Options

2015 t@b fridge not working on electric, gas or battery

Hey all, 

Ok before you say it- yes, I know the fridge has been recalled for propane usage but the whole unit has stopped working on all outlets. It was fine yesterday and last night it just stopped working. And we're in Florida- ah!

We've tried resetting all of our electrical but every other outlet is working fine. We've tried opening up the panels (not really sure what we were looking for but nothing was leaking/smelling) At one point the coils were getting cool but never cold.

I've seen one other post about this but would love to trouble shoot before taking it in since we live in it.  Any and all ideas welcome! 

Comments

• Options
    monamona Member Posts: 241
    Those fridges do not like to be off level by much. Might try rechecking how level the Tab is sitting. Happened to me once. Just had the front a tad too high. 
    2015 T@b S Max  white with silver trim. 2018 GC Trailhawk. 
  • Options
    HappyCamperWivesHappyCamperWives Member Posts: 33

mona said:

Those fridges do not like to be off level by much. Might try rechecking how level the Tab is sitting. Happened to me once. Just had the front a tad too high. 

Thank you! We checked that too :( It was working in our current location for a few days so not sure it's that.. 
  • Options
    VernaVerna Member Posts: 6,878
    The 110V outlet for the 3-way fridge in the non-CS models is under the sink. Plug something else into the outlet to see it it works-- hair dryer, electric fan...  If it does work, then your electric power is getting to the fridge's power cord. Check the "Fuses for Newbies" thread to find the various hidden fuses on the 3-way fridge. 

If you have a two way fridge.....sorry, I am not familiar wth them. 
    Verna, Columbus, IN
    2021 T@B 320S  Boondock “The T@B”
    Towed by a white 2019 Ford F-150 4x4 Supercab, 3.5L V6 Ecoboost “The Truck”
  • Options

Verna said:

The 110V outlet for the 3-way fridge in the non-CS models is under the sink. Plug something else into the outlet to see it it works-- hair dryer, electric fan...  If it does work, then your electric power is getting to the fridge's power cord. Check the "Fuses for Newbies" thread to find the various hidden fuses on the 3-way fridge. 

If you have a two way fridge.....sorry, I am not familiar wth them. 

It's a 3-way. Ok! Will try that- thank you! 
  • Options
    PhotomomPhotomom Member Posts: 2,217
    The service manual is on line at http://bryantrv.com/docs2/docs/3163.pdf if you have the ability and inclination to investigate yourselves. Have a look at page 18 which deals specifically with failure to work in any of the 3 modes.

John and Henrietta, Late 2016 T@B S Max in Western New York
  • Options
    Get this! The glue on the leveler expanded from the heat so when we leveled it it wasn't accurate! Mystery may be solved. Lesson learned,  check with two levels.
  • Options
    ScottGScottG Administrator Posts: 5,468
    I'm not entirely certain of this, but it's possible that the fridge (like the Alde) requires 12 volts to the circuitry in order to run in any mode. Assuming the fridge fuse at the converter is ok, that would implicate one of the hidden glass fuses Verna mentioned. They are on the top of the unit and are easy to get at...after you remove the stove.
    2015 T@B S

• Options

ScottG said:

I'm not entirely certain of this, but it's possible that the fridge (like the Alde) requires 12 volts to the circuitry in order to run in any mode. Assuming the fridge fuse at the converter is ok, that would implicate one of the hidden glass fuses Verna mentioned. They are on the top of the unit and are easy to get at...after you remove the stove.

Thanks Scott! We think it may be fixed but so good to know this for future "lessons learned"
  • Options
    drpprmtdrpprmt Member Posts: 117
    I have a digital level on my phone.  Any idea of the acceptable range for frig operation?
  • Options

drpprmt said:

I have a digital level on my phone.  Any idea of the acceptable range for frig operation?

3 degrees front to back, 6 degrees side to side, per the manual. 
  • Options

drpprmt said:

Oh a phone level makes a lot of sense 
  • Options
    kenclunkkenclunk Member Posts: 6
    As our new 2017 fridge isn't cooling well at all I'm wondering where people place their levels to confirm? If it's on the counter it reads differently than if it's on the trailer by the crank. I figured it would be best to make sure the area by the fridge is most level but I'm not sure if that's best. 
  • Options
    monamona Member Posts: 241
    I use the LP tub lid.
    2015 T@b S Max  white with silver trim. 2018 GC Trailhawk. 
  • Options
    @kenclunk chose one spot and always use the same spot. The counter could be positioned a bit off level, but the frame has to be level. 

I placed a side-to-side level above my fridge and a front-to-back level
    on the wall above my SeeLevel. One quick glance in the door shows me which way I need to go to be level. 
    Verna, Columbus, IN
  • Options
    jkjennjkjenn Member Posts: 6,391

I placed a side-to-side level above my fridge and a front-to-back level
    on the wall above my SeeLevel. One quick glance in the door shows me which way I need to go to be level. 

Great idea.

2021 T@b 320 Boondock "Mattie Ross" | 2021 T@b Nights: 239 | Total nights in a T@b 455 | 2022 Jeep Grand Cherokee L Overland | T@b owner since 2014

• Options
    I use a 12" carpenter's level on the floor in front of the fridge. I keep it inside the cabinet under the passenger side bench where it is easy to grab.
  • Options
    jkjennjkjenn Member Posts: 6,391

Photomom said:

I use a 12" carpenter's level on the floor in front of the fridge. I keep it inside the cabinet under the passenger side bench where it is easy to grab.

I have a 24" one that I have been using, but Verna's idea sounds much easier. 

2021 T@b 320 Boondock "Mattie Ross" | 2021 T@b Nights: 239 | Total nights in a T@b 455 | 2022 Jeep Grand Cherokee L Overland | T@b owner since 2014

• Options
    To attach the levels, you do need your T@B to be perfectly level. 
    Verna, Columbus, IN