Options

Storage solution for bathroom toiletries and miscellaneous items

SeadusterSeaduster Member Posts: 147
edited April 2017 in Tips & Tricks
My storage solutions.  The pocket storage also provides privy privacy.

2017 white/black trim T@B Outback; 2017 white Subaru Outback; Seattle

Comments

• Options
    NewfisherNewfisher Member Posts: 105
    Great solution, where did you get them from?
  • Options
    Sharon_is_SAMSharon_is_SAM Administrator Posts: 9,507
    Ofeotab - where did you get the in shower pockets?  They are perfect for a wet bath.
    Sharon / 2017 T@B CSS / 2015 Toyota Sienna Minivan / Westlake, Ohio
  • Options
    NomadNomad Member Posts: 7,209
    I saw the rack you show on the inside of the door at Target the last time I was in one - Almost bought it myself.
  • Options
    SeadusterSeaduster Member Posts: 147
    Thanks, PXLated... they looked huge to me.

I purchased (2) four pocket organizers on Amazon (item #1475MDCO) and hooked them together with small binder clips.  The length and width fit perfectly on the outside of the shower door.  The overdoor hooks that came with them were too large to fit over the top of the door, so I found hooks that worked at Target called Strata Utility Hooks (for Room Essentials Strata shelves).  They came in a packet of four.  I'm sure the original hooks could be modified by someone with the tools do to so.

I purchased the inside toiletries holder at Target.  The TP has moved to a lidded can I purchased at Walmart.
    2017 white/black trim T@B Outback; 2017 white Subaru Outback; Seattle
  • Options
    NomadNomad Member Posts: 7,209
    They always look huge when they're verticals - Could limit that to 800px and they wouldn't look quite so big.
  • Options
    ericnlizericnliz Member Posts: 4,437
    edited May 2017
    @OreoTAB, Just wanted to say thank you for this idea! Ordered two, re-designed the hooks that came with so it fits tight over the door with a hook the opposite direction of the outside one. We now have one set hanging outside the shower door, and one inside, and only used one pair of hooks. Lots of re-bending, and measuring to make it work! 'Ya made Liz real happy, and she thanks you too! :)
    2016 T@B MAX S-aka: WolfT@B
    TV: 2006 Chevy Avalanche LT Z71 aka: WhiteWolf, or 1972 Chevy Custom10 P/U aka: SnarlingWolf
    Spokane, Wa.
    Eric aka: Lone Wolf  

• Options
    PhotomomPhotomom Member Posts: 2,217
    We are minimalists and each have a set of these things. I've attached them to lanyards that can be hung on a shower knob in the T@B or a hook in the campground shower. TSA approved so we can take them when we fly too. Our sets came with 3 bottles for shampoo, conditioner, and body wash.

John and Henrietta, Late 2016 T@B S Max in Western New York
  • Options
    TamsonWITamsonWI Member Posts: 25
    @Photomom - thanks for this idea!  We started out with the over-the-door shelves @OreoTAB used above, but Rather Large Husband (RLH) can't have anything jutting out as it gets in the way - it's fairly hard to him to squeeze into the wetbath as it is without having the small plastic shelf thingies falling on his head at 3:00am.  Oh, the lessons we newbies are learning!
    Tamson and Shannon, Hudson, WI
    2017 T@B Outback MaxS, 2016 Toyota 4Runner Trail.
  • Options
    @TamsonWI, I can relate to the "tight squeeze" into the wet bath!  :o Ah, the things I do for my DW! :)
    TV: 2006 Chevy Avalanche LT Z71 aka: WhiteWolf, or 1972 Chevy Custom10 P/U aka: SnarlingWolf
    Spokane, Wa.

• Options
    edited May 2017
    @ericnliz .  Haha!  RLH is 6'6", so this has been an exercise in "height management".  We're eagerly waiting for the arrival of the Pahaque tent just so he can pull on shirts and pants without giving himself back-strain.  :-)  Case in point...

• Options
    @TamsonWI, I find the bath to be a "sitting room" only affair! :s I'm 6', so I can sorta relate to the dressing thing also. Not back strain, Yoga exercises! He'll love the tent! ;)
    Spokane, Wa.

• Options
    @ericnliz - Yes! on the yoga!  We've both remarked that we didn't know we would have to do "downward facing dog" just to get out of bed!   :)
  • Options
    My Dear Husband is 6'5". If he's in the T@B he's sitting or lying down. The awning is his hangout. 
  • Options
    @TamsonWI, I use the ol' tuck & roll method myself! Just watch out for the headbanger rear cupboards! (helmet not included!) =)
    Spokane, Wa.

• Options
    VernaVerna Member Posts: 6,878
    You guys sure didn't start out ina teardrop, the non-standy kind! OK, I know I can still get dressed while laying down, and depending on the temp, it could be getting dressed while still inside the sleeping bag!
    Verna, Columbus, IN
    2021 T@B 320S  Boondock “The T@B”
    Towed by a white 2019 Ford F-150 4x4 Supercab, 3.5L V6 Ecoboost “The Truck”
  • Options
    jkjennjkjenn Member Posts: 6,391

Verna said:

You guys sure didn't start out ina teardrop, the non-standy kind! OK, I know I can still get dressed while laying down, and depending on the temp, it could be getting dressed while still inside the sleeping bag!

I am sure if I attempted to dress in a sleeping bag it would end in injury, lol.

2021 T@b 320 Boondock "Mattie Ross" | 2021 T@b Nights: 239 | Total nights in a T@b 455 | 2022 Jeep Grand Cherokee L Overland | T@b owner since 2014

• Options
    But, But, @Verna!  There's been multiple tents, lean-to's and other assorted shelters I could in NO way stand up in!
    You're not 6' tall, and believe me, the dressing lying down thing is not something that I'm not familiar with. Many times I've dressed in a sleeping bag when it's -20* outside. Kept my clothes inside the sleeping bag so they were warm when I put 'em on!  =)
    Spokane, Wa.

• Options
    @jkjenn, Maybe not an injury, but creativity & yoga moves DO come in to play! ;)
    Spokane, Wa.

• Options
    @Verna - Wow!  Obviously neither one of us is as bendy as you are!  :)  
  • Options
    @Photomom - That seems to be the way we do it as well, if DH is inside, he's either prone or sitting.  Tent is arriving this week, so that should help.  
  • Options
    SszalaySszalay Member Posts: 4
    We keep our kitchen and hand towels on a Walmart rack that fits onto the top outside of the shower door.  I like the pantry rack idea and I'm wondering where you hang damp towels. 
    Wow 6+' ! And I think my 5'8" height  is tricky, esp when cooking. 
  • Options
    I hang damp towels on command hooks in the bathroom or on a clothesline outdoors if the weather is good. 
  • Options
    @Sszalay Yeah, we have to default to me cooking if inside, but I did buy a pop-up dish tub for him to take over the dishwashing outside where he doesn't get back strain.  I cooked for the first time this past weekend in the trailer and I was comfortable at 5'7", but any taller would have been problematic.  (I barely cook in my own kitchen - so I was rather proud of my little breakfast!)
  • Options
    @Photomom - did you use the "bathroom" Command strips?  Also, directly on the walls?  No problems?  I had a Command strip take a bit of the wall off of my house once, and I've been a little leery in the camper.  (we both work at 3M, so I feel slightly disloyal having doubts =) )

• Options

TamsonWI said:

@Photomom - did you use the "bathroom" Command strips?  Also, directly on the walls?  No problems?  I had a Command strip take a bit of the wall off of my house once, and I've been a little leery in the camper.  (we both work at 3M, so I feel slightly disloyal having doubts =) )

No, just the regular. Bathroom ones may be new, haven't seen those.
  • Options
    RatkityRatkity Member Posts: 3,770
    I have the bathroom ones. There's a mirror and a tiny washcloth or small towel rack that is water resistant and sticks pretty great! Impressed so far.
    2017 820R Retro Toy Hauler from 2015 Tabitha T@B from 2009 Reverse LG Teardrop (but a T@Bluver at heart)
  • Options
    SszalaySszalay Member Posts: 4
    @TamsonWI Congrats on your breakfast!  Delicious. For cooking and working at the sink, no shoes and a wide leg stance works pretty well. @Photomom thanks. I'll try the Command hooks. 
  • Options
    DogdenDogden Member Posts: 6
    Bear in mind I have 8+ weeks to get thru until I see my T@B--  so I went to Storables.. the container store?.... OMGosh...I so hope this works;  they have a tension type vertical rod (hoping the bath flood doesn't take a dislike to it and that it stays put) that has a couple of wire shelves for bath supplies & you can hang things from like a shower poof or razor etc..  I am hoping it keeps me from having to hang things from the door.  Anyone ever try the vertical tension rod type of solution??

Oh- Has anyone had experience with the covered TP Holder??  I saw it was factory installed with what looked like grayish blue putty circles.  Do they work - the adhesive putty rounds?... and would these be better than the Command strips everyone uses but it sounds like they have big drawbacks.

I am trying to wrap my head around what actual life will be like while using this cute teardrop so any shared thoughts are really appreciated.  Thanks~
  • Options
    HomebodyatheartHomebodyatheart Member Posts: 2,497
    edited May 2017
    @dogden, I had a three layer list- first is essentals. Surge protector, 30 to 110 adapter, 30 to 50 adapter(could have waited on this), Camco water filter, brass water pressure attachment, 90' brass water elbow, brass Y water valve, tank enzymes, leveler(I got the Anderson, easy and I love it), bubble level, dump hose tube(I hear these come standard on the 2018's),plastic gloves, hand sanitizer, hitch locks, silicone spray (a must have), tools, duct tape, electrical tape . Second layer is what helps- Luci solar lights, small over door hand towel rack for under sink cupboard, paper towel holder, heavy duty velcro, command hooks, folding 3arm coat hook, awning/XL visor, folding chairs, RV outdoor mat, basically the list of essentials to camp. Third layer is luxury items and toys- Igloo ice maker(Walmart $89- love it!), Little Red Campfire and smaller propane tank, etc. Before L@dybug came I bought the first level essentials and a few other things but did not go crazy buying everything people said I'd need. That was a good move because some must haves on the unit ended up as standard items on my 2017. Also once you have it and spend time in it some things will be more important than others. I was certain I'd need the covered tp holder. Now I'm glad I didn't get one. I figured out a removable set up with things I have on hand. Same for anything else in the bathroom. I do carry a small notebook to write down what I need to bring in. That was a good idea. 

Basically its your T@b, it's your decisions on making it just right for you.  Some people have done some amazing mods on their tab, some I would like to have or have done and others I can appreciate but I would never do it on my unit. That's the fun of it all!  Have fun!
    2017 T@B 320 Max S silver and cherry red, L@dybug ("Bug" aka my esc@pe pod), TV 2015 Toyota Highlander aka Big Red
  • Options
    HomebodyatheartHomebodyatheart Member Posts: 2,497
     Another good idea someone  suggested is when you see an item that looks interesting, or something you should have, add that item to your Amazon wish list. Then you will know where to find that information again when you need it. I have found that a number of things  that I put on my wish list I could take off after I got my tab because it didn't make sense anymore,  or I bought it cheaper at a local store. 
    2017 T@B 320 Max S silver and cherry red, L@dybug ("Bug" aka my esc@pe pod), TV 2015 Toyota Highlander aka Big Red