Delamination Fix - Another Phenomenal Experience in Sugar Creek

jkjennjkjenn Member Posts: 6,389
As you may remember, I had delamination (when the adhesive fails and the skin separates from the sidewall) appear. My T@b is no longer under warranty, but NuCamp agreed to fix it at their cost. I dropped it off and they discovered delam starting on the driver side, as well at no additional charge. They replaced both skins, which seems like the best way to fix the issue. I had been concerned that a leak somewhere was cauding it, but Austin said he found no signs of water damage it appeared to him that it was a defect by the company that produces the alumfiber product. 

Let me pause and explain for those who are newer to T@bs that delamination is not a widespread issue with the Pleasant Valley/NuCamp T@b. As a matter of fact, I have not heard of another instance of it in the Yahoo group, either Facebook group that I participate in, or the forum. There is no need for concern - this was just one of those crazy 1 in 100,000 type of issues and even though it was not NuCamp's fault and I was past warranty, they took ownership of the issue and treated me more than fairly. 

The skin looks great - I didn't take photos because when I stopped, the sides were dirty from driving through the snow and the sky was sort of dark, but I looked it over in the laight of their workshop and it looked great.

They also replaced, without my request or without charging, the doorstop with the new style and repaired my fridge (I will cover in another thread) at no additional charge. 

This type of experience is why NuCamp has such a loyal owners base and why their business is booming. I had one of the "worst case" type of issues and they responded in such a way that put to rest my concerns, did not break the bank, and retained my full confidence in them. I wish more businesses understood that it is easier for consumers to continue to buy and support the same product and we usually prefer it if we are treated right. NuCamp gets it. They treat their customers like they would like to be treated.

2021 T@b 320 Boondock "Mattie Ross" | 2021 T@b Nights: 239 | Total nights in a T@b 455 | 2022 Jeep Grand Cherokee L Overland | T@b owner since 2014

Comments

• fiddlefootfiddlefoot Member Posts: 62
    We had delamination, a bubble.  NuCamp  fixed it and we are very pleased with their everything.
    Denise, Rea and Ruby
    2016 CS S, 2008 Toyota Tacoma
    Somerset, VA

• NomadNomad Member Posts: 7,209
    When you say they "replaced both skins" - What exactly did that involve if you know.
  • jkjennjkjenn Member Posts: 6,389
    PXLated said:
    When you say they "replaced both skins" - What exactly did that involve if you know.

The "skin" is that grey piece that is applied to a super thin piece of wood. That's what they replaced. I saw the old ones in the shop.

2021 T@b 320 Boondock "Mattie Ross" | 2021 T@b Nights: 239 | Total nights in a T@b 455 | 2022 Jeep Grand Cherokee L Overland | T@b owner since 2014

• NomadNomad Member Posts: 7,209
    On the whole side or were they able to splice in?
    PXLated said:
    On the whole side or were they able to splice in?

The replaced the whole side skin...on both sides.

boo said:
    jkjenn, I have been following your post on this subject and the eventual outcome.
    Tickled pink to hear you got it fixed.
    Did you have to take it to the factory or did one of the dealers fix it for you?. How long did it take to fix the panels, start to finish.
    Again, very happy for you. boo
    Thanks, Boo. I only live a couple hours from the factory so I drove out there. I am not really sure how long it took because I told them I was in no rush and they were also looking at my fridge and repacking the bearings for me. My guess is that if I had been on a deadline it would have taken a few days, at most.

• ericnlizericnliz Member Posts: 4,437
    jkjenn, Happy ending to a very curious puzzle. Thanks for sharing your experience. I agree with you about the customer service, and sincere care that NuCamp shows to all their customers. The very fact they not only stepped up to take care of the problem, but also took care of the other issues for you says volumes about the integrity of the company as a whole. Makes me  :) to see a good outcome for you!
    2016 T@B MAX S-aka: WolfT@B
    TV: 2006 Chevy Avalanche LT Z71 aka: WhiteWolf, or 1972 Chevy Custom10 P/U aka: SnarlingWolf
    Spokane, Wa.
    Eric aka: Lone Wolf  

• KBaggins1KBaggins1 Member Posts: 135
    When we installed the outside receptacle, I saved the little chunk of side wall that I cut out. The outer skin of our trailer is made out of white fibreglass in what appears to be a chopper gun style construction with very fine fibreglass strands that are hardly noticeable .What a job that must have been to replace and I am very impressed with the service you received. Pics below 
    2014 T@B M@XS;  2017 Ford Transit Low Roof, Reg. Wheel Base
  • RatkityRatkity Member Posts: 3,770
    @jkjenn, did you visit the Amish buffet place? OMG, the homemade strawberry preserves were out of this world. I never got to try the pies. Eyes bigger than my stomach syndrome.
    2017 820R Retro Toy Hauler from 2015 Tabitha T@B from 2009 Reverse LG Teardrop (but a T@Bluver at heart)
    Ratkity said:
    @jkjenn, did you visit the Amish buffet place? OMG, the homemade strawberry preserves were out of this world. I never got to try the pies. Eyes bigger than my stomach syndrome.

Not on this trip but I have, before. I wanted to get home before it changed over to ice.