Options

How many degrees is the arc in the roof for flexible solar

This is the only post I could find that discussed the arc in the roof.

capewoods said:
Great!  Having just permanently mounted two Renogy 100W flexible solar panels to my T@B clamshell, I come across this post.  I love it so far, but I guess I'm going to have to just wait and see what happens.  The bend is less than the 30 degrees they said they could accommodate.  I also used a permanent tape that I know is going to take the roof with it if I ever did try and get them off.  

2017 Tab Basic S Silver on Silver with Sofitel Cushions....upgraded from 2013 LG 5W....Towed by a 2016 Sorento V6 AWD w/5000lb tow capacity. Dave S. married to Jen aka SanDiegoGal We pull a Tab but live in a 2014 Airstream International Signature 27 FBQ...Talk about embracing a trailer lifestyle.

Comments

• Options
    ScottGScottG Administrator Posts: 5,451
    For both the front and rear curves, the width of the arc is just about 5x the height of the arc. That makes the angle defined by the arc ~87 degrees in both cases.

However, I'm not sure that's the information you are looking for. The "sharpness" of a curve depends on its radius rather than its angle; and to get that you'd need to take your tape measure out to the T@B.

I don't know what the "30 degrees" is referring to. Though not certain, I highly doubt you can bend any panel into that severe an angle!
    2015 T@B S

• Options
    jcfaber1jcfaber1 Member Posts: 318
    Is Renogy back in the flexible panel business?  They took them down over a year or so ago.  I have not had any problems but am curious.
    John

2007 T@B

Rockford, IL

• Options
    jkjennjkjenn Member Posts: 6,391
    jcfaber1 said:
    Is Renogy back in the flexible panel business?  They took them down over a year or so ago.  I have not had any problems but am curious.
    John

No - but there are plenty of others that are in, now, including Zamp. They are well under $200 for a 100w panel, now. 

2021 T@b 320 Boondock "Mattie Ross" | 2021 T@b Nights: 239 | Total nights in a T@b 455 | 2022 Jeep Grand Cherokee L Overland | T@b owner since 2014