Options

Storage solution for bathroom toiletries and miscellaneous items

2»

Comments

• Options
    ericnlizericnliz Member Posts: 4,437
    @Homebodyatheart, Ha, that's funny! Just went to my "wish list" and added wheel chocks in bright yellow to replace the missing one from Lincoln Rock! Also added the "stink tube" adjustable holder, since the original one didn't work out for me (too small interior diameter). Seems like every time I get everything off my list, I have to start a whole new one! :s I'm gettin' to the point where I have to ask myself "Ok, if ya buy this, where are 'ya gonna put it!"  :o
    2016 T@B MAX S-aka: WolfT@B
    TV: 2006 Chevy Avalanche LT Z71 aka: WhiteWolf, or 1972 Chevy Custom10 P/U aka: SnarlingWolf
    Spokane, Wa.
    Eric aka: Lone Wolf  

• Options
    HR_TalyHR_Taly Member Posts: 119
    @Homebodyatheart I couldn't agree more!  I created an Amazon wish list (private setting) specifically for my T@B.  This has been hands down the most incredibly useful thing over the last few years (long story).  

Even if you don't buy the items on Amazon, it's a great place to store interesting items that pop up on the forum.  I'm still kicking myself over this great folding table someone on a forum mentioned that I must have been lazy and not added to my list and now can't find the post to save my life!  An Amazon wishlist saves you a lot of searching!

2018 T@B Max S silver and black (aka TadT@B), Full-timing since July 2017

• Options
    TamsonWITamsonWI Member Posts: 25
    BTW, there's a browser plug-in called Wikibuy (I installed it for Google Chrome) that will automatically go out and find the best price on any Amazon item you're looking at. https://wikibuy.com/  
    Tamson and Shannon, Hudson, WI
    2017 T@B Outback MaxS, 2016 Toyota 4Runner Trail.
  • Options
    MarcelineMarceline Member Posts: 1,512
    Homebodyatheart said:
     Camco water filter, brass water pressure attachment, 90' brass water elbow, brass Y water valve, tank enzymes, ...
    Pardon me for being daft, but what are the "90' brass water elbow, brass Y water valve" for?
    San Francisco Bay Area
    2013 CS-S us@gi
    Battered but trusty 3.5l V6 Hyundai Santa Fe
    2015 Toyota Tacoma PreRunner Double Cab
  • Options
    HomebodyatheartHomebodyatheart Member Posts: 2,501
    @Marceline, you're not daft! I put the 90 degree angle brass fitting at the trailer, then attach my water filter set up, hose, etc. I like using it because it allows the filter to hang straight down, not at an odd angle, and that makes it easier for me to get on and off. You can live just fine without one. The Y brass water valve with a shut off on each short end makes getting water from the spigot a lot more accessible. Sites have one spigot, and if you want to get water for something, but don't want to get it from the T@B you can just turn on the other half of the Y knob for water. Since I enjoy outside cooking and washing dishes, and heating water for my morning tea and dishwater this system works well for me. I have the T@B MaxS model, so I do have inside kitchen, but to me camping is mostly outside (unless the weather is miserable). I also prefer brass fittings over plastic as brass has a longer life span. The rubber washers inside can be replaced every few years as needed. That's the beauty of these rigs...you can do what you want, get what works for you. I can appreciate what others do but it not be right for me. It keeps it interesting and fun!
    2017 T@B 320 Max S silver and cherry red, L@dybug ("Bug" aka my esc@pe pod), TV 2015 Toyota Highlander aka Big Red
  • Options
    Sharon_is_SAMSharon_is_SAM Administrator Posts: 9,531
    Marceline, the 90 degree angle brass fitting on the Tab city water connection allows the hose to hang and prevents it from kinking.    You will see a lot of different opinions re where to place the regulator and the filter.  People used to place the regulator at the campground spigot, but now it seems the recommendation is to attach it directly to the Tab water connection because a hose under pressure that is in the hot sun can exceed the 50 PSI limit of the Tab plumbing.  Also, the current recommendation is to place the filter at the campground outlet to prevent contamination of not only your Tab, but of your hose.  Thanks to Verna for all that info.
    Sharon / 2017 T@B CSS / 2015 Toyota Sienna Minivan / Westlake, Ohio
  • Options
    RatkityRatkity Member Posts: 3,770
    I have *got* to get that 90 degree angle thingie. Every camper should have one. Those city water supply connections are plastic and that's a lot of weight on them (then add a filter - big RVs & campers have those built in). Having one puts so much less pressure on that fitting. Going to Amazon now before I forget!!!!
    2017 820R Retro Toy Hauler from 2015 Tabitha T@B from 2009 Reverse LG Teardrop (but a T@Bluver at heart)
  • Options
    @ SAM good point on the filter placement! I will move mine next time I'm tinkering in the shed so I don't forget.
    2017 T@B 320 Max S silver and cherry red, L@dybug ("Bug" aka my esc@pe pod), TV 2015 Toyota Highlander aka Big Red
  • Options
    Sharon_is_SAMSharon_is_SAM Administrator Posts: 9,531
    That arrangement makes the most sense to me.  But, look around a campground and you will see many variations on the theme.
    Sharon / 2017 T@B CSS / 2015 Toyota Sienna Minivan / Westlake, Ohio
  • Options
    @Homebodyatheart, Which gave me a friendly reminder....Becky, I forgot to give you back your back-up "Y" connector. Remind me next time I see you if I forget again! I found my brass one like yours, and gave the old metal leaky one the "heave-ho"! Also set aside another plastic one just in case, and while looking around, also found my 90* fitting! At this point, I think I'm just going to connect 'em all together so they're all set to go when I get to where I'm going! ;)
    TV: 2006 Chevy Avalanche LT Z71 aka: WhiteWolf, or 1972 Chevy Custom10 P/U aka: SnarlingWolf
    Spokane, Wa.

• Options
    RatkityRatkity Member Posts: 3,770
    @ericnliz, how are you going to take your "redneck shower" if you get rid of the leaky one???
    2017 820R Retro Toy Hauler from 2015 Tabitha T@B from 2009 Reverse LG Teardrop (but a T@Bluver at heart)
  • Options
    edited May 2017
    @Ratkity, Look for a campground with rogue sprinklers!  =) I can always use the dish pan for a shower cap!  :oB)
    Spokane, Wa.

• Options
    @Ratkity the spigots at Lincoln Rock had these little pressure relief valves built onto them. Every so often, but all day and all night they would randomly shoot a heavy mist of water every which way.  That would work, too!  :o

@ericnliz, no big deal. I forgot, too. I can swing by after work some day and get it, and drop off the rhubarb for Liz I forgot, too.

ps - once again we've hijacked a thread...Sorry OreoT@b!
  • Options
    @Homebodyatheart, @Ratkity, Exit stage left before the magic wand lady appears! :o
    Spokane, Wa.

• Options
    VernaVerna Member Posts: 6,878
    I just wish I could add these comments to the other thread.......
    Verna, Columbus, IN
    2021 T@B 320S  Boondock “The T@B”
    Towed by a white 2019 Ford F-150 4x4 Supercab, 3.5L V6 Ecoboost “The Truck”