Options

Sequoia table leg system

Does anyone have experience with the Sequoia Leg System?  Is it stable for a T@B full size table?  Is it convenient and easy to use?
I think PV used this style leg in some T@Bs they built.
I'm considering changing the base on my DM table.

Comments

• Options
    mash2mash2 Member Posts: 581
    I used for a while, but didn't really like  that much.  Took mine off and switched to the Lagun mount and have been much happier with the Lagun setup.  The leg was too tall for my taste (27 inch).  

Having said this. it did work.   The locking bracket was a bit finicky.... needed to be locked down tight to get table stable and was sometimes difficult to loosen after it was tightened to stabilize the table.    Also wish I could have found a 25.5 inch leg (while listed as available, could only find the longer arm on line).  
  • Options
    RZRBUGRZRBUG Member Posts: 890
    Although the concept and idea is good, I found that the floor base to be inadequate for heavy use.  The base is made of cast aluminum and is prone to cracking and breaking.

Larry & Booger - 2013 T@B, 2012 GMC Sierra

Happy Trails Y'all

States Visited Map

• Options
    DalehelmanDalehelman Member Posts: 2,410
    If you are going to secure to floor I would recommend through bolting with large fender washers on the bottom side 
    1. Hash  T@B Fun
  • Options
    moosemamamoosemama Member Posts: 26
    We installed one and aren't crazy about it.  The table does not feel stable.  If you do try it, one word of caution:  make sure you screw the collar all the way down at the base.  Turning the table to get in and out of the seats caused ours to loosen, which we didn't discover until setting a full glass of red wine down on the table!  It went everywhere.  If you look closely,  you can still see a pink shadow on the cushions....
    AZ - 2016 T@B-S Outback Silver/silver
  • Options
    rfuss928rfuss928 Member Posts: 941
    edited January 2017
    Everyone, thanks for the feedback.  This confirms what I thought I had heard before.  I think we'll stick with the original folding base and legs (so many others dislike).  I don't find it difficult to use and it makes a very stable table when up. 
    Our springer spaniel, Bella, sometimes crawls under to the "way back" when the bed is made.  I thought a little more room under the table in either position would be nice for all of us. 
    The Sequoia leg does not seem to be what we want.

• Options
    RatkityRatkity Member Posts: 3,770
    Beeeeeautiful pup!!!! :heart:
    2017 820R Retro Toy Hauler from 2015 Tabitha T@B from 2009 Reverse LG Teardrop (but a T@Bluver at heart)
  • Options
    marknjudymarknjudy Member Posts: 378
    I've been giving this a lot of thought I and I believe I've decided to do what PXL, RZRBUG and others have done and use a lighter weight folding table instead of futzing with the Lagun system or anything else. It's lightweight, can be used outside and easily taken out of the way.
    Mark - 2016 T@b Max S (Silver/Red), 2012 F-150