Options

Softer LED bulbs

I appreciate the efficiency of the LED bulbs but I am not really liking the blueish light they produce and would prefer something that is more like a soft white.  Has anyone replaced those interior bulbs with something softer?  I saw a good discussion about using filters to dim them but I would like to replace them if possible.  Not even sure if LED comes in anything other than the blueish color.
2017 Max S - Silver/Red - T@briolet -  2016 Jeep Cherokee - Fredericksburg, TX

Comments

• Options
    pthomas745pthomas745 Moderator Posts: 3,682
    I'm guessing the LEDs in my Tab are more of the "bright white" (3000K+) instead of the "soft white, (2700K)"  I'd love to replace mine with a lesser wattage, too.

The gels and filters do work, to a point, but are a bit clunky.

And, don't even start me on "Color Rendering Index."  If a bulb for my home doesn't tell me what the CRI is, I don't buy it.  I want the reds/green/blues in my house to be, well, red/green/blue.
    2017 Outback
    Towed by 2014 Touareg TDi
  • Options
    rfuss928rfuss928 Member Posts: 939
    edited May 2017
    If you search "warm white LED" with your bulb size I think you will find what you want.

• Options
    Pop-T@BPop-T@B Member Posts: 199

I would agree they are very harsh. I added this set of LED tape lights last fall and they have a soft white setting that looks just like incandescent soft white bulbs. they are dimmable and they also have a full range of colors if you want to change it up

• Options
    foxdenfoxden Member Posts: 148
    Thanks @Pop-T@B  I will look at those.  I had hoped for a replacement solution but decided to try something else that was mentioned on the forum.  I had a soft yellow chalk paint and I put a thin coat around the inside of both reading lights and the overhead light.  Wiped it off with a damp cloth and then repeated the process.  You can't actually see that there is any paint on it but it left just enough yellow residue to give the lights a softer glow.  The downlight part of the reading lights still has the bright white/blue color but the overall appearance is much warmer.  Don't think it will work for the one above the sink so I will work on the replacement search for that one.
  • Options
    HomebodyatheartHomebodyatheart Member Posts: 2,497
    I use one or two Luci Light Candle after dark. I love the soft light(sorry, no pics!). It is solar and I got them on Amazon.
    2017 T@B 320 Max S silver and cherry red, L@dybug ("Bug" aka my esc@pe pod), TV 2015 Toyota Highlander aka Big Red
  • Options
    foxdenfoxden Member Posts: 148
    Those look nice.  I just bought a few of the luminaid lights similar to that for outside but I think I would like the Luci Candles even better!
  • Options
    @foxden, this gives you a better idea.
    2017 T@B 320 Max S silver and cherry red, L@dybug ("Bug" aka my esc@pe pod), TV 2015 Toyota Highlander aka Big Red
  • Options
    RatkityRatkity Member Posts: 3,770
    @Homebodyatheart I just put in my order for them! I didn't want the flickering one (candle simulation), but got a plain and then one that changes colors. :)
    2017 820R Retro Toy Hauler from 2015 Tabitha T@B from 2009 Reverse LG Teardrop (but a T@Bluver at heart)
  • Options
    @Ratkity congrats! They are so easy! Every morning I set them in the kitchen window for the day, bottom side up, to charge. Couldnt be much easier! Let me know how you like thrm. 
  • Options
    ericnlizericnliz Member Posts: 4,437
    Soooo, You set them in the window upside down for donations? :o Oh, They're solar! ;)
    2016 T@B MAX S-aka: WolfT@B
    TV: 2006 Chevy Avalanche LT Z71 aka: WhiteWolf, or 1972 Chevy Custom10 P/U aka: SnarlingWolf
    Spokane, Wa.
    Eric aka: Lone Wolf  

• Options
    RatkityRatkity Member Posts: 3,770
    I also got the skull and spider one... Muhahahahaha... :jack_o_lantern:
    2017 820R Retro Toy Hauler from 2015 Tabitha T@B from 2009 Reverse LG Teardrop (but a T@Bluver at heart)