Potty drawer

rfuss928rfuss928 Member Posts: 908
edited April 2017 in Modifications & Upgrades
Every season it seems some little change earns its place in SUNT@B.  For a few seasons I have wanted to make the potty more accessible.  Adding shelves to the front area of the CS has made the original intent of use in place impossible. 
This winter I finally got around to rebuilding the front cabinet with this new feature.

This is the original cabinet typical of most DM clamshells.  The potty parking has the drop front.

Here is the new set up.

Slide it out when you need it and slip it back when your done.  There is even a little net in back of the storage space to keep essentials and spares handy.

Comments

• TabberJohnTabberJohn Member Posts: 588
    Wow. Nice mod!
    2015 T@B Max S (White/Silver) -> 2014 Ford Escape 2.0L (turbo, AWD, factory tow)
  • Sharon_is_SAMSharon_is_SAM Administrator Posts: 9,460
    Very convenient.  Looks like you rebuilt the entire box.  Are you going to finish the front of the right side of the cabinet?  
    Sharon / 2017 T@B CSS / 2015 Toyota Sienna Minivan / Westlake, Ohio
  • RatkityRatkity Member Posts: 3,770
    Nice job! Looks like you can "air dry" after if the AC fan is on High. :wink:
    2017 820R Retro Toy Hauler from 2015 Tabitha T@B from 2009 Reverse LG Teardrop (but a T@Bluver at heart)
  • ericnlizericnliz Member Posts: 4,437
    edited April 2017
    rfuss928, Nice job on the fit for this mod!
    Ratkity, you're always lookin' out of the box. 'Ya kinda forgot about the one for the guys standin' up with the A/C on high though, huh?  :D
    2016 T@B MAX S-aka: WolfT@B
    TV: 2006 Chevy Avalanche LT Z71 aka: WhiteWolf, or 1972 Chevy Custom10 P/U aka: SnarlingWolf
    Spokane, Wa.
    Eric aka: Lone Wolf  

Any man who shall standeth to utilize thoust portable lavatory, liveth alone! :lol:
    2017 820R Retro Toy Hauler from 2015 Tabitha T@B from 2009 Reverse LG Teardrop (but a T@Bluver at heart)
    ^^^ T@B University-ism.....
    edited April 2017
    But, Mom, it's rainin' outside.......... :s  Guess that's better than havin' it rainin' inside though, huh? =)
    TV: 2006 Chevy Avalanche LT Z71 aka: WhiteWolf, or 1972 Chevy Custom10 P/U aka: SnarlingWolf
    Spokane, Wa.

edited April 2017
    "And you can take the dog outside for a walk while your at it!" *Mom-ism*  (it's a good thing I'm not a parent to any human kids... just furry ones).
    Do you know my Mom?  :o That one sounded like an echo from my past!
    Spokane, Wa.

edited April 2017
    It's a double-X chromosome thing. You wouldn't understand lol.

Ok.. TOTAL derail: 
    Biology is the only science where multiplication is the same thing as division......
    *ahem* rfuss, very professional-looking job there, btw. Looks like it was made like that originally.
    Ratkity, actually, I do understand, both comments. ;)
    rfuss928, back to the subject at hand ( sorry about the high-jack! ), good job on the front shelves as well. Looks like you made the most out of that space.
    Spokane, Wa.

• rfuss928rfuss928 Member Posts: 908
    Thanks!  I thought about how I wanted it to be for quite a while so the idea was pretty well developed by the time I started working on it.

The top shelf has been there for several seasons.  The lower shelf is also new this season.  Both shelves are very easily removed and stored against the front wall like a seat back.  They are only used for "stuff" while we are camping - nothing travels or is stored on them.

edited April 2017
    rfuss... this might be something you already thought of, but how much weight can those drawer pulls handle? It looks like the 5-gal type potty. That's over 40 lbs itself. You could put rollers on the bottom of the drawer front so it has support on the pull out side (or you've already done something like that and I didn't notice!).
    edited April 2017
    The drawer front has nylon "feet" that contact the floor and support it when extended . 
    It's not the weight of the potty but that of the potter I was concerned about.  Drawer slides are industrial 300# rated.

See rfuss!? I knew you'd had already thought of this. This quality of construction is amazing.
  • MouseketabMouseketab Member Posts: 1,230
    edited April 2017
    Very nice! and simple too. I might be able to actually build that myself.

Gid did something similar, but built an entire dresser unit in the front, and the potty slides out next to the door side. I was planning on having NuCamp recreate the full dresser with a potty drawer when I take it up there for a floor, but I'm getting impatient for a higher shelf, and your idea may be something I can do.
    Carol
    MOUSE-KE-T@B
    2007 Dutchmen T@B Clamshell #2741
    2022 nuCamp T@B 320 CS-S
    2021 F-150 502A Lariat SuperCrew, 3.5 EcoBoost 4x2
    Harvest, AL
    Thanks Carol,
    Gid's design was probably my earliest inspiration for the drawer.  I really wanted to keep it looking as if it was original.  It took some careful planning and nearly a complete rebuild of much of the original cabinet to fit it.  The first step was removing the entire cabinet from the trailer and moving it into my shop.

The shelves were pretty straight forward and several seasons with the upper one has proven it to be very useful.

• Me_and_My_DogMe_and_My_Dog Member Posts: 184
    Wow! That is life changing. Absolutely gorgeous. I have a different set up in my 2007, but I have a cabinet that needs this drawer. Beautiful.
    Katt and Miss Cannoli the Zen Dog
    2008 DM T@DA — Towed by 2014 Dodge Durango — Full time since 6/29/17
    "Travels With The Tiny"
  • webcrawlerwebcrawler Member Posts: 133
    Very nice work!
    Kennesaw, Georgia

2016 Silver/Black T@B M@x S with Scuba Black interior.  2015 Lincoln MKC AWD 2.0L Ecoboost tow vehicle. Tekonsha Prodigy wireless Brake Controller.