Water valve replacement for toilet

Anyone know where to order a water valve? The toilet is a Thetford (2015 T@B).  model number of toilet is 31646. On-line seems to have other model numbers. any input appreciated. Manufacturer is also having difficulty finding this part. photos might help

Barbara in Durango... T@B Max S 2015...Red & White... pull with 2016 Toyota Forerunner

Comments

• VernaVerna Member Posts: 6,878
    Call nüCamp, they will have the parts or can get them quickly. Some parts have a two year parts warranty on them.  Search for a thread by me about a part that needed to be replaced last fall 2016. 
    Verna, Columbus, IN
    2021 T@B 320S  Boondock “The T@B”
    Towed by a white 2019 Ford F-150 4x4 Supercab, 3.5L V6 Ecoboost “The Truck”
  • luvmytabluvmytab Member Posts: 66
    thanks Verna, I did call nucamp and spoke to Elsie and she and a fellow worker did not have a clue even though I had the model number and name. I sent her the photos and hopefully tomorrow morn we will get the part ordered. I will check the warranty as you suggest. 
    Barbara in Durango... T@B Max S 2015...Red & White... pull with 2016 Toyota Forerunner
  • VernaVerna Member Posts: 6,878
    Marvin was the one who knew what was wrong and he knew which part was needed. He now works in Warranty, but maybe Elsie can talk to him. 
    Verna, Columbus, IN
    2021 T@B 320S  Boondock “The T@B”
    Towed by a white 2019 Ford F-150 4x4 Supercab, 3.5L V6 Ecoboost “The Truck”
  • ChanWChanW Member Posts: 3,158
    edited June 2017
    I bought one for ours on Amazon. Ours is a 2014 (late 2013)

Cheap, $20. Easy replacement. (Honest, Verna!  =)  )

Here's the link:
    https://www.amazon.com/Thetford-31705-Aqua-Magic-Toilet-Assembly/dp/B002UC1AYQ
    Chan  -  near Buffalo NY
    2014 S Maxx
    2011 Tacoma 4cyl ... edit: 2022 Tacoma 6cyl - oh yeah! 

A_Little_T@b'll_Do_Ya
    thank you, chanw! got it ordered and arriving Friday. BTW, i love your little tabl do ya.
    and thank you for your info, verna!

ok, part is in. the mobile RV repairman charged me $150 to pull the toilet and identify the problem as the water valve.(he also helped up a bit(10-15 min) with the winterizing  Anyone install this themselves? My son has installed toilets in my home and his. Would love any input, before i call back the mobile guy.
  • Mr_Mrs_GnomeMr_Mrs_Gnome Member Posts: 241
    @luvmytab, where did you find the model number? I just got my 2017 Outback out of storage and the black fitting popped off when I turned on the pump.
    '17 Outback S - TV 2016 Chevy Colorado in "Colorful Colorado"
    @ChanW, did you pull the toilet to replace or have it done?
  • ChanWChanW Member Posts: 3,158
    edited April 2018
    Thanks Barbara

@luvmytab, yes I installed it. It was a breeze. The (rubber) seal for the toilet to the black tank was included in the 'kit', so no worries about cleaning up wax.

@Mr_Mrs_Gnome, isn't the above link to the Amazon part correct anymore? here:
    https://www.amazon.com/Thetford-31705-Aqua-Magic-Toilet-Assembly/dp/B002UC1AYQ
    Chan  -  near Buffalo NY
    2014 S Maxx
    2011 Tacoma 4cyl ... edit: 2022 Tacoma 6cyl - oh yeah! 

A_Little_T@b'll_Do_Ya
    @ChanW, the link is fine. I was just wondering how to pull/reinstall the commode and identify if I have the same model as Barbara.
  • dragonsdoflydragonsdofly Member Posts: 1,925
    @Mr_Mrs_Gnome, DH pulled our toilet and replaced our valve last year, June,  2017. He says very good directions are included with the valve. The toilet reinstall is only  2 bolts. The commode is seated on a foam gasket, not wax like in the home. Said foam gasket comes with the valve replacement so you will be good to go. Tip: someone with long arms makes it easier!
    2017 t@b sofitel(Dr@gonsFly)TV 2015 Silverado 2500hd(Behemoth). Wyandotte, Michigan.
    Draco dormiens numquam titilandus.
    Thanks @dragonsdofly! Sadly I’m 5’3”. Gnomies don’t have very long arms. I might be able to borrow an elf, though!
  • dragonsdoflydragonsdofly Member Posts: 1,925
    edited April 2018
    @Mr_Mrs_Gnome, then you probably have the manueverability advantage in the lieu my DH at 6', 220 lbs didn't. But all in all, sounds like you have a plan!
    2017 t@b sofitel(Dr@gonsFly)TV 2015 Silverado 2500hd(Behemoth). Wyandotte, Michigan.
    Draco dormiens numquam titilandus.
  • jkjennjkjenn Member Posts: 6,391
    What both @Mr_Mrs_Gnome lack in height they more than compensate for in charm.  =)

2021 T@b 320 Boondock "Mattie Ross" | 2021 T@b Nights: 239 | Total nights in a T@b 455 | 2022 Jeep Grand Cherokee L Overland | T@b owner since 2014

• jkjennjkjenn Member Posts: 6,391
    Great write-up, Fergie.

2021 T@b 320 Boondock "Mattie Ross" | 2021 T@b Nights: 239 | Total nights in a T@b 455 | 2022 Jeep Grand Cherokee L Overland | T@b owner since 2014

• FergieFergie Member Posts: 143