Options

Holding up the diamond plate LP cover lid

jkjennjkjenn Member Posts: 6,391
So, I did discover that the diamond plate lid dies not stay up on its iwn. Are other folks installing a strut doing something else to keep it open?

2021 T@b 320 Boondock "Mattie Ross" | 2021 T@b Nights: 239 | Total nights in a T@b 455 | 2022 Jeep Grand Cherokee L Overland | T@b owner since 2014

Comments

• Options
    Tabaz Tabaz Member Posts: 2,356
    edited March 2017
    Here ya go.  Fast, cheap and easy.
    2016 Outback 320 with a 2010 Ford Expedition.
  • Options
    edited March 2017
    Thanks, I knew i had seen the discussion before but couldn't  but I couldn't find it!

2021 T@b 320 Boondock "Mattie Ross" | 2021 T@b Nights: 239 | Total nights in a T@b 455 | 2022 Jeep Grand Cherokee L Overland | T@b owner since 2014

• Options
    VernaVerna Member Posts: 6,878
    @OutbackAZ has the easiest method. @Dalehelman is the one who showed me the ball bungee method. I just wrap the ball bungee around the hand holes of the propane tank and it's always there. If you didn't get the black trim to go around the sharp edges of the lid and sides, order it from Elsie and it just takes patience and a warm day to put it on. 
    Verna, Columbus, IN
    2021 T@B 320S  Boondock “The T@B”
    Towed by a white 2019 Ford F-150 4x4 Supercab, 3.5L V6 Ecoboost “The Truck”
  • Options
    Verna said:
    @OutbackAZ has the easiest method. @Dalehelman is the one who showed me the ball bungee method. I just wrap the ball bungee around the hand holes of the propane tank and it's always there. If you didn't get the black trim to go around the sharp edges of the lid and sides, order it from Elsie and it just takes patience and a warm day to put it on. 
    Thanks, I did get the trim and I think the trim looks very nice and is practical.

• Options
    RatkityRatkity Member Posts: 3,770
    OutbackAZ said:
    Here ya go.  Fast, cheap and easy.
    That goes in PXL's "101 uses for bungie ball cords" booklet.
    2017 820R Retro Toy Hauler from 2015 Tabitha T@B from 2009 Reverse LG Teardrop (but a T@Bluver at heart)
  • Options
    NomadNomad Member Posts: 7,209
    Have I ever told anyone - I love bungie balls...Oh, and lego block levelers :-)
  • Options
    Speaking of legos, I need to buy more since I have a double axle now. My RV parts store owner loves me and my continual mods and needs. I need to see if I can get something more hefty than a plastic chock for inside to put under the back wheel of the motorcycle. It's a 200mm tire, so a normal sized chock would work great. It's on my list to do today.
    2017 820R Retro Toy Hauler from 2015 Tabitha T@B from 2009 Reverse LG Teardrop (but a T@Bluver at heart)
  • Options
    ericnlizericnliz Member Posts: 4,437
    Ratkity, I saw Harbor Freight had the solid rubber ones (wheel chocks) on sale. $5.99 I think. Ditto on the bungie balls! Liz works at Home depot, so she keeps her eye out for the container of bungie balls. I've even modified 'em from old bungies that the ends fray, fall off, and give up. Keep the good part, slide the two ends through the ball, and tie a knot. Holy moly, an extra long bungie ball cord!  ;)
    2016 T@B MAX S-aka: WolfT@B
    TV: 2006 Chevy Avalanche LT Z71 aka: WhiteWolf, or 1972 Chevy Custom10 P/U aka: SnarlingWolf
    Spokane, Wa.
    Eric aka: Lone Wolf  

• Options
    Very cool, @ericnliz! PXL, you now have a way to make long bungie ball cords! Ah, the possibilities....
  • Options
    Ratkity, Now he'll head for Home Depot and buy a spool of bungie cord to see how long he can make one! Careful PXL, don't bungie yourself to your T@B! =)
    TV: 2006 Chevy Avalanche LT Z71 aka: WhiteWolf, or 1972 Chevy Custom10 P/U aka: SnarlingWolf
    Spokane, Wa.

• Options
    NomadNomad Member Posts: 7,209
    Nope - Quartzsite fleamarkets have dirt cheap bundles of bungie balls in a bunch of sizes/colors - stock up when I pass thru each year :-)
  • Options
    Atta boy. Helps keep the legos together too I'll bet! ;)
    Spokane, Wa.

• Options
    ToysrUs? =)
    Spokane, Wa.

• Options
    FantabulousFantabulous Member Posts: 4
    Simple and yet genius! 
  • Options
    Speaking of legos, I went by my fav RV parts place and the owner said "whatcha looking for today?" and I replied, "I need another box of legos" - not thinking he had no clue what I was talking about. I gotta give him credit, when I said Lynx, he kept a near straight face as well and nodded his head in understanding. Come to think of it, he rarely cracks a smile. I think that's the best I'll get out of him. Knowledgable guy. I'm lucky to have his place so close.