Options

Outdoor shower??wa

We are about to purchase aT@b s max with a wet bath.  We are debating the outdoor shower option. Is there hot water in the outdoor shower? The dealer has one on the lot exactly like we want except for the outdoor shower option. Is it worth ordering and waiting? Does anyone find the outdoor shower very useful or is something we wouldn't use much. 

Comments

• Options
    HomebodyatheartHomebodyatheart Member Posts: 2,499
    We added one to our new MaxS because we figured there are times one needs to rinse off dirt or sand or whatever, and maybe a dog or two. It is located on the drivers side down lower, has both hot and cold knobs and a long hose and spray head. Haven't tried it yet, but I'm sure we will at some point.

Another thought if you just want cold tap water for whatever is you can buy a brass fitting that goes between the hose end and the trailer that also has a 'garden faucet' head on it. https://www.amazon.com/Camco-22475-Water-Diverter-Lead/dp/B003BZD01W/ref=sr_1_10?s=lawn-garden&ie=UTF8&qid=1489861157&sr=1-10&keywords=camco+rv+products

We have friends who added one to their Airstream but put it on the passenger side closer to the door so they could rinse off their dog. While it has  done a great job rinsing the pup, it leaves either mud or a puddle by the doorway that they all then track into the trailer. I never considered that, and unfortunately neither did they. 

Have fun planning for your new T@B!
    2017 T@B 320 Max S silver and cherry red, L@dybug ("Bug" aka my esc@pe pod), TV 2015 Toyota Highlander aka Big Red
  • Options
    linolino Member Posts: 226
    Ours came with the shower and has hot and cold water. Probably would not have have ordered it but will let likely use it a lot since we have it have no bath inside.
  • Options
    sugarloafersugarloafer Member Posts: 10
    We have one in ours, '17 smax. Maybe its just me but I think its worthless because it doesnt really pressurize at all. Water just drips out of it. Pressure's fine in the sink and toilet though. I wonder if anyone else has this issue?

• Options
    Sharon_is_SAMSharon_is_SAM Administrator Posts: 9,521
    Seems to be a common issue.  That is why we excluded it in our order.
    Sharon / 2017 T@B CSS / 2015 Toyota Sienna Minivan / Westlake, Ohio
  • Options
    Smullis7Smullis7 Member Posts: 221
    I use mine to wash the dogs after a hike.  I've used it a number of times since buying in July 16.
    Sheila and the Mullis Pups (Winston, Morgan, Leroy & Dakota)
    M@bel M@y, my 2017 T@B Outback Max S (silver w/black trim), towed by Maude Myrtle, my 2016 Jeep Rubicon Hardrock.

• Options
    Me_and_My_DogMe_and_My_Dog Member Posts: 184
    With my long haired dog, I would want that feature.

Katt and Miss Cannoli the Zen Dog
    2008 DM T@DA — Towed by 2014 Dodge Durango — Full time since 6/29/17
    "Travels With The Tiny"
  • Options
    ericnlizericnliz Member Posts: 4,437
    Sounds like if I don't get a haircut pretty soon, my wife might hire one of 'ya out for a spray down before entering our T@B. :o Either that, or I'll have to avoid all you folks with outdoor showers!  =)
    2016 T@B MAX S-aka: WolfT@B
    TV: 2006 Chevy Avalanche LT Z71 aka: WhiteWolf, or 1972 Chevy Custom10 P/U aka: SnarlingWolf
    Spokane, Wa.
    Eric aka: Lone Wolf  

• Options
    jkjennjkjenn Member Posts: 6,391
    They now have these battery powered units that have a container for the water built in that get pretty good reciews, too. @Verna d's famous spray bottle worked for Rocky.

2021 T@b 320 Boondock "Mattie Ross" | 2021 T@b Nights: 239 | Total nights in a T@b 455 | 2022 Jeep Grand Cherokee L Overland | T@b owner since 2014

• Options
    Oh, great jkjenn, gonna HAVE to make an appointment with the barber now! Totally forgot about spray bottles AND squirt guns! :s
    TV: 2006 Chevy Avalanche LT Z71 aka: WhiteWolf, or 1972 Chevy Custom10 P/U aka: SnarlingWolf
    Spokane, Wa.

• Options
    HomebodyatheartHomebodyatheart Member Posts: 2,499
    Hey everyone! Regarding Eric's previous post...I'm open to bribes! Double points if I need it for the Dr@gonfly :-)
    2017 T@B 320 Max S silver and cherry red, L@dybug ("Bug" aka my esc@pe pod), TV 2015 Toyota Highlander aka Big Red
  • Options
    VernaVerna Member Posts: 6,878
    Oh, my spray bottle as a squirt gun?!!  Thanks, @ericnliz for the idea!  It will be so very nice to meet you....haaahaaaaahaaa ;)
    Verna, Columbus, IN
    2021 T@B 320S  Boondock “The T@B”
    Towed by a white 2019 Ford F-150 4x4 Supercab, 3.5L V6 Ecoboost “The Truck”
  • Options
    R&BR&B Member Posts: 16
    We have one in ours, '17 smax. Maybe its just me but I think its worthless because it doesnt really pressurize at all. Water just drips out of it. Pressure's fine in the sink and toilet though. I wonder if anyone else has this issue?

I found sealant in our lines. Cleared it and pressure is fine. 
  • Options
    texasaubiefantexasaubiefan Member Posts: 62
    We have one on ours.   I got it specifically to rinse the dogs after a day at the beach.   I considered other cheaper alternatives, but went with it for convenience.  Spouse wasn't interested in roughing it.  
    2017 T@B 320-S, Sofitel (M@bel)
    Mabel is my great grandmother that I never knew.  She took her 3 sons (ages 8-2) on an epic adventure from Alabama to Florida in the 1930's in the back of a pick up truck.  I named my female English springer spaniel after my mother.  Might as well go for broke with the brownie points in Heaven!   
    TV: 2018 Ford F-150 Lariat Supercrew 
    David & Jill, Houston, TX
  • Options
    CyclonicCyclonic Member Posts: 1,232
    It came standard on our 2012 Q (no indoor shower).  We always use a shower house, have no animals traveling with us, so I think it has been used once in the four years we have had it.

It really depends on how you are going to use it, but I would not order one with it, just another thing to do when I winterize :tongue:

States the T@Bpole has camped, so far ;)
    Nathan & Becky... 2013 Ford F150 FX4 TAB HLR... 2012 LG T@B T@Bpole.
    Sterling, VA
  • Options
    JohnDanielsCPAJohnDanielsCPA Member Posts: 238
    Design-wise, there should not be any pressure problems, so as R&B indicated, above, there may be a blockage somewhere.

I didn't order one for mine because it's one more thing to remember when winterizing (I have forgotten this on another trailer I had and busted some pipes over the winter), creates yet another potential water intrusion point and, for me, doesn't add much value.  I had one in a truck camper I never used and have one in my fifth wheel that I have never used.
    2022 T@B 400 BD
    2019 Ford F-150 3.5L Ecoboost with Long Bed
  • Options
    TabberJohnTabberJohn Member Posts: 588
    edited March 2017

I think it would be useful for those who enjoy lots of beach camping or riding their bikes in the mud. :)

2015 T@B Max S (White/Silver) -> 2014 Ford Escape 2.0L (turbo, AWD, factory tow)
  • Options
    RatkityRatkity Member Posts: 3,770

I think it would be useful for those who enjoy lots of beach camping or riding their bikes in the mud. :)

I swear! I've been doing my best to keep the Harley out of the mud! Letmetellya... getting one of them out of a hole or mud is like moving a boulder... yet, I still have muddy tires.. oops. 
    2017 820R Retro Toy Hauler from 2015 Tabitha T@B from 2009 Reverse LG Teardrop (but a T@Bluver at heart)
  • Options
    DalehelmanDalehelman Member Posts: 2,410
    We don't have the outside shower and I would probably not order one. I did install an extra long nice very flexible steel hose to our shower with a positive shut off shower head. I adjust the temp then I can put it through the driver side window. Works well when needed.
    1. Hash  T@B Fun
  • Options
    edited March 2017
    Dalehelman, I was there for part of this install, pretty sweet set-up. Again, The T@B GURU has spoken. Folks out there, just get yourself a lawn chair, and a cup of coffee, think of all the possibilities! =)
    Side note: I'm giving you a wide berth when I go campin' with 'ya. That sucker can reach clear out the side door too! :o
    Spokane, Wa.

• Options
    BhrigidBhrigid Member Posts: 1
    We have the Shoilet and ordered the outdoor shower for our 2017 T@B S-Maxx because we have a dog and go to the beach a lot. The pressure is so low, it's useless. Will be checking the lines for blockage as that seems to be an issue! Thanks for the tip :)
  • Options
    TabsterTabster Member Posts: 118
    I have a CS without the indoor shower. Use the outside shower all the time and love it. I have a pop up shower room.sdhower, wrap in a towel and get into the t@b to dress or go to bed. No water pressure issues. 
    2015 CS. Ford f150 v8. Southern california
  • Options
    marilyncpmarilyncp Member Posts: 117
    If you are ordering a new 2018, I believe they now come with the outside shower, but please check.  I ordered one for my 2017 T@B Max S and although I haven't used it, I'm going to next time to wash my pup.  We are going out for about 3-weeks and knowing what I know now about how dirty he can get in a campground, he will need it at least once-a-week.  I also plan on bring this cool rubber doormat I purchased at World Market last year to put him on (like @ericnliz says, think of all the possiblities) that will drain away the water and not cause his paws to go muddy. 
    M@rilyn
    Previous 2017 T@B S owner... c'est l@ vie
    But still passionate about the brand!