Options

2015 T@B Outback Edition

2»

Comments

• Options
    sabelsabel Member Posts: 283

Sorry to change the topic, sort of, but I couldn't help notice on the photo of the front window, that the plastic casing looked like it had a sag in it on the top. This was an earlier forum topic and it looks like it hasn't been corrected by the factory, at least on the Outback.

Have any of you come up with a solution to this problem?

• Options
    jkjennjkjenn Member Posts: 6,391

Sable, it's one of the warranty items they are looking at on my T@b. It deems to be a consistent problem.

2021 T@b 320 Boondock "Mattie Ross" | 2021 T@b Nights: 239 | Total nights in a T@b 455 | 2022 Jeep Grand Cherokee L Overland | T@b owner since 2014

• Options
    BgkirkBgkirk Member Posts: 66
    We were able to install two 6 volt batteries in our Diamond Plate front area with the propane mounted to the left side.

Brian Kirk - 2015 T@Bulous CS-S M@x - Portland Or
  • Options
    DurangoTaBDurangoTaB Member Posts: 754
    Brian...do you have much experience with how the 2 x 6volt batteries are working for you?

J.D. & Sue

Durango, CO    2014/15 S M@xx :  "Dory's HabiT@B"  Keep on swimming...

• Options
    BgkirkBgkirk Member Posts: 66
    Just a little in the T@B.  We are going out next week for about a week to Northern CA.  I have experience in other RV's with the 6 volt batteries and loved them.
    Brian Kirk - 2015 T@Bulous CS-S M@x - Portland Or
  • Options
    mash2mash2 Member Posts: 581
    Have they reduced the size of the tongue box?.  I just measured mine ('06) and the tongue box is 30" wide and 15" deep.  I say this because before I moved my batteries inside, I had two Group 27 (Lifeline GPL-27T) installed in the tongue box area.  It was a tight fit but worked well for a year (the propane on the old ones is in the left hand rear corner of the tongue box).  

I attached a shelf in the base of the tongue box that was cut to fit all the available space (and bolted to the bracketing bars along the base of the box and 1"X1" around to hold the batteries in place) and added strapss thru the shelf.  The space managed to fit (tightly) two group 27 batteries, one horizontal along the front and as far left as possible (near the propane tank), and the second turned at a 20 degree angle and set back in the right corner.  I can't imagine that the new ones won't hold a single 27 battery, although you may have to abandon the battery holder and construct a version that will hold the battery and tie this to the bracketing to ensure nothing moves. 
  • Options
    XPADREXXPADREX Member Posts: 311
    How much is the roof rack? I might like to add one to my 2014 S
    LOCATION: Fort Raccoon; UNIT: 2014 T@b S M@xxxx; MISSION: To have fun, make a difference, and make some friends along the way. Organ Donor Recipient- forever grateful. 
  • Options
    LarryLarry Member Posts: 25

Take a look at http://www.yakima.com/shop/racksystems/permanent-installation/tracks54-w-plusnuts.

Could these be mounted on a Tab Max. Does the Outback have additional reinforcement or is the roof the same as the Max?

Thanks!
    Lar

• Options
    Gary_LindaGary_Linda Member Posts: 1
    Has anyone towed an Outback down the 4x4 roads in Death Valley? If so, which ones and how did the little T@B perform? 
    Thanks!
  • Options
    NomadNomad Member Posts: 7,209
    Death Valley - Would be interested in that also. When I was there last year, many of the backroads warned to have a spare because of sharp rocks and punctures.