Check your TV mount

jkjennjkjenn Member Posts: 6,389
One of the "to do's" for me when I got my T@b back was to check the TV mount. Well, I was a day late and a dollar short. The mount and came loose enough for the TV to crash and now the TV has crashed.

I would like to replace it. I emailed the person who listed one for sale on here and hopefully I will hear back. If not, I will be research replacement options. 

2021 T@b 320 Boondock "Mattie Ross" | 2021 T@b Nights: 239 | Total nights in a T@b 455 | 2022 Jeep Grand Cherokee L Overland | T@b owner since 2014

Comments

• VernaVerna Member Posts: 6,878
    @jkjenn, my TV's coaxial connection broke off of the circuit board while I was in AZ. I went to Amazon and purchased a 19" with a DVD player. It is so much easier to watch DVD's now!  I checked the measurements of installing a 22" and it wouldn't fit without moving the wall mount and then the wiring may not reach. As small as the T@B is, a 19" is large enough. 

I sent you the the link to the TV I purchased. 
    Verna, Columbus, IN
    2021 T@B 320S  Boondock “The T@B”
    Towed by a white 2019 Ford F-150 4x4 Supercab, 3.5L V6 Ecoboost “The Truck”
  • jkjennjkjenn Member Posts: 6,389
    Awesome, thanks, Verna!

2021 T@b 320 Boondock "Mattie Ross" | 2021 T@b Nights: 239 | Total nights in a T@b 455 | 2022 Jeep Grand Cherokee L Overland | T@b owner since 2014

• db_cooperdb_cooper Member Posts: 726
    Everything looks nice and tight on our TV mount.  jkjenn, did yours fail at the wall screws or did the big knob on the TV side back out? 
    2015 Max S Outback | 2010 Xterra

• jkjennjkjenn Member Posts: 6,389
    edited March 2017
    db_cooper said:
    Everything looks nice and tight on our TV mount.  jkjenn, did yours fail at the wall screws or did the big knob on the TV side back out? 
    Actually the big joint where the arm connects to the the wall plate. 

I have been down a lot of bumpy roads over the last 3 years...

• DennisHemingwayDennisHemingway Member Posts: 37
    On our 2013 T@B S, The box that the TV mount, mounted to came off the wall during our trip to Oregon, it was just glued around the edge to the wall. Anyone have that problem & how did you fix it so it would stay? Thanks.

2015 Jeep Cherokee tow Vehicle. 

Barstow, CA

• VernaVerna Member Posts: 6,878
    @DennisHemingway, if your TV is mounted on the driver’s side, remove the four screws holding the TV to the TV mounted get it out of your way, if you haven’t already done that. Now look and carefully feel inside the wall. There should be two studs, one on either side of the box. It seems like you could screw the box to those studs, even if you had to use appropriately sized scraps of wood to to screw to the studs for a tighter fit. Since my box is plastic, if it were me, I would cut pieces of wood to fit inside the box to screw to the studs, so that you are not relying on just the plastic box sides to hold the weight.

If your TV is on the passenger side wall, I would need to see pictures before I could give you advice. 
    Verna, Columbus, IN
    2021 T@B 320S  Boondock “The T@B”
    Towed by a white 2019 Ford F-150 4x4 Supercab, 3.5L V6 Ecoboost “The Truck”
  • DennisHemingwayDennisHemingway Member Posts: 37
    It's on the passenger side. Right now we have just removed the TV for our next trip & We will make a solid mounting block and will try some commercial adhesive, on the both surfaces, if adhesive on 2 ends held for 5 years hopefully that will last at least that long. By then we'll might start slowing down at 75.

2015 Jeep Cherokee tow Vehicle. 

Barstow, CA

• LisamorrisetteLisamorrisette Member Posts: 44
    Hello, I’m jumping in this conversation not because I have anything to add but because my tv also jumped off the wall while in a dirt road in Chaco Canyon. It is also mounted on the passenger side.
    mount is there, tv still works-at least sound no signal? I put the mount back together and rehung but it’s lower and the straps don’t reach. Can’t figure out a different way to put it together??
    not sure why I get sound but no picture. One issue at a time.
    top picture posted sideways?
    Furbug 2014 T@B S - TV Toyota RAV
  • WayneWWayneW Member Posts: 187
    @Lisamorrisette. Chaco Canyon!  We’re headed there next week from northern Idaho. Hoping for some heat and sunshine. Is the road in still terrible?  It must be if it rattled your tv off the wall!  We’ll be there 4 days then headed to Hovenweep. 

I’m not familiar w the mount (I took ours out), but is it possible the mount twisted a half turn near the tv, where the black knob is?  If the black knob was on top then you rotated the mount so the tv wasn’t upside down??? Just guessing now. 
    2021 320S BD
    2006 F-150
    Coeur d'Alene, Idaho
  • LisamorrisetteLisamorrisette Member Posts: 44
    Wayne, you will love Chaco Canyon. The road is flat and easy but the washboards are awful. Lost the tv which I don’t use and screws came out of cabinet doors, extra propane tank moved off the platform(didn’t drop as I saw it in my mirrors) my tool box bounced off. On top of all that I found a starving reservation dog on my way out and added her to my pack. May need a bigger T@B🤪
    Furbug 2014 T@B S - TV Toyota RAV
  • johnfconwayjohnfconway Member Posts: 291
    Wayne, you will love Chaco Canyon. The road is flat and easy but the washboards are awful. Lost the tv which I don’t use and screws came out of cabinet doors, extra propane tank moved off the platform(didn’t drop as I saw it in my mirrors) my tool box bounced off. On top of all that I found a starving reservation dog on my way out and added her to my pack. May need a bigger T@B🤪
    It's too bad the road commission does not post the road grading schedule. On rare occasions you hear of very lucky campers towing trailer on (temporarily) smooth roads on the long dirt road into Chaco. We've never used TV and likely never will. Guess we will remove it before heading to Chaco this Fall. Thanks for posting!

2020 T@B 400 BDL towed with 2019 Nissan Frontier Pro-4X  Silver City, NM