Options

Those suckers are hard to get off!

The black and gray waste caps are really hard to turn to get off on my 2016 MAX S. Anyone else have this issue? If so, do you have a solution/fix for this. Don't want them real easy to get off, but would like for Liz to be able to get them off when I'm not around to do it. Also, as hard as they turn, I don't want to end up breaking off any tabs or pins that secure them. Thanks for any input.
2016 T@B MAX S-aka: WolfT@B
TV: 2006 Chevy Avalanche LT Z71 aka: WhiteWolf, or 1972 Chevy Custom10 P/U aka: SnarlingWolf
Spokane, Wa.
Eric aka: Lone Wolf  

Comments

• Options
    VernaVerna Member Posts: 6,878
    Sewer hose wrench:

Description

Disconnect sewer fittings with ease with the RhinoFLEX Sewer Fitting Wrench. Compatible with any Rhino, Revolution or Easy Slip bayonet or lug fitting, simply attach the wrench to the fitting and turn to loosen or connect. Great for tightening and loosening hard-to-turn fittings and disconnecting from sewer outlets and dump stations with minimal contact. RhinoFLEX Sewer Fitting Wrench is a reinforced lightweight durable design built to last.

Verna, Columbus, IN
    2021 T@B 320S  Boondock “The T@B”
    Towed by a white 2019 Ford F-150 4x4 Supercab, 3.5L V6 Ecoboost “The Truck”
  • Options
    ericnlizericnliz Member Posts: 4,437
    The magic wand strikes again! Thanks Verna. ;) Just added to my list on Amazon.
    TV: 2006 Chevy Avalanche LT Z71 aka: WhiteWolf, or 1972 Chevy Custom10 P/U aka: SnarlingWolf
    Spokane, Wa.

• Options
    Sharon_is_SAMSharon_is_SAM Administrator Posts: 9,500
    What about spraying some silicone before you put it back on?
    Sharon / 2017 T@B CSS / 2015 Toyota Sienna Minivan / Westlake, Ohio
  • Options
    SAM, thanks. Was thinkin' either that, or some light weight grease ( usually use dielectric for stuff like that), but really don't want dirt & dust stickin' to it either. Might try some on the gasket portion though.
    Spokane, Wa.

• Options
    I thought of grease or Vaseline, but I figured it would attract dirt and would make it more slippery for my hands. If you watch the video on Amazon, it shows you can use one or both of the wrench halves to loosen. 

Dale actually helped me with my stubborn black water connection when he converted mine to a single outlet. The new outlet is easier to reach and I can get more strength to the fitting.  

Thanks again, @Dalehelman!
    Verna, Columbus, IN
  • Options
    Dale, Once I get my trailer out, and get everything checked out from being under a ton of snow & ice, I might just have to bring over my trailer, lawn chair & coffee cup for the single waste mod.  :)
    Spokane, Wa.

• Options
    DalehelmanDalehelman Member Posts: 2,410
    I've done several over the last few months while we were down south. Takes about 30 minutes.
    1. Hash  T@B Fun
  • Options
    Dale, or better yet, invite you & Sandi over for another BBQ, and just pull the trailer out in to the driveway! ;) Come on sunshine. Kinda gettin' tired of the fire hose aimed right at us lately! :s
    Spokane, Wa.

• Options
    jkjennjkjenn Member Posts: 6,391
    I've done several over the last few months while we were down south. Takes about 30 minutes.
    Next time, have the person you are helping make a video!

ericnliz said:
    Dale, Once I get my trailer out, and get everything checked out from being under a ton of snow & ice, I might just have to bring over my trailer, lawn chair & coffee cup for the single waste mod.  :)

I have been wondering if I can work Dale's house into my route west, this year. :)

2021 T@b 320 Boondock "Mattie Ross" | 2021 T@b Nights: 239 | Total nights in a T@b 455 | 2022 Jeep Grand Cherokee L Overland | T@b owner since 2014

• Options
    j_ntabownersj_ntabowners Member Posts: 133

I'm a rookie, so forgive me it this suggestion seems a bit simple, but what about using a bit of car or paraffin wax? Would you have the same issues as silicon spray and/or would it become useless in warmer weather?

Jim & Nadine 2015 T@b Max S pulled by 2016 KIA Sorento - East Wenatchee, Wa

States Visited Map

• Options
    DalehelmanDalehelman Member Posts: 2,410
    jkjenn said:
    Next time, have the person you are helping make a video!

ericnliz said:

I have been wondering if I can work Dale's house into my route west, this year. :)
    T@Bs are always welcome to stop by. Sorry HOA does not allow overnight. There are Walmart's nearby.
    1. Hash  T@B Fun
  • Options
    RatkityRatkity Member Posts: 3,770
    Soap works too inside the cap sides. I have some spray lithium grease, but I think I'd go with soap. Cheap and easy to apply.
    2017 820R Retro Toy Hauler from 2015 Tabitha T@B from 2009 Reverse LG Teardrop (but a T@Bluver at heart)
  • Options
    HomebodyatheartHomebodyatheart Member Posts: 2,496
    Ericnliz, if Dalehelman agrees to helping with mine, too (Dale?) do you have room in your driveway for one more T@B? Mod party at your house? I might be talked back into peach something or other, and this time there could be ice cream to go with it!

JKJenn, if you do plan to come through try to hit up the second weekend of the month. In April we meet at Perkins for breakfast the second weekend to plan, then camp close by the third weekend (come for both?). Then May - September (maybe October, too) we plan to camp the second weekend, and go back to Perkins breakfasts when the weather tanks. We love to share these breakfast meet ups with everyone!
    2017 T@B 320 Max S silver and cherry red, L@dybug ("Bug" aka my esc@pe pod), TV 2015 Toyota Highlander aka Big Red
  • Options
    TBH...not sure what state you are in...I was guessing AZ?

2021 T@b 320 Boondock "Mattie Ross" | 2021 T@b Nights: 239 | Total nights in a T@b 455 | 2022 Jeep Grand Cherokee L Overland | T@b owner since 2014

• Options
    Um, no...Eastern Washington State, Spokane to be exact. But that's north of Arizona, and we're considered high desert, too.  We do get all four seasons here. We'd still love to meet you if you're up north this way!
    2017 T@B 320 Max S silver and cherry red, L@dybug ("Bug" aka my esc@pe pod), TV 2015 Toyota Highlander aka Big Red
  • Options
    Maybe someday...but not this year.....There are some areas in the Pac West I would love to photograph and some lovely people to meet out that way!

• Options
     Can you say hijack? =)

States Visited Map

• Options
    edited March 2017
    Ok, HIGHJACK! =) Homebodyatheart, There's plenty of room in the driveway for at LEAST two, if not three T@Bs, once you're in the driveway, disconnect, and 'ya can push it, spin it, twirl it, and if 'ya bring your own shore power cord, sleep in it! We'll just move all the TVs out by the curb & have a mod party. Now, how's that for highjacking my own post! ;)
    Spokane, Wa.

• Options
    ChanWChanW Member Posts: 3,158
    Plumbers silicone grease
    Chan  -  near Buffalo NY
    2014 S Maxx
    2011 Tacoma 4cyl ... edit: 2022 Tacoma 6cyl - oh yeah! 

A_Little_T@b'll_Do_Ya
  • Options
    Eric, I would expect no less from you.
  • Options
    J_NTabowners, and you're surprised because???
  • Options
    I am not sure what if anything I will do now that I have the platform so what in the way. I haven't really studied they layout too much yet. I don't want it to become a point where it can catch in a dip. Perhaps it won't say any lower than the existing outlets, but I need to check it out.

• Options
    =)

States Visited Map

• Options
    Michigan_MikeMichigan_Mike Member Posts: 2,861
    edited March 2017
    ericnliz said:
    I lost the gray water cap and pipe assembly somewhere up in Santa Fe on this trip, called Elsie at the factory and she shipped the assembly and valve out to Colorado Springs where I installed it.  I plan to go to the one discharge pipe mod once the weather cooperates back in Michigan.  I was able to easily unbolt the 4 nuts and bolts on the old valve and placed the new assembly into position and it took about 5 minutes and was back to normal.  Sure beats holding the sewer hose up and funneling gray water into it!
    Mike - Elmira, Mi / 2019 T@B 400 / 2021 Chevy Silverado LTZ
  • Options
    NomadNomad Member Posts: 7,209
    Mike - must have grounded out and cracked it somewhere along the way. I lost my gray all the way to behind the valve my first year out - figure a gas station entrance or a very mean drainage dip going thru Mecca, Ca :-) 
  • Options
    RatkityRatkity Member Posts: 3,770
    I lost 2 gray caps. They were too loose! On the 2nd one, I put in a piece of paper on the edge just to get to where I was going when I saw it dangling when I stopped for gas. The first one escaped on my 2nd trip out, never to be seen again. 
    2017 820R Retro Toy Hauler from 2015 Tabitha T@B from 2009 Reverse LG Teardrop (but a T@Bluver at heart)
  • Options
    I carry a couple of extra caps, although I might be down to one because someone needed one. Note to self:  get a 2nd extra!
    Verna, Columbus, IN
  • Options
    Verna said:
    I carry a couple of extra caps, although I might be down to one because someone needed one. Note to self:  get a 2nd extra!

Ditto - they just break.