Options

TV fire extinguisher...

Anyone mounting a fire extinguisher in TV...?
Looking at this solution...

Comments

• Options
    jkjennjkjenn Member Posts: 6,391
    I used to have one around one of the roll bars in my JKU but have not decided a good place to put one in my WK2.

2021 T@b 320 Boondock "Mattie Ross" | 2021 T@b Nights: 239 | Total nights in a T@b 455 | 2022 Jeep Grand Cherokee L Overland | T@b owner since 2014

• Options
    RatkityRatkity Member Posts: 3,770
    I was on the bike a month ago and passed a van by itself fully engulfed in flames on the side of the road (no one hurt). Just yesterday, I saw the firetruck go by (too cold for bike, was in the truck) and there was a car in the grocery store parking lot, smoldering. Not sure what the deal has been lately around here.

Dad always told us we couldn't drive our vehicles until we could our own pump gas (old days, mind you), change a tire, drive a stick shift on the floor and on the steering column - and carry an appropriate fire extinguisher (and check expiration frequently). That was in the days of 2 or 4 barrel carbs and fires were more frequent. These were the days when shoulder seat belts were coming in vogue and air bags wouldn't be around for another 10 or so years.

One of the funniest stories a coworker told me was when they were driving in a bare-bones Fed-owned farm truck way back in the day. Fire extinguishers were mandatory. Except tying them down wasn't! One went off in the cab of the truck while he was driving. It was a funny story when he told it, but he said it wasn't funny at the time going 70 mph down the highway and not being able to see or breathe. So if you do decided to carry a fire extinguisher, get the appropriate one for putting out gasoline fires and have it secured somehow.
    2017 820R Retro Toy Hauler from 2015 Tabitha T@B from 2009 Reverse LG Teardrop (but a T@Bluver at heart)