Options

Fresh Water Drain - 2015 T@B CS-S

I have purchased a used 2015 CSS and need to sanitize the fresh water tank and system before camping for the first time. I've read where people state their drain is to the left of the step by the door. I don't see anything there. Can anyone with a 2015 CSS tell me where it is and what it looks like? I see this under the kitchen in the back-left of the trailer. But all I see is a red and blue hose. I don't see any sort of valve to drain the fresh water tank under the stove. Is the valve inside, under the sink?? 

And this is what it looks like under my sink/stove. If these are the drains, is there a valve inside that opens those up so I can drain the fresh water tank before sanitizing? 

Comments

• Options
    Z_GZ_G Member Posts: 38
    Have a 2016 cs-s .... tank drain valve is between the step and passenger wheel... just forward of the tire... the hot water drains from the the valve on the red pipes where the valve looks like it runs through floor... the alde overflow is the distinct I've flip valve
  • Options
    alchemistalchemist Member Posts: 39
    Okay. I figured it all out. The three hoses shown are for the fresh water tank, cold water line and hot water line. 

And the valves to open these drains are located under the sink/stove in the kitchen galley. 

• Options
    2Cougs2Cougs Member Posts: 911
    @alchemist - thank you, thank you, thank you! We are in the process of making our own owners manual with labeled pictures just like you made!  Yours are going in our notebook!!!  We are visual learners and pictures like yours are priceless!!!
    2016 T@B CS-S silver with white trim and WSU themed
    Pulled by a silver 2017 Chevy Silverado
    Leaves on T@bventures from Spokane, WA

• Options
    ScottGScottG Administrator Posts: 5,452
    I don't have a CS-S, but you've awakened my peculiar fascination with plumbing...

What is the additional blue line--the one with no apparent valve--that exits the floor just to the left of the fresh water tank valve? I've noticed nothing like that on the S model.
    2015 T@B S

• Options
    mpriolampriola Member Posts: 1
    @alchemist how did you open the fresh water valve?  I can't seem to get it to open when I pull up on the valve.  

2Cougs did you finish the manual?

I have a 2015 Tab CSS and trying to figure things out.  Thanks for your help!
  • Options
    2Cougs2Cougs Member Posts: 911
    @mpriola - HA!  It is just a collection of screen shots off of the forum of things we think we need to remember if we do not have internet access (especially about fuses, the Alde, and winterizing).  And we find that the majority of things out there are not about CS-S models.  You really need to make sure anything you are listening to is about the clamshell and it is a totally different beast.  We bought our trailer used so got nothing!   And to my knowledge nuCamp never made a CS-S only mannual.  If you want our hodge podge of things, private message me and I will attach them to an email.  Learning from each other is really the best.
    Some of those valves under the sink turn... not pull up.  Maybe try that?  Seems as tho they also made minor changes each year.  Ours is a 2016 so may be a titch different.
    2016 T@B CS-S silver with white trim and WSU themed
    Pulled by a silver 2017 Chevy Silverado
    Leaves on T@bventures from Spokane, WA

• Options
    Sharon_is_SAMSharon_is_SAM Administrator Posts: 9,513
    @mpriola - alchemist has not been on the forum since 2019.  If I had to guess, I would say pull up on the T handle to open the valve.  If that does not work, pull up and/or turn the top of the handle to parallel the hose.  
    Sharon / 2017 T@B CSS / 2015 Toyota Sienna Minivan / Westlake, Ohio
  • Options
    MickerlyMickerly Member Posts: 356
    My '18 CS-S has metal valves that turn. I would look in the non-CS manual. They probably used the same valves, they are just in the front.

Something I did was borrow a label maker and labeled all the valves.

2018 320CS-S
    "Just Enough"
  • Options
    MarcelineMarceline Member Posts: 1,505
    mpriola said:
    @alchemist how did you open the fresh water valve?  I can't seem to get it to open when I pull up on the valve.  

2Cougs did you finish the manual?

I have a 2015 Tab CSS and trying to figure things out.  Thanks for your help!
    I have a 2013 CSS and it has the water tank in the back (in the galley) and it has at T-valve as shown in alchemist's photo above to drain it. It's a yellow valve and I pull straight up on it. It doesn't move a lot when it opens - maybe an inch or so.
    San Francisco Bay Area
    2013 CS-S us@gi
    Battered but trusty 3.5l V6 Hyundai Santa Fe
    2015 Toyota Tacoma PreRunner Double Cab