Options

Sharp edges on shower door & molding?

drpprmtdrpprmt Member Posts: 117
Has any one else found the sharp burrs on the top of the shower door and aluminum molding?

Comments

• Options
    texasaubiefantexasaubiefan Member Posts: 62
    Not so far.  Is it the corner or the top, and what year model?   I'd imagine a dremel with a sanding bit would alleviate the problem.  
    2017 T@B 320-S, Sofitel (M@bel)
    Mabel is my great grandmother that I never knew.  She took her 3 sons (ages 8-2) on an epic adventure from Alabama to Florida in the 1930's in the back of a pick up truck.  I named my female English springer spaniel after my mother.  Might as well go for broke with the brownie points in Heaven!   
    TV: 2018 Ford F-150 Lariat Supercrew 
    David & Jill, Houston, TX
  • Options
    jgram2jgram2 Member Posts: 1,522
    Back in 2015, Bert's Labrador got a cut on his back from the bottom of the door-needed stitches! Verna recommended using a fine file to smooth them down. She did throw that issue back to Pleasant Valley, now nuCamp.
    John, Judi, Guinness & OD in PDX
    T@Bit@t 2015 S Max Outback, ‘18 V6 4Runner 

• Options
    drpprmtdrpprmt Member Posts: 117
    We have a new 2017 S model.  The top of the aluminum metal on the jam, door frame, and hinge were not finished smoothly.  They had sharp burrs.  Of course the jam is a perfect place to rest your hand when going into the shower room.  Big mistake.  Fixed jam with a file and hand with a bandage.  Hope people do a quick check so they don't find out the hard way. 
  • Options
    VernaVerna Member Posts: 6,878

drpprmt said:

We have a new 2017 S model.  The top of the aluminum metal on the jam, door frame, and hinge were not finished smoothly.  They had sharp burrs.  Of course the jam is a perfect place to rest your hand when going into the shower room.  Big mistake.  Fixed jam with a file and hand with a bandage.  Hope people do a quick check so they don't find out the hard way. 

Problems like this should go back to your dealer to fix, who should take it back to nuCamp. And yes, a simple file will take care of the sharp edges. I extend my apologies from the factory. 
    Verna, Columbus, IN
    2021 T@B 320S  Boondock “The T@B”
    Towed by a white 2019 Ford F-150 4x4 Supercab, 3.5L V6 Ecoboost “The Truck”
  • Options
    jkjennjkjenn Member Posts: 6,391
    Mine had sharp edges on the top and I filed them down.

2021 T@b 320 Boondock "Mattie Ross" | 2021 T@b Nights: 239 | Total nights in a T@b 455 | 2022 Jeep Grand Cherokee L Overland | T@b owner since 2014

• Options
    RatkityRatkity Member Posts: 3,770
    Gotta love the dremel tool. So many uses!!! 
    2017 820R Retro Toy Hauler from 2015 Tabitha T@B from 2009 Reverse LG Teardrop (but a T@Bluver at heart)
  • Options
    VernaVerna Member Posts: 6,878
    I filed mine down, too. It took about 5 minutes. 
    Verna, Columbus, IN
    2021 T@B 320S  Boondock “The T@B”
    Towed by a white 2019 Ford F-150 4x4 Supercab, 3.5L V6 Ecoboost “The Truck”