Options

Remote temperature monitoring

this has probably been discussed but my search turned up very little info on this forum. we will be boondocking in northern New Mexico this summer and need a way to monitor interior temperature remotely. we will be doing some mountain biking and will leave the dogs in the T@b.  no wifi at the park where we will be staying. so what devices have people used for this and were you happy with it?  ideally we do not want something that requires a monthly fee as we'll only need this a few times a year.  thanks for any input!

Comments

• Options
    Zurdo5150Zurdo5150 Member Posts: 24
    edited August 2017
    Very good question! I'm adopting a dog soon before I set out to circumnavigate the country!
    I hadn't considered that issue. I don't bike but I'm sure there will be times I need to leave him occasionally.
    I googled it and this was the first thing that showed up. I'm sure there are others like it out there.
    https://rvpetsafety.com/
    2017 Silver/Black T@G XL MAX
  • Options
    jkjennjkjenn Member Posts: 6,391
    I have looked into a few options. Nimble RV pet monitor and Canary are probably two of the top options.

FWIW, When I spent time in AZ and UT last summer, the T@b a/c couldn't keep up with temps above 90 for long. By 2:00 PM, the T@B became quite uncomfortable. I would recommend getting up early to bike and be back before lunch. 

It might help if you put a shelter like the Cottonwood over the T@b.

2021 T@b 320 Boondock "Mattie Ross" | 2021 T@b Nights: 239 | Total nights in a T@b 455 | 2022 Jeep Grand Cherokee L Overland | T@b owner since 2014

• Options
    boudinboudin Member Posts: 6
    Assuming you have cell coverage, and two cell phones, one of which has a tethering plan. There any number of wifi enabled remote temp devices on Amazon that would work. 
    2017 T@B CS-S MAX towed by a 2019 Jeep Grand Cherokee V8 HEMI (barely know the T@B is there!) 
  • Options
    Sharon_is_SAMSharon_is_SAM Administrator Posts: 9,512
    I'll bet a canopy with a reflective  coating would deflect a lot of heat.  Ours has a silver inside for UV protection, but not sure about actual geat deflection.  
    Sharon / 2017 T@B CSS / 2015 Toyota Sienna Minivan / Westlake, Ohio