2018 T@B and T@G Changes Announced

2»

Comments

• jkjennjkjenn Member Posts: 6,391
    RogerL said:
    My dealer just told me that he talked with the manufacturer and he said there is no plan to have a 3-way refrigerator in the new model year T@B clamshells. Does anyone have any additional info on why the change in plans?
    Roger, the 2 way on the CS is a much lower power draw than running the 3 way on battery. Most owners are pretty happy with it.

2021 T@b 320 Boondock "Mattie Ross" | 2021 T@b Nights: 239 | Total nights in a T@b 455 | 2022 Jeep Grand Cherokee L Overland | T@b owner since 2014

ScottG said:
    @BrianZ, "Max" was used to designate the full-featured package offered in the days when Little Guy and Pleasant Valley (now nuCamp) were collaborating. There were models with fewer features called the "Basic" and "QuickStart" but you rarely if ever encountered one of those. Now independent, nuCamp appears to have dropped these from the standard offerings, so all T@Bs are essentially a "Max." 

The "320" designates the size of the trailer, distinguishing it from the larger 400 that nuCamp recently introduced. These monikers mimic those used in Europe, where similar looking T@Bs are produced by a different company.

In all cases, the "S" designates models with a wet bath.

I think early LG/PV T@Bs were equipped with bath sinks, but they were dropped at some point. My 2015 does not have one. I'm not sure the current status of those fixtures, but the nuCamp site does list them as standard on S models.

I'm also not sure about the outside table bracket. The Lagun table was added sometime after 2015, but I'm not sure if the outside bracket was standard. Many owners did retrofit their older T@Bs when the Lagun became available.

I think I've got this history right--someone please correct me if not!
    Pretty close. The early PV T@bd did not have a bathroom but they were added around 2014-2015. I have an early 2015 and it did not have a sink in the bathroom.

2021 T@b 320 Boondock "Mattie Ross" | 2021 T@b Nights: 239 | Total nights in a T@b 455 | 2022 Jeep Grand Cherokee L Overland | T@b owner since 2014

• ScottGScottG Administrator Posts: 5,408
    Good info, jkjenn. I wasn't sure when the S model debuted. It sounds like the integrated sink was a short-lived feature.
    2015 T@B S

• newellnewell Member Posts: 182
    I will probably pay to upgrade to the 3 way fridge on my CS-S.  Do you think my dealer can do the single termination outlet?
    A word of caution.  Before you spend money to up grade to the 3-way fridge, read some of the threads on this forum regarding the operation of the 12 volt option.  It's just on or off.  No settings and most people pre chill the fridge and or fill it with ice since it's works so poorly with this function.  Also you have to be careful to shut it off when you park or even stop at a rest area because it will drain your TV battery while the engine is not running.  We don't even bother with ours. Just saying.

Earl & Sue | Central NY |
    2017 T@B 320S | TV: Chevy Silverado
    newell said:
    I will probably pay to upgrade to the 3 way fridge on my CS-S.  Do you think my dealer can do the single termination outlet?
    A word of caution.  Before you spend money to up grade to the 3-way fridge, read some of the threads on this forum regarding the operation of the 12 volt option.  It's just on or off.  No settings and most people pre chill the fridge and or fill it with ice since it's works so poorly with this function.  Also you have to be careful to shut it off when you park or even stop at a rest area because it will drain your TV battery while the engine is not running.  We don't even bother with ours. Just saying.
    My rule of thumb is to unplug if more than 10 or 15 minutes for a stop. If that is that case, I switch over to LP, if fairly level. I also try to freeze couple of Nalgene bottles and put them inside to help keep it cool on hot days while in transit.

Using it on LP is truly awesome. It uses very little LP.

• ScottGScottG Administrator Posts: 5,408
    Although it can sometimes be a little cantankerous to get it lit the first time, I agree that the fridge works great on LP.

However, the LP fridge does require venting for the burner. Installation of the vent would probably be the biggest impediment to swapping out the fridge to a 3-way in the CS models. I wonder if space constraints are the reason nuCamp won't go this route.
    2015 T@B S

ScottG said:
    Although it can sometimes be a little cantankerous to get it lit the first time, I agree that the fridge works great on LP.

However, the LP fridge does require venting for the burner. Installation of the vent would probably be the biggest impediment to swapping out the fridge to a 3-way in the CS models. I wonder if space constraints are the reason nuCamp won't go this route.
    The old 3 way vents in the front, but the new one vents on the side. I wonder if it will become an option for CS models in the future?

• IrishCamper74IrishCamper74 Member Posts: 237
    a year too late.... :( I would have LOVED the solar panel kit.

The extra storage cabinets/drawers would have been nice but that would eliminate the puppy bench!....oh nooo!   =) 

Light a campfire and everyone's a storyteller. ~John Geddes

2017 t@b CS, silver with green trim.
    TV: 2017 Honda Ridgeline.
  • RogerLRogerL Member Posts: 24
    @jkjenn - how long will the 2-way typically run on battery power? 

Also, your question on if the 3-way will become an option in the future was also my question, since the T@B changes note that @Verna posted at the top of this thread indicated that it was "COMING LATER THIS YEAR", but my dealer said that he talked with the manufacturer and there were no plans to do this.
    2018 T@B 320CS-S, 2018 GMC Canyon SLT
    Urbana, MD
    How long depend's on your battery and what else you use that draws power. If I recall correctly, the 2 way draws somewhere arpu d 2.35ah where the three-way on battery draws over 11ah.

• cmaccmac Member Posts: 90
    Anybody know if the cabinets/drawers can be retro-fitted into a 2006 Dutchman clamshell?
    John & Cheryl
    2007 T@B ClamShell by Dutchman "Goli@th"
    2018 Chevy Colorado V-6
    Edmond, OK
  • ColleenD2ColleenD2 Member Posts: 411
    Solar standard -- WOOT!

Seeing the 3-way fridge coming to the CS models will also be a welcome addition.
    What is the benefit of the 3 way fridge? Thanks!
    2019 Custom T@B 320 U Boondock Lite-ish
    We slept in 34 states, 2 countries & counting.

• dragonsdoflydragonsdofly Member Posts: 1,925
    @ColleenD2, the three way fridge runs on a/c current (like your home) for when you are plugged into power, like in a campground. It also runs on 12v so your tow vhicle can power it while towing and it runs on propane gas so you can boondock in natural or undeveloped locations so it doesn't deplete your battery. That way you don't have to be hooked up to utilities and can camp for a weekend or longer away from civilization.
    2017 t@b sofitel(Dr@gonsFly)TV 2015 Silverado 2500hd(Behemoth). Wyandotte, Michigan.
    Draco dormiens numquam titilandus.
  • ColleenD2ColleenD2 Member Posts: 411
    @ColleenD2, the three way fridge runs on a/c current (like your home) for when you are plugged into power, like in a campground. It also runs on 12v so your tow vhicle can power it while towing and it runs on propane gas so you can boondock in natural or undeveloped locations so it doesn't deplete your battery. That way you don't have to be hooked up to utilities and can camp for a weekend or longer away from civilization.
    Thanks! I will put it on the list.
    2019 Custom T@B 320 U Boondock Lite-ish
    We slept in 34 states, 2 countries & counting.

• Sharon_is_SAMSharon_is_SAM Administrator Posts: 9,484
    Unless nuCamp offers the 3 way as part of the new 2019 model changes, it is not an option with the clamshell.
    Sharon / 2017 T@B CSS / 2015 Toyota Sienna Minivan / Westlake, Ohio