Options

Hello from South Texas

GydnewGydnew Member Posts: 1
edited July 2017 in Introductions
Hi everyone! I'm a current Little Guy 5x10 Silver Shadow owner. This is our third summer with it. While we love it, we are starting to look at slightly bigger options so that we have a place to be if the weather is nasty. We just spent two weeks camping in Tennessee and it rained every day!

We are currently in the research phase. No matter what, we will need to invest in a new tow vehicle before anything else so we won't be getting a new trailer for at least a year. We have been crawling through all the new micro trailer options that are out there and are really most interested in either a T@B 400 or an R-Pod. I want something where I don't need to build the bed everyday which is why the 400 is on my radar versus the T@G or other T@Bs. There is a significant price difference between the R-Pod and the T@B 400 but I know it is in the quality of construction and the details. 

I'll be lurking to find out what people think of their 400's. I haven't been in one yet but am hoping there will be one at Princesscraft RV when I am in Austin in 2 weeks.

~wendy
Wendy & Will Gilbert in McAllen, TX, 2016 5x10 Silver Shadow TV 2009 Ford Edge
"The Blanket Fort"

Comments

• Options
    foxdenfoxden Member Posts: 148
    Hi Wendy.  I can't tell you anything about the 400 but the people at Princess Craft are great to work with and the NuCamp quality is hard to beat.  Good luck with your search!
    2017 Max S - Silver/Red - T@briolet -  2016 Jeep Cherokee - Fredericksburg, TX
  • Options
    ericnlizericnliz Member Posts: 4,437
    @Gydnew, First of all, love your "blanket fort" logo!!!!! Brought back a lot of good 'when I was a kid' memories! Good decision on the TV first, trailer later. A year will give you ample time to do some research, and make a really good decision. It will also allow time for some good feed-back on the new T@B 400 model from current owners. If you have a chance to go inside one, please give your perspective, and some feed-back here so other folks looking at the 400 can have another opinion as well. Thanks, and good luck!!!
    2016 T@B MAX S-aka: WolfT@B
    TV: 2006 Chevy Avalanche LT Z71 aka: WhiteWolf, or 1972 Chevy Custom10 P/U aka: SnarlingWolf
    Spokane, Wa.
    Eric aka: Lone Wolf  

• Options
    RatkityRatkity Member Posts: 3,770
    Hello!! You'll love going from the LG to something bigger. I did the same thing. Welcome and love your logo too!!
    2017 820R Retro Toy Hauler from 2015 Tabitha T@B from 2009 Reverse LG Teardrop (but a T@Bluver at heart)
  • Options
    Sharon_is_SAMSharon_is_SAM Administrator Posts: 9,506
    Well, if you like the outdoor kitchen, we leave our bed made up and use an attached tent as our living room.  Something to consider.
    Sharon / 2017 T@B CSS / 2015 Toyota Sienna Minivan / Westlake, Ohio
  • Options
    dragonsdoflydragonsdofly Member Posts: 1,926
    Welcome! Sounds like you have a plan and time to make it happen.  Good luck! 
    2017 t@b sofitel(Dr@gonsFly)TV 2015 Silverado 2500hd(Behemoth). Wyandotte, Michigan.
    Draco dormiens numquam titilandus.