Advice for t@b 400 factory mods

Our dealer has told us that our 400 on order will have all the factory options except for the solar panel. But I hear on this forum that people often request 'custom' factory add-ons, like a second battery or even the high altitude ALDE kit.  Can I get some input on available factory mods for the 400? Thanks so much!

Comments

• Sharon_is_SAMSharon_is_SAM Administrator Posts: 9,460
    There is not a list.  You need to negotiate with the dealer/ factory.  Just tell them what you want and they will let you know if they can accommodate your request.
    Sharon / 2017 T@B CSS / 2015 Toyota Sienna Minivan / Westlake, Ohio
  • CyclonicCyclonic Member Posts: 1,232
    The factory is currently not offering and modifications or customizations to the 400.  Right now it is just the available options.

States the T@Bpole has camped, so far ;)
    Nathan & Becky... 2013 Ford F150 FX4 TAB HLR... 2012 LG T@B T@Bpole.
    Sterling, VA
  • RatkityRatkity Member Posts: 3,770
    Cyclonic said:
    The factory is currently not offering and modifications or customizations to the 400.  Right now it is just the available options.
    Understandable as they ramp up production to sell the campers with the available options to get them out the door to excited customers. The high altitude Alde kit may be above what most dealers are comfortable with (never know), but the dealers are used to adding a dual batteries in campers.
    2017 820R Retro Toy Hauler from 2015 Tabitha T@B from 2009 Reverse LG Teardrop (but a T@Bluver at heart)
  • HomebodyatheartHomebodyatheart Member Posts: 2,491
    @AMac I had the dealer trade the 24 battery in my ordered T@b for a 27 and paid the difference. They figured out the simple bracketing changes needed and I got a bigger battery. I didn't have to mess with it and they did it correctly!
    2017 T@B 320 Max S silver and cherry red, L@dybug ("Bug" aka my esc@pe pod), TV 2015 Toyota Highlander aka Big Red
  • jkjennjkjenn Member Posts: 6,389
    You might get the dealer to do some mods, like add outlets. The new 400 comes with a 235 ah AGM battery. No real need to swap there, unless you are doing something seriously custom like converting to lithium.

2021 T@b 320 Boondock "Mattie Ross" | 2021 T@b Nights: 239 | Total nights in a T@b 455 | 2022 Jeep Grand Cherokee L Overland | T@b owner since 2014

• AMacAMac Member Posts: 75
    I see elsewhere that we can order our 400 without the graphics. We are considering that.
  • ericnlizericnliz Member Posts: 4,437
    @Cyclonic, Nathan, curiosity question: Do you know if the T@B 400 solar panels include a controller for the panels? Haven't noticed any mention of it, so thought I'd ask. Thanks.
    2016 T@B MAX S-aka: WolfT@B
    TV: 2006 Chevy Avalanche LT Z71 aka: WhiteWolf, or 1972 Chevy Custom10 P/U aka: SnarlingWolf
    Spokane, Wa.
    Eric aka: Lone Wolf