believe as they live fairly close by and know the area. Friday night Eric, ericnliz, is generosly providing bbq pork ribs he will cook all day. The rest of us are potlucking side dishes and desserts, whatever sounds good to you. Saturday is open play time till we head home. Congrats on your new Outback! Your trip sounds like a dream! Such a beautiful country we have to see! We have a 2017 MaxS ready at the dealer to bring home when winter melts. I can't wait! Also, what are your names so I can add you to our list? Again, glad to have you join the fun. Total tally now 27 campers in 15 T@bs, actually fourteen T@bs and one T@da!
    2017 T@B 320 Max S silver and cherry red, L@dybug ("Bug" aka my esc@pe pod), TV 2015 Toyota Highlander aka Big Red
  • Options
    DouayHADouayHA Member Posts: 36
    Unfortunately work obligations do not allow us to arrive on Thursday. We will arrive as early as possible on Friday. We can bring some things for dessert, and a side dish or two Friday evening. Hopefully we will get there before it gets too late in the evening. Our names are Helgi and Azel Douay, along with our two Huskies Raven and Maya. We are looking forward to meeting new people, and getting some great ideas for different things to do!
    2017 T@b Outback 'Little S@lty' towed by 2015 Toyota Tacoma.
  • Options
    I understand. It will be great to meet you both, and your pups, too!
    2017 T@B 320 Max S silver and cherry red, L@dybug ("Bug" aka my esc@pe pod), TV 2015 Toyota Highlander aka Big Red
  • Options
    RaschkoRaschko Member Posts: 22
    Ryan and Cecile and pup will be in site #13 the 20th and 21st.  (sat,sun)    :)
  • Options
    SeadusterSeaduster Member Posts: 147
    As I wrote in another post, there will be two additional "very novice" RVers joining the Lincoln rock gathering.  My friend and I will be found in the last available campsite (#1).  We'll be there Friday nite through Sunday.  My name is Noreen, my friend is Renee, and I wouldn't leave home without my Shih Tzu, Sophie.
    2017 white/black trim T@B Outback; 2017 white Subaru Outback; Seattle
  • Options
    j_ntabownersj_ntabowners Member Posts: 133
    cool, it'll be fun to have the 'three' of you there

Jim & Nadine 2015 T@b Max S pulled by 2016 KIA Sorento - East Wenatchee, Wa

States Visited Map

• Options
    DalehelmanDalehelman Member Posts: 2,410
    Homebodyatheart: You may have just started an  annual thing. East meets West T@B, T@D@, Little Guy Rally.
    1. Hash  T@B Fun
  • Options
    Dalehelman, I hope so! :-):-):-)
  • Options
    SeadusterSeaduster Member Posts: 147
    Will we have a rally naming contest?
    2017 white/black trim T@B Outback; 2017 white Subaru Outback; Seattle
  • Options
    OreoTAB, sure, why not!

Ok, since the sites seem to be all full my final count is 16 T@Bs, 1 T@D@, 17 sites total in 2 loops, head count 30 happy campers! Wow! What a great response! It should be a fun time. 

A housekeeping note at my end. It would be helpful to have everyone's email so when the new forum kicks in we don't loose track of anyone if they have any glitches. You can message me through this forum before 3/31. Thanks!
  • Options
    ericnlizericnliz Member Posts: 4,437
    edited March 2017
    Oh, boy. I'm gonna be cookin' all day! (Note to self..it's a good thing, just bring more beer!) Now I gotta figure out how many racks of ribs I'm gonna need. Donations gladly excepted. Homebodyatheart, Becky, can I get a head count for how many will be at the pot-luck? Ok, as far as a name for the festival....Rock@T@B Annual Festival?  =)
    2016 T@B MAX S-aka: WolfT@B
    TV: 2006 Chevy Avalanche LT Z71 aka: WhiteWolf, or 1972 Chevy Custom10 P/U aka: SnarlingWolf
    Spokane, Wa.
    Eric aka: Lone Wolf  

• Options
    Eric count on use for a donation that's the easy part.
    1. Hash  T@B Fun
  • Options
    Dalehelman, Thanks, and much appreciated. I'm thinkin' probably about 8-10 racks. Now I have to go figure out how to make room in my freezer to accommodate, and get into the attic in my garage for another cooler to transport said ribs. Could also use a helper ( Yup, I'll supply the beer) for puttin' on the bar-b-que sauce while they're a cookin'. Just gotta hold 'em up & keep yer body parts out of the way. Difficulty depends on beer consumption and dance moves involved!  =) Oh, that reminds me now, gotta make more sauce, and rub! Make a list, make a list, make a list........ :o
    TV: 2006 Chevy Avalanche LT Z71 aka: WhiteWolf, or 1972 Chevy Custom10 P/U aka: SnarlingWolf
    Spokane, Wa.

• Options
    I'm good for a donation and helping err...beer consumption..err...helping...beer...anyway we'll get it sorted out when the time comes.

States Visited Map

• Options
    Thanks Jim! :)
    Spokane, Wa.

• Options
    j_ntabowners, Jim, just a thought/question: is there a spot in the campground available for the potluck, and/or are the picnic tables mobile so we could move, and replace them?
    Spokane, Wa.

• Options
    I think we'll have to grab one of the two shelters that are available.  When I spoke to the ranger he thought the time of year we're going to be there, that wouldn't be too difficult as long as we staked out our territory fairly early in the day; he didn't think there would be any reservations for the shelters, and they were first come first serve without the reservations.

States Visited Map

• Options
    edited March 2017
    Since we have almost the whole place reserved anyway, shouldn't be a problem. Thanks for the info though! Me thinks I'm gonna need a bigger boat! I'm gonna have to do some creative packing this time around! =)
    Spokane, Wa.

• Options
    If it will help I can bring a couple of fold up tables, since I don't live to far away, I don't have to worry about the packing requirements, and anything else you think you might need in the way of cooking implements, that you don't have room for just send me an email (I think Dale has my email on his list) and I'll see what I can do to accommodate you.

States Visited Map

• Options
    You can't have to many tables.
    1. Hash  T@B Fun
  • Options
    2Cougs2Cougs Member Posts: 911
    DouayHa - Eric wants pie and ice cream!  ;)
    Wish we could be there... if grandbaby is born early we may make a day trip.  We'll see.
    2016 T@B CS-S silver with white trim and WSU themed
    Pulled by a silver 2017 Chevy Silverado
    Leaves on T@bventures from Spokane, WA

• Options
    DouayHADouayHA Member Posts: 36
    2Cougs, Not sure how we'd do ice cream with no freezer... Pie, might be able to swing that. Now if chocolate is up your alley, that's easy.
    2017 T@b Outback 'Little S@lty' towed by 2015 Toyota Tacoma.
  • Options
    DouayHa, Whipped cream always works too! =)
    Spokane, Wa.

• Options

Hey Eric, here are the pics I promised of the shelters at Lincoln Rock. 

The one near the Group camping site has a sink

First time I've been to the park, even though I've lived in the area for 4+ years It's nice, with lots of paths meandering through the park, and access to the paved Apple loop trail that takes you into East Wenatchee/Wenatchee. A boat launch and docking facilities and great views of the Columbia river and surrounding area.

Looking forward to the gathering.

States Visited Map

• Options
    Jim thank you so much for these pics! You two are the best! It's really nice.
  • Options
    Jim, Thanks for taking the time to go & share the pictures. Either shelter would be perfect for our purposes. Great lookin' place by the way.
    Spokane, Wa.

• Options
    edited April 2017
    Just a reminder, this event is coming up pretty quick. Get those trailers out, and get 'em up & runnin'. This should be a fun event!
    Just a thought on this one, maybe we should have a breakfast meeting ( on the East side, Westerners welcome ) prior to this event to make sure everyone is on the same page for some of the activities we have planned, ie, the potluck dinner.?
    Spokane, Wa.

• Options
    Hey Eric, not sure if Nadine and I will make it to the breakfast this weekend, so send me a pm with your address and I'll get a donation in the mail to help out with the barbeque.

States Visited Map

• Options
    j_ntabowners, Not to worry, Don't even have room in the freezer right now! I have a wedding that I have to cook for on the 22nd of this month, so freezer room is at a premium right now. If you wish to contribute, I'll catch up with you later.
    I wasn't referring to this coming weekend, I was thinking more along the lines of the first, or second Saturday in May. We'll miss seeing you this Saturday however. Take care, and we'll see you soon!
    Spokane, Wa.

• Options
    sounds good, ya I knew you were talking about later, but getting the donation to you was on my mind, and these days if I don't get it on paper (or into written form) it gets shoved aside never to be found again with all of the other stuff that I have to remember...

States Visited Map

This discussion has been closed.