Options

Heading out tomorrow on our very first T@B cross country. Few questions please...

gkillmastergkillmaster Member Posts: 89
edited August 2017 in Tips & Tricks
We just bought our T@B Q Maxx (2017) and The air-conditioner never gets as cool as our car air conditioners. I'm talking about just holding your hand in front. My 2001 Toyota Echo get noticeably much cooler. Is this normal? The dealer seems to think it is.

Also, I've read a few opinions about tire pressure for both the trailer and our 2005 Toyota Tacoma Truck that is towing it. Can someone please let me know what good starting tire pressures you tend to use?

Many thanks!

Greg K.

Comments

• Options
    marknjudymarknjudy Member Posts: 378
    It's hard to say as it's a little subjective. I've found that the AC struggles a bit to keep the cabin cool in the heat of a Texas summer day but can freeze you out overnight. However even during the hottest day I feel like you can feel a noticeable difference in temperature coming from the AC. 
    Mark - 2016 T@b Max S (Silver/Red), 2012 F-150
  • Options
    Sharon_is_SAMSharon_is_SAM Administrator Posts: 9,495
    This may be the answer re the A/C. &nbsp;It concerns the fresh air intake. &nbsp;<br><br>http://tab-rv.vanillaforums.com/discussion/3564/air-conditioning-unit-change-out-part-2-ac-cabinet-modification#latest
    Sharon / 2017 T@B CSS / 2015 Toyota Sienna Minivan / Westlake, Ohio
  • Options
    ScottGScottG Administrator Posts: 5,428
    The sticker on my 2015 T@B indicates 50psi for the trailer tires. However, this may be a little stiff given that the T@B is relatively light. I think I run mine ~40-42psi and that seems to work well.

Proper inflation pressure for your truck should be listed on a sticker inside the driver's door. I like to run mine a few pounds stiffer than what's indicated, but I don't change it for towing.

Tire pressure has been discussed here in the past--you might find more info if you search around.
    2015 T@B S

• Options
    gkillmastergkillmaster Member Posts: 89
    Thanks everyone! Dealer recommended 50 psi for out t@b maxx 2017 trailer.
  • Options
    Michigan_MikeMichigan_Mike Member Posts: 2,861
    Thanks everyone! Dealer recommended 50 psi for our t@b maxx 2017 trailer.
    If the trailer bounces when you are towing it you might want to let some air out of the trailer tires.  I run about 40-45 pounds in my tires and have eliminated the bounce experienced and this works for me.  
    Mike - Elmira, Mi / 2019 T@B 400 / 2021 Chevy Silverado LTZ