Options

Our Mods/Organization

2»

Comments

• Options
    SandiegogalSandiegogal Member Posts: 127
    Sandiegogal...
    The tumblers are plastic, too. 
    Too cute!  We had those glasses as well in our Tear Drop; went with glass this time and hoping that wasn't a mistake!  Love the red...and the cake plate!

Living in our Airstream, traveling in our 2017 T@B Basic S 
    Married to Dave-aka, ds@work
  • Options
    ericnlizericnliz Member Posts: 4,437
    Note: Cake missing...... :s
    2016 T@B MAX S-aka: WolfT@B
    TV: 2006 Chevy Avalanche LT Z71 aka: WhiteWolf, or 1972 Chevy Custom10 P/U aka: SnarlingWolf
    Spokane, Wa.
    Eric aka: Lone Wolf  

• Options
    Me_and_My_DogMe_and_My_Dog Member Posts: 184
    Thank you for sharing all this! Will refer to it often while outfitting my own T@B. I also use cloth napkins! I'm wondering about the dishes and stuff in the cabinets. Do your cabinets ever come open while you are driving?
    Katt and Miss Cannoli the Zen Dog
    2008 DM T@DA — Towed by 2014 Dodge Durango — Full time since 6/29/17
    "Travels With The Tiny"
  • Options
    thelawgoddessthelawgoddess Member Posts: 7
    Do you happen to know what those baskets are called? I tried to find them on The Container Store's website but didn't have much luck.
    2016 T@B M@x S Sofitel • Huntsville, AL

• Options
    dsatworkdsatwork Member Posts: 744
    dsatwork said:
    iz6 said:
    @Sandiegogal, do you have a link for the fabric baskets? I searched and browsed the Container Store website and could not find them.. Thanks!
    https://www.containerstore.com/s/storage/decorative/hughes-crochet-storage-bins/12d?productId=11002778

2017 Tab Basic S Silver on Silver with Sofitel Cushions....upgraded from 2013 LG 5W....Towed by a 2016 Sorento V6 AWD w/5000lb tow capacity. Dave S. married to Jen aka SanDiegoGal We pull a Tab but live in a 2014 Airstream International Signature 27 FBQ...Talk about embracing a trailer lifestyle.
  • Options
    HomebodyatheartHomebodyatheart Member Posts: 2,499
    Me_and_My_Dog, I wandered onto Pinterest this weekend and saw people using plastic or wire stand up magazine holders to store plates in sideways so they don't bump around. Something like these:
    http://www.staples.com/Pacon-Classroom-Keepers-Magazine-Holder-Assorted-Colors/product_876684
    2017 T@B 320 Max S silver and cherry red, L@dybug ("Bug" aka my esc@pe pod), TV 2015 Toyota Highlander aka Big Red
  • Options
    SeadusterSeaduster Member Posts: 147
    I use a drying dish rack for my dishes, bowls, mugs, glasses and silverware and a few other odds and ends.  Store it on top shelf under sink.
    2017 white/black trim T@B Outback; 2017 white Subaru Outback; Seattle
  • Options
    edited February 2017
    @Me_and_My_Dog...we've not yet taken our T@B out but I would imagine that the dishes are safe and sound up there b/c the cabinets are a bit hard to open.  @HappyCamperWives...have you had any trouble?  I got the idea from one of their videos.

@Homebodyatheart...I've seen those too but not in a T@B; it's a great idea!  We plan on using velcro on the bottom of our IKEA silver containers in our top big cabinet to hold those in place while we travel :)

@Oreo...Sounds like you have a great set up ;) 

@thelawgoddess...Here's the link in case you didn't see the one my hubby posted: https://www.containerstore.com/s/storage/decorative/hughes-crochet-storage-bins/12d?productId=11002778 

@ericnliz...agreed!  I like cake too :) 

• Options
    thelawgoddessthelawgoddess Member Posts: 7
    Thanks for posting the basket link. And I apologize for not seeing that someone else had already asked for it! They look so cute - now I have to decide how many to order. LOL.
    2016 T@B M@x S Sofitel • Huntsville, AL

• Options
    edited February 2017
    thelawgoddess - Oh...not a problem!  I just didn't want you to miss it...I have trouble in this forum finding stuff sometimes b/c our comments are not right on the original post!  We bought 6 larger sized baskets and 2 small ones...the small ones are perfect for our unmentionables :)  We'll each have 3 large ones to go in either the cabinets in the back or on the shelf...probably both :)  

• Options
    LauraReyLauraRey Member Posts: 338
    I was thinking of storing clothes there.  On cold days, they'd be warm. :)

Red and White, 2017 Max S being towed by a 2014 Honda Ridgeline.  Hello Mountains!
  • Options
    LauraRey said:
    I was thinking of storing clothes there.  On cold days, they'd be warm. :)

True!  That's a good idea!

• Options
    HappyCamperWivesHappyCamperWives Member Posts: 33
    @Me_and_My_Dog...we've not yet taken our T@B out but I would imagine that the dishes are safe and sound up there b/c the cabinets are a bit hard to open.  @HappyCamperWives...have you had any trouble?  I got the idea from one of their videos.

Hey! No trouble with our cabinets opening and all of our plastic dishes and even some glass lids have been safe! The only thing we've run into is that spices fall over in the cabinets and spill all the time and the cabinets do have holes in the back so it spills everywhere...still figuring that one out...one night we came into garlic salt everywhere...smelled like garlic for two days haha  :o
  • Options
    NomadNomad Member Posts: 7,209
    Run some duck tape (or similar) along the back edge of the cabinet base to seal that opening - My experience was celery salt everywhere :-)
  • Options
    HappyCamperWivesHappyCamperWives Member Posts: 33
    PXLated said:
    Run some duck tape (or similar) along the back edge of the cabinet base to seal that opening - My experience was celery salt everywhere :-)
    Oh good idea! We should probably invest in some twist lids too...
  • Options
    db_cooperdb_cooper Member Posts: 726
    I highly recommend having a roll of this tape around.  It would be perfect to solve the spice issue.  It's invisible once it's on, and has multiple uses.  I keep a roll around mainly for frame protection on our carbon bicycles, but it has lots of uses.  Also,  when you remove it, it doesn't leave a sticky residue around.   Supposedly it's used on the edges of helicopter rotors.

https://www.amazon.com/ISC-Racerstape-com-Paint-surface-guard/dp/B000TPC7HU/ref=sr_1_7?ie=UTF8&qid=1488035356&sr=8-7&keywords=helicopter+tape
    2015 Max S Outback | 2010 Xterra

• Options
    edited February 2017
    We were thinking of some sort of small bungee in the front of the cabinet so nothing falls out and stuffing a towel in that cabinet while we're traveling.  We've never had any of these jars open up before (they were all in our Tear Drop) but I would hate to experience this either!  Like the tape (both of them) idea.  I had hoped to store them in a small container but, with the slanted back, that idea went out the window :p

• Options

Hey! No trouble with our cabinets opening and all of our plastic dishes and even some glass lids have been safe! The only thing we've run into is that spices fall over in the cabinets and spill all the time and the cabinets do have holes in the back so it spills everywhere...still figuring that one out...one night we came into garlic salt everywhere...smelled like garlic for two days haha  :o
    Thanks for the insight on this, ladies...our stuff fits nicely in those top cabinets.  Our original thought was going to store them down below until I saw your video; we like this way better :)

• Options
    HomebodyatheartHomebodyatheart Member Posts: 2,499
    Sandiegogal, you could fashion a curved back "holder" out of a cereal box or something if you wanted to. I saw a mod of one cut to hold rolls of plastic wrap and foil to keep them from wandering during transit.
    2017 T@B 320 Max S silver and cherry red, L@dybug ("Bug" aka my esc@pe pod), TV 2015 Toyota Highlander aka Big Red
  • Options
    edited February 2017
    Sandiegogal, you could fashion a curved back "holder" out of a cereal box or something if you wanted to. I saw a mod of one cut to hold rolls of plastic wrap and foil to keep them from wandering during transit.
    I'll have to check that out...thanks ;)  If you see the pic of our gutted A/C cabinet, you'll see the white skinny "holder" I used in our TD.  Wish I could find those!  I'm basically lazy :p