Options

Alde; storage areas

When we turned on the Alde last week it seemed to take a long time for the circulation icon to appear on the screen.....we have the electronic controls. We got out the manual to see if we had forgotten anything. The manual says that you shouldn't be storing anything under the back seat cushions or behind the back seat rest as that restricts air circulation. We do use those areas for storage of items including bedding behind the backrest but it its not crammed full. My questions-

After the Alde is turned on, how long should it take for the glycol to start circulating and the circulation icon to appear?

How much does everyone use the areas under the passenger side seat cushion and behind the backrest?

Thanks

Comments

• Options
    ChanWChanW Member Posts: 3,158
    edited April 2017
    With the analog controller, the circulator starts immediately (within 10 seconds). I'm ignorant about the digital controller, though.
    We use all those areas for storage, but not under the back shelf (which is behind the couch back).
    We aid the circulation by lifting the back shelf up, allowing the heat out of that area.
    Chan  -  near Buffalo NY
    2014 S Maxx
    2011 Tacoma 4cyl ... edit: 2022 Tacoma 6cyl - oh yeah! 

A_Little_T@b'll_Do_Ya
  • Options
    jkjennjkjenn Member Posts: 6,391

ChanW said:

With the analog controller, the circulator starts immediately (within 10 seconds).
    We use all those areas for storage, but not under the back shelf (which is behind the couch back).
    We aid the circulation by lifting the back shelf up, allowing the heat out of that area.

I do exactly the same. I think the fastest way to warm it up is to lower the back bench and lift up the shelf.

2021 T@b 320 Boondock "Mattie Ross" | 2021 T@b Nights: 239 | Total nights in a T@b 455 | 2022 Jeep Grand Cherokee L Overland | T@b owner since 2014

• Options
    scaupscaup Member Posts: 81
    For those that have the digital controller for their Alde, how long does it take for the circulation icon to appear on the screen once the Alde is turned on?

Our warrantee is about to expire and I need to know if we have a problem. 

Thanks
  • Options
    VernaVerna Member Posts: 6,878

scaup said:

For those that have the digital controller for their Alde, how long does it take for the circulation icon to appear on the screen once the Alde is turned on?

Our warrantee is about to expire and I need to know if we have a problem. 

Thanks

Call Ed at the nuCamp factory (phone numbers on this page) and see if he think you have a problem. 
    Verna, Columbus, IN
    2021 T@B 320S  Boondock “The T@B”
    Towed by a white 2019 Ford F-150 4x4 Supercab, 3.5L V6 Ecoboost “The Truck”
  • Options
    dsatworkdsatwork Member Posts: 744
    @Verna
    I don't think you can just pick up the phone and call Ed anymore. I called and left message for him and sent him an email with a complete description of the issue and had to start all over with Renee. I may have just caught him at a busy week, but I wonder with nuCamp running things now if there will be a new protocol for getting service?
    2017 Tab Basic S Silver on Silver with Sofitel Cushions....upgraded from 2013 LG 5W....Towed by a 2016 Sorento V6 AWD w/5000lb tow capacity. Dave S. married to Jen aka SanDiegoGal We pull a Tab but live in a 2014 Airstream International Signature 27 FBQ...Talk about embracing a trailer lifestyle.
  • Options
    ericnlizericnliz Member Posts: 4,437
    @dsatwork, In Ed's defense, you need to realize right now camping season is getting "ramped" up to get ready for the season & they're probably getting a LOT of calls. Renee is really good at her job, and I know it's kind of a pain to have to go through the whole scenario again, but think about how many of US there are, and how many of THEM there are. Patience grasshopper!  :) I had to wait a few days for a reply to an issue I was having too.  ;) Hang in there, I'm sure they're doing  their best.
    2016 T@B MAX S-aka: WolfT@B
    TV: 2006 Chevy Avalanche LT Z71 aka: WhiteWolf, or 1972 Chevy Custom10 P/U aka: SnarlingWolf
    Spokane, Wa.
    Eric aka: Lone Wolf  

• Options
    scaupscaup Member Posts: 81
    Just after Verna's answer I contacted NuCamp and talked with, I guess, Renee. She said that Ed was in a different department now and wasn't available. She said that Marvin was now the "Ed". In regards to my question regarding the time between starting the Alde and seeing the circulation icon, she put me on hold to discuss it with Marvin. She said they didn't have an answer to my question so......... back to the T@B forum.

When we turned on the Alde the last time it took ~20-30 minutes for the circulation icon to appear on the screen. While I can't tell you how long it took previously, it took long enough this time that it raised a question in our minds. Does anyone with digital controls have an estimate of the time frame for their Alde?

What has to happen before the icon appears? Does the glycol have to heat up before it circulates?

Thanks

• Options
    RollingBnBRollingBnB Member Posts: 322
    Thermostat has to set high enough for the Alde to be calling for heat before the pump starts. Otherwise it's just making hot water.
    2020 Tiffin Open Road
    2020 Nissan Versa Toad 
    Alan & Patty
    Southern Az
  • Options
    @scaup, You've raised a good question, and I am inclined to think along the same lines as you in that it would make sense that it needs to heat up before circulation occurs. Kind of like a thermostat in a car works with the radiator. I really haven't paid too much attention to the circulation icon as I've been busy doing other things in the trailer after turning on the Alde. One question I would have though is do you have the circulation pump set for thermostat, or continuous? I'm no where near my manual right now, but if memory serves me correctly, it's recommended to put it on the thermostat setting. Does that help?
    TV: 2006 Chevy Avalanche LT Z71 aka: WhiteWolf, or 1972 Chevy Custom10 P/U aka: SnarlingWolf
    Spokane, Wa.

• Options
    I have a 2017 with the digital readout and have never paid attention to the icons but I'll check it out tonight while I'm testing some of my issues. I won't chime in unless it hasn't been resolved by the time I can get you an answer.
    2017 Tab Basic S Silver on Silver with Sofitel Cushions....upgraded from 2013 LG 5W....Towed by a 2016 Sorento V6 AWD w/5000lb tow capacity. Dave S. married to Jen aka SanDiegoGal We pull a Tab but live in a 2014 Airstream International Signature 27 FBQ...Talk about embracing a trailer lifestyle.
  • Options
    @RollingBnB, Thanks, that makes sense too! ;)
    Spokane, Wa.

• Options
    RollingBnBRollingBnB Member Posts: 322
    Our pump starts as soon as I turn up the thermostat even if the Alde is cold.
    2020 Tiffin Open Road
    2020 Nissan Versa Toad 
    Alan & Patty
    Southern Az
  • Options
    Does the icon turn? Just curious.
    Spokane, Wa.

• Options
    VernaVerna Member Posts: 6,878

dsatwork said:

@Verna
    I don't think you can just pick up the phone and call Ed anymore. I called and left message for him and sent him an email with a complete description of the issue and had to start all over with Renee. I may have just caught him at a busy week, but I wonder with nuCamp running things now if there will be a new protocol for getting service?

nuCamp just changed their name from Pleasant Valley Teardrop a Trailers and no longer builds three of LG's teardrop models. nuCamp is the same factory that Pleasant Valley was. LG was just a marketing arm. Nothing has changed other than that.

But, looking at the next post, it appears that Marvin has become Ed and yes, sometimes you have to wait in line. I probably should have said to contact the warranty department, and then speak to whomever answers. 
    Verna, Columbus, IN
    2021 T@B 320S  Boondock “The T@B”
    Towed by a white 2019 Ford F-150 4x4 Supercab, 3.5L V6 Ecoboost “The Truck”
  • Options

Verna said:

nuCamp just changed their name from Pleasant Valley Teardrop a Trailers and no longer builds three of LG's teardrop models. nuCamp is the same factory that Pleasant Valley was. LG was just a marketing arm. Nothing has changed other than that.

But, looking at the next post, it appears that Marvin has become Ed and yes, sometimes you have to wait in line. I probably should have said to contact the warranty department, and then speak to whomever answers. 

Thanks for the clarification.
    As I worked with Renee on my issue, Ed was included in the loop more than once. So I don't think he's ever very far away and probably has his finger on the pulse of the warranty department. Renee has been attentive and replied to all my questions and concerns timely manner. 
  • Options
    RatkityRatkity Member Posts: 3,770
    If you have the boost on to heat up the hot water faster (propane + electric) the circulation won't start for the heat until the hot water is completely hot. Drop the boost mode and see if circulation starts immediately.
    2017 820R Retro Toy Hauler from 2015 Tabitha T@B from 2009 Reverse LG Teardrop (but a T@Bluver at heart)
  • Options
    edited April 2017
    I have noticed the same thing but never looked at the panel to see what was showing. We were out early one morning and the trailer was really cold (San Diego winter cold.... a bone chilling 45 or 50 degrees). So we turned the heat up and changed it to plus on the hot water, because we wanted to see how hot the shower got and it seemed to take for ever for the trailer to warm up. All we could figure is that it was heating the water first before it turned the heat on for the room. Once it started though it heated up really fast. We determined that in a normal camping situation we would probably have the the Alde on all night, even if it was just heating the water. So heating the water wouldn't be needed before you turned up the cabin heat.
  • Options
    RatkityRatkity Member Posts: 3,770
    The great thing about the Alde digital panel is that you can set the time when you want the heat to start up. I think you have to make sure the clock is set correctly :)
    2017 820R Retro Toy Hauler from 2015 Tabitha T@B from 2009 Reverse LG Teardrop (but a T@Bluver at heart)
  • Options

Ratkity said:

The great thing about the Alde digital panel is that you can set the time when you want the heat to start up. I think you have to make sure the clock is set correctly :)

Great point didn't even think about that possibility.