Options

hot water

2»

Comments

• Options
    wizard1880wizard1880 Member Posts: 442
    If you can reach your water pump, it has a removable plastic top cover which houses the filter screen.  You can try loosening this cover with the city water connected until water leaks out, to prime the pump.

It also makes a difference with those of us with older models have the water tank inside, and the newer ones underneath.  It takes a lot more time to prime since it has a lot more vertical distance to pump up perhaps?
    T@@bulous
    2014 T@B CS Maxx
    TV: 2015 Audi Q7 3.0 V6 TDI (diesel)
    Martha Lake, WA
  • Options
    dsatworkdsatwork Member Posts: 744
    After trying the start and stop method for quite some time to no avail. I pulled the cold water hose off the sink supply and attached my 12" lead so pull water through the line. It was primed, just not delivering constant flow. After pulling water through the line, the pump acted more normal taking probably 30 seconds or longer to pressurize the line and provided better flow. However, it would eventually slow down to a trickle. So, I think I made progress and will work with it some more this weekend. I ran out of time last night because my 20 month old grand daughter showed up and needed some grandpa time. Next, I plan to take a look at the filter to see if there is anything blocking the flow since that seems have been an issue for other new T@b owners. I'm sure some water will plash behind the wall and I'm wondering if that water just drains out or do you need to take precautions  to avoid getting water back there? Obviously you don't want to drop any parts down there or you may never see them again.
    2017 Tab Basic S Silver on Silver with Sofitel Cushions....upgraded from 2013 LG 5W....Towed by a 2016 Sorento V6 AWD w/5000lb tow capacity. Dave S. married to Jen aka SanDiegoGal We pull a Tab but live in a 2014 Airstream International Signature 27 FBQ...Talk about embracing a trailer lifestyle.
  • Options
    RatkityRatkity Member Posts: 3,770

SAM said:

Ratkitty, I have the Camco Water Tank Filler that I was going to use to fill the tank from a water jug.  So this will also be useful when using a hose.  I love dual purpose items!  

Bonus is that you can get another one as a backup because they aren't expensive.
    2017 820R Retro Toy Hauler from 2015 Tabitha T@B from 2009 Reverse LG Teardrop (but a T@Bluver at heart)
  • Options
     I've been at this all day and finally have it primed. But it just doesn't seem like it's pulling enough water with just the pump. I pulled the inlet off the pump and put it in a pan of water and it pulls great....
    connect it back up to the storage tank and it just doesn't have much draw.... I don't see any way to troubleshoot a crimp  in the lines in the 2017....because everything's inside that compartment and there aren't any access panels.  is there anything else I can do to troubleshoot this or should I just call up Ed on Monday and ask for another pump?
    2017 Tab Basic S Silver on Silver with Sofitel Cushions....upgraded from 2013 LG 5W....Towed by a 2016 Sorento V6 AWD w/5000lb tow capacity. Dave S. married to Jen aka SanDiegoGal We pull a Tab but live in a 2014 Airstream International Signature 27 FBQ...Talk about embracing a trailer lifestyle.
  • Options
    VernaVerna Member Posts: 6,878
    Call Ed and talk to him. Sometimes he comes up with a totally different solution that works. 
    Verna, Columbus, IN
    2021 T@B 320S  Boondock “The T@B”
    Towed by a white 2019 Ford F-150 4x4 Supercab, 3.5L V6 Ecoboost “The Truck”
  • Options
    Thanks Verna