Options

T@B Covers

Comments

• Options
    JimboJimbo Member Posts: 118
    Wanderoo, your welcome. I essentially do this on my bass boat, If you don't this area will suffer in long run. Someone else here may have a better solution but this is my short term solution. Humm..a large plastic storage bin placed over this area may do a better job. Will have play with that idea.
    Jim, Kelseyville CA, 2013 T@B "Q", T@BCASA, Silver W/Yellow trim, TV: 2006 Honda Ridgeline 
  • Options
    IACamperIACamper Member Posts: 109
    I put mine on front to back with the help of a broomstick to lift it over the vent. I also hook one end of the bungee to the broom and pull it under the T@B that way.
    Kristi Des Moines, IA 2008 T@B L
  • Options
    jbug10jbug10 Member Posts: 156

Forlklift, something I forgot to mention when I read that you store your T@b on asphalt;  My new storage facility since July is asphalt and they have us to park our RVs with 1 x 12 boards under the tires and tongue so it does not sink into the hot asphalt during the summer.  That might be something you could do at your storage place.     

June; 2013 T@b "Fant@bulous"; 2016 Jeep Grand Cherokee; one kayak and one bike
  • Options
    RZRBUGRZRBUG Member Posts: 890
    A large grill cover works great to cover the tongue and battery cover.  I put one end under the hitch then the other end will slip down behind the tank/battery cover.  You can bungee the end around the hitch and it stays pretty secure.  I'm not sure what sizes they come in, but I got the largest one I could find.  It it's too large, you can always secure with bungees.

Larry & Booger - 2013 T@B, 2012 GMC Sierra

Happy Trails Y'all

States Visited Map

• Options
    Good info Larry had not thought of that. A big grill cover should work great, thanks.

And IACamper, Putting it on front to back would probably make it easier to get over the vent cover and using a broom stick is less hassle than a ladder. 

Thanks for the input guys...
    Jim, Kelseyville CA, 2013 T@B "Q", T@BCASA, Silver W/Yellow trim, TV: 2006 Honda Ridgeline 
  • Options
    VernaVerna Member Posts: 6,878
    A piece of pipe insulation over your broom stick will give you peace of mind if you happen to hit your T@B.
    Verna, Columbus, IN
    2021 T@B 320S  Boondock “The T@B”
    Towed by a white 2019 Ford F-150 4x4 Supercab, 3.5L V6 Ecoboost “The Truck”
  • Options
    Another good idea Verna, thanks.
  • Options
    gilbutlergilbutler Member Posts: 169
    I put the cover on solo today.  I will hopefully improve.  I just saw the broom handle suggestion and will experiment with that  Thank you Kristi (and Verna).

The only time I've had to return a product was when I had already quickly discarded the packing it was received in.  Now I wait and check product first, as I have with the T@B Cover box.  After opening the cover and re-folding, I decided to just discard the box into which I would never be able to return the cover!  I wont be returning it anyway. I'm sure glad the kit included the large storage bag.  Nice touch.

Gil Butler, Folsom, CA, 2015 T@B M@XX CS - White with Yellow tim
  • Options
    WanderooWanderoo Member Posts: 553

I went to the hardware store today to get a grill cover for T@B's tongue but I ended up getting an air conditioner cover, which I think will work.  Since my PahaQue cover fits over the accessory box, I don't need such a large cover for the tongue.  I got the medium size air conditioner cover, but the small size would probably work just as well.  I had to secure it in several places using bungees and shark clamps, and I hope it is secure.  Only time will tell.  At least it's better than nothing.  :))

I have attached a picture of T@B's new winter hat.

Beth, 2015 Toyota Tacoma (Ramblin' Rose), 2014 T@B S M@xx (ClemenT@B)
  • Options
    Speaking of covers, guess who is now parked beside ClemenT@B?  She has a T@B cousin who also has a PahaQue cover!!! :x
  • Options
    mawebbmawebb Member Posts: 257
    I expect to take delivery of my T@B mid December and was wondering about the pros and cons of using a cover. I can see that using a cover will keep rain etc. from getting into places where it should not be, particularly if there it is accompanied by strong winds that can drive the rain sideways. Is there any concern about abrasion between the cover and the lexan windows? I expect the cover will move a bit with wind, so I was wondering if there was any concern about causing wear on the exterior finishes. Our climate here is cooler with plenty of rain. Not much snow if any. The other option (next winter) would be to apply a good coat of gel coat protection, such as what is used on boats and fiberglass bathroom fixtures.
    Martin - Trailer name: James T@Berius Kirk 
  • Options
    mash2mash2 Member Posts: 581
    Jenn mentioned that she wanted to use the heater with the cover on.... I have an older tab and there is a vent for the heater on the right side that gets very hot, I did the same thing she talked about (sitting in the tab and using the heater while the cover was on), and ended up with a hole burned in the cover at the heat vent location.  Not sure if the Alde works the same, but if there is a vent for the Alde, it can heat up and impact the cover.
  • Options
    IACamperIACamper Member Posts: 109
    Someone had a tip to cover the windows with plastic food wrap before putting the cover on, in order the eliminate scratching. So far, I've forgotten to do that and haven't noticed any scratching I can't live with. You might be bothered by it more than I am, however.
    Kristi Des Moines, IA 2008 T@B L
  • Options
    forklift_guy59forklift_guy59 Member Posts: 16
    Thanks for all the T@B cover hints on how to put it on alone. I also thought the BBQ cover is a great idea. Jbug - I do place a piece of plywood under my tongue jack but haven't put plywood under the tires. I do have the tires covered and haven't noticed any asphalt problems. I'll keep watching to avoid any issues. Thanks to all who post. It is greatly appreciated  
  • Options
    USWildflowersUSWildflowers Member Posts: 177
    I have the R-Pod cover - the budget just couldn't handle the extra couple of hundred bucks for the custom cover. Can't speak to the relative quality/durability since I have no experience with the custom cover; I guess time will tell whether the R-Pod cover is less expensive in the long term.  The R-Pod cover goes over the Yak rack, and it also covers the accessory box and the jack handle up front; doesn't reach to cover the end of the hitch (although I haven't tried to stretch it tightly...) The door opening "mostly" aligns, as I think someone else has mentioned on this forum. The elastic corners fit nicely under the T@b at front and back, keeping it in place well, with the straps providing extra security. While it looks a bit "baggy" it should work well at keeping leaves, sticks, bird dropping, and UV radiation off the finish of the trailer.
    gerry - Flintstone, GA - 2015 T@B S - 2012 Toyota Highlander

• Options
    mawebbmawebb Member Posts: 257
    The idea of using food wrap sounds like a great idea. It is quite soft and would static cling to the windows, creating a protective plastic film. That's another tip to add to the winterizing list.
    Martin - Trailer name: James T@Berius Kirk 
  • Options

Hi, Wildflowers -- Thanks for your review of the R-pod cover.  It's great to have another person's description and experience of a product.

IA Camper -- That's a good tip about the food wrap idea for the windows.  I haven't had any scratching issues with the PahaQue cover, but I'm thinking the food wrap might be a good thing to install, nonetheless.  I'm all for preventative protection!!!

:D
  • Options
    judymacjudymac Member Posts: 403
    jkjenn said:

I have the cover Cheryl posted - Amazon sells it, too. I bought mine on Woot for $50. I thought I would give it a try. Even if it only lasts 1 year, I will feel as though I got my money out of it. It is not terribly thick, so I will be interested to see how it holds up to the snow and ice.

This is probably a stupid question, but I am about toil ask it anyway. :) I sometimes enjopy going out to watch TV into he T@b or just to hang out for a change of pace. If I do this in the winter, it is safe to do with the heat on or is that hazard of some kind? I was thinking of just using the shore power - not the propane as I am pretty sure the propane would present a carbon monoxide risk.

I haven't been successful Jenn in finding a deal on the cover. Was this a special on Woot?
    Judy and Mike - Central KY 2014 T@B S M@X towed with Chevy Trailblazer   Nights in the T@B:  32

• Options
    Cheryl74074Cheryl74074 Member Posts: 71
    Cheryl, 2014 Jeep Grand Cherokee Diesel, 2015 T@b S Maxx (T@bitha)
  • Options
    judymacjudymac Member Posts: 403
    Thanks, Cheryl
    Judy and Mike - Central KY 2014 T@B S M@X towed with Chevy Trailblazer   Nights in the T@B:  32

• Options
    TerryV6TerryV6 Member Posts: 1,092
    So,  a lot of these posts are two years old.   How well does the rpod cover work on a T@b, and did it hold up?   I don't imagine it's on Woot  for $50, but it is on sale now for $159. Our camper will be outside 365 days a year,  and the Tab cover is a bit more... 
    Terry & Jody...  2016 Dodge Ram 1500
    2016 NuCamp 320 T@B Max S
    T@bbey  Road   
    Appleton,  WI

• Options
    USWildflowersUSWildflowers Member Posts: 177
    I just completed my second winter with the RPod cover. There are a couple of small holes that have worn in the cover, probably where it has rubbed while flapping in the breeze. I expect it to give me at least one more winter before I'll need to consider replacing it - and then it might just need a patch or two to last another year or so.
    gerry - Flintstone, GA - 2015 T@B S - 2012 Toyota Highlander

• Options
    Thanks Boo, we saw that they are selling the Tab covers for $50 off, so we went with that...
    T@bbey  Road   
    Appleton,  WI

• Options
    captainwingscaptainwings Member Posts: 30
    Terry, Thanks for the heads up. Ordered a new cover today through our dealer with an additional 15% off.  :-)
  • Options
    You are most welcome...   But but..  An extra 15% off? 
    T@bbey  Road   
    Appleton,  WI

• Options
    Hans111Hans111 Member Posts: 47
    I have to put in a PahaQue plug. I have several of their products and everything--right down to a basic tent footprint--is top quality. And I was pleasantly surprised how easily the cover slips on and how perfectly it fits. If it's within your budget, rest assured that you'll get your money's worth.
    Doug
    Des Moines Iowa
    2016 S Max Sofitel
  • Options
    IrishCamper74IrishCamper74 Member Posts: 237
    jkjenn said:

This is the one I bought. 

I can still crack the vent with no difficulty as I have vent cover and I would think here would be enough air from ground.

Jenn, how durable is this through winter, you're in PA, yeah?
    Since our future t@b will not fit in the garage by a few mere inches of clearance, we are thinking of putting down a gravel/paver stone or tile pad for it around the side of the house & covering it with some sort of cover; out of site & between the house and a small stretch of woods. Curious if this plan will hold through a CT winter that has a potential of 70 inches average total of snow & temps averaging right around freezing for most of the hard winter months.
    Light a campfire and everyone's a storyteller. ~John Geddes

2017 t@b CS, silver with green trim.
    TV: 2017 Honda Ridgeline.
  • Options
    IrishCamper74IrishCamper74 Member Posts: 237
    ST_Bob said:
    Or get a set of small wheels (no tires) and lower it just enough to roll into the garage for the winter...

....derp! never thought of doing that.

However, since hubby's truck will be new, guess who'll have to park her car in the driveway and will have to scrape off said car at 5:30am for work. Yeah, I know....but it's soooo nice to just pull out of the garage in the morning with a clean car. (I'm spoiled.)
    Light a campfire and everyone's a storyteller. ~John Geddes

2017 t@b CS, silver with green trim.
    TV: 2017 Honda Ridgeline.
  • Options
    tingle49tingle49 Member Posts: 13
    We got the cover not so much for snow , rain, and sun but for the trees.  We park it under a beech nut and larger oak trees. Spring and fall are the worst. I would like to stay on shore power with it covered to keep ready to go camping.  Is it safe for the refrigerator to be on?
    Sometimes I think well; sometimes I don 't think so well... 
  • Options
    T@BalongT@Balong Member Posts: 317
    I just took my T@B PahaQue cover off today after being on since last November.   Here in western lower Michigan in one of the lake effect snow belt areas, we get plenty of snow and the cover did a great job.  I'm very pleased with it.  I also put the battery back in after storing it in the house all winter.   Everything looks good and ready to go.
    2015 T@B 320 S, 2019 Jeep Cherokee
    States Visited Map