Options

Our Mods/Organization

SandiegogalSandiegogal Member Posts: 127
edited February 2017 in Modifications & Upgrades
First of all a huge shout out to all of your post, pictures, suggestions and ideas on how to take a T@B S  and modify it to fit your needs!  We learned a lot from you all and so you'll see a lot of the same 'ol here but all these will make the use of our T@B much more functional.  

One of the main concerns I had was...where will we fit our clothing! We really wanted to keep all our main clothing in the T@B and searched until we found these great fabric baskets at The Container Store!  They do the job nicely!  Because they're woven, they can stretch and scrunch to fit onto our back shelves and into the back 3 cabinets plus they hold a lot! We've yet to figure out what will go into the small cabinets under the shelf in the back :)

TY @happycamperwives for showing the placement of your dishes as that started the ball rolling for our kitchen organization.  You'll see we've put our dishes (Target), coffee cups & wine glass in the top 2 cabinets & b/c we didn't get the TV system, we're using the smaller cabinet to hold our spices.

The lower top cabinet holds 2 plastic drawers and IKEA silver containers for silver, utensils and napkins...yes, we use cloth napkins :)   My handy hubby @dsatwork  installed a wire shelf in the lower cabinet to hold our collapsible dish tub & drying mats above our cooking pots and coffee pot so all fits nicely in there now.  

We saw @RollingBnB 's facet at T@Bazona and loved how that worked;that was installed yesterday :)

Many of you have done the wire shelving mod under the seat to hold up your bedding.  @dsatwork found that we only needed it on the left (passenger) side of the rig as the extra blankets (in protective cases--I can't remember who told us about that!) held the bedding on the right side.

We did not have the A/C installed so again, handy hubby installed yet another shelf in there...yay! more storage! 

The placement of our towels inside the shower/toilet will not only give them a place to live they also act as a privacy barrier while in the privy :)

Last, but not least, is my hubby's "garage".  All his set up, must have and might need tools fit nicely in there.   We had the factory install the external door so he can access his garage easily.  

TY to @Dalehelman for the sideways sleeping mod idea; we've incorporated that too.  I'm sure I've missed someone, I'm sorry but i'm old and cannot remember everyone! :blush:

We're super happy with how everything turned out and are anxiously awaiting our first trip scheduled for the end of March.  

Living in our Airstream, traveling in our 2017 T@B Basic S 
Married to Dave-aka, ds@work

Comments