Options

Wheel bolt pattern diameter

DalehelmanDalehelman Member Posts: 2,410
Does anyone know what the bolt pattern diameter is on a Nu Camp T@B?
  1. Hash  T@B Fun

Comments

• Options
    ericnlizericnliz Member Posts: 4,437
    edited June 2017
    @Dalehelman , Wheel bolt pattern? 320, 400, or Outback? Might be a difference in bolt patterns for axle types. Sounds like 'ya got yer coffee cup & lawn chair out again!  =):coffee: What are 'ya up to now? :o
    2016 T@B MAX S-aka: WolfT@B
    TV: 2006 Chevy Avalanche LT Z71 aka: WhiteWolf, or 1972 Chevy Custom10 P/U aka: SnarlingWolf
    Spokane, Wa.
    Eric aka: Lone Wolf  

• Options
    DalehelmanDalehelman Member Posts: 2,410
    Looking  for a compact spare like the ones used on many cars these days. If I could find one with the proper bolt pattern and tire diameter I might consider using it as my trailer spare. I know they have speed and distance limits. The compact size might fit nicely under the T@B. 
    1. Hash  T@B Fun
  • Options
    edited June 2017
    @Dalehelman, It's either 5" on 5", or 5" on 4.5" depending on which axle you have on YOUR trailer. Go to the left column under "User Manuals/PDF Files/Videos & Resources" (one up from the bottom of the General list), go to Al-KO axle info, you'll find it there! Hope that helps. ;) just went out and measured my spare bracket, and mine is 5" on 4 1/4", so you might ant to take the spare & bracket off, and take the bracket with when you go to purchase a spare. Strange that it's different than what is listed. Give me a minute, and I'll go out & measure on one of my wheels on the trailer.
    TV: 2006 Chevy Avalanche LT Z71 aka: WhiteWolf, or 1972 Chevy Custom10 P/U aka: SnarlingWolf
    Spokane, Wa.

• Options
    Michigan_MikeMichigan_Mike Member Posts: 2,861
    edited June 2017
    Looking  for a compact spare like the ones used on many cars these days. If I could find one with the proper bolt pattern and tire diameter I might consider using it as my trailer spare. I know they have speed and distance limits. The compact size might fit nicely under the T@B. 
    I never carried a spare on my Silver Shadow as the donut spare on my Chevy Equinox fit the 5 lug pattern prefectly.  The lug pattern on the 320 T@B has to be close to it and a call to Dexter would get you the information you're looking for as they make the AL-Ko axles on the T@B's.  The axle identification number is located in the center of the axle.  

Mike - Elmira, Mi / 2019 T@B 400 / 2021 Chevy Silverado LTZ
  • Options
    @Michigan_Mike, probably a 5" on 5" pattern. The T@B shows 2 different patterns, (5"on5", or, 5"on 4.5") depending on the weight axle used, and/or pitch for the Outback. I'm going to go measure mine to see for sure. BRB!
    Spokane, Wa.

• Options
    @Dalehelman, and @Michigan_Mike, I went and measured both my wheels on the T@B ( 2016 T@B 320 S ), and the  spare, and the spare bracket. Came up with 5" on 4 1/4" all three measurements. Different than what Al-Ko manual states for the measurement, so not too sure if an axle change was made, or what. Dale, if you measure center to center on your lugs, (not next to each other, across the wheel center diagonally) that will give you the measurement you need.
    Spokane, Wa.

• Options
    Michigan_MikeMichigan_Mike Member Posts: 2,861
    ericnliz said:
    @Michigan_Mike, probably a 5" on 5" pattern. The T@B shows 2 different patterns, (5"on5", or, 5"on 4.5") depending on the weight axle used, and/or pitch for the Outback. I'm going to go measure mine to see for sure. BRB!
    Good stuff Eric!  Thanks for taking the time to check things out and verify the axle specs as my trailer is back in Linda's barn resting now and eating oats!   =)
    Mike - Elmira, Mi / 2019 T@B 400 / 2021 Chevy Silverado LTZ
  • Options
    @Michigan_Mike, Just don't let it git a case of collick! You'll be walkin' that sucker around fer days! :rofl:
    Spokane, Wa.

• Options
    peterbreupeterbreu Member Posts: 3
    I tried to use a normal compact spare on my 2018 320 and the diameter of the bearing hub is too big for a car spare.  You should take off a wheel and measure that.  Mine is about 66mm and the car spare was only 57mm in diameter
  • Options
    fstop32fstop32 Member Posts: 362
    edited November 2021
    @Dalehelman you probably know this already, I didn't...but I'm looking at the wheel spacer NuCamp put on my T@b because the body was improperly attached to the frame  :open_mouth:    All that to say when I researched measuring bolt patterns to buy a thinner spacer what I found was they measure from the center of one lug bolt to the outside edge of the second lug bolt away.  I would have thought it would be center point to center point...but no.
    My 2015 with the Al-Ko axle is what they refer to as a 5x4.5.  That might be where you are coming up with 4.25.

DaveR middleTN - 2015 320S  /  TV 2003 Tundra 4x4
  • Options
    Oops, I think that should have been to @Dalehelman attention...sorry.
  • Options
    Sharon_is_SAMSharon_is_SAM Administrator Posts: 9,496
    I fixed it for you @fstop32.
    Sharon / 2017 T@B CSS / 2015 Toyota Sienna Minivan / Westlake, Ohio
  • Options
    @Sharon_is_SAM , thank you for the save!  :)