Freight and dealer prep fees when buying?

Is freight and dealer prep fees pretty standard when buying a T@B or T@G?

Comments

• Sharon_is_SAMSharon_is_SAM Administrator Posts: 9,461
    Yes.  Dealer may not itemize, but most people pay for shipping from the factory on new orders anyway.
    Sharon / 2017 T@B CSS / 2015 Toyota Sienna Minivan / Westlake, Ohio
  • drpprmtdrpprmt Member Posts: 117
    Just like buying a car....everything is negotiable.  However, shipping is a fixed cost that the dealer WILL recoup.  Dealer prep is an internal cost and there may be some negotiation here.  Any RV or auto dealer will burn a unit before selling it for less than it actually cost them after they figure in all the factory discounts which  we never completely see.
  • blackc2004blackc2004 Member Posts: 117
    Thanks... I was wondering how that worked because I got two quotes for basically the same unit and they were only a few hundred dollars off for the list price but one dealer said "no freight, prep, etc just tax, title and tags" and the other one added $1600 in freight and prep fees. 

I wish RVs came like cars with a window sticker. :) 
  • ericnlizericnliz Member Posts: 4,437
    I wish RVs came like cars with a window sticker. @blackc2004, Hmmmm, Interesting that you said that. Our dealer had a "sticker" on the counter top in the T@B so you could see the "incidentals". You might ask when their dealer order is due to come in, and see if you can include your "ordered" T@B to come at the same time. I know @Homebodyatheart did that with hers, and maybe she'll chime in as to how it worked for them. Sounds like you're being diligent in your "homework" prior to purchase. Good luck & let us know how it works out for you. :) 
    2016 T@B MAX S-aka: WolfT@B
    TV: 2006 Chevy Avalanche LT Z71 aka: WhiteWolf, or 1972 Chevy Custom10 P/U aka: SnarlingWolf
    Spokane, Wa.
    Eric aka: Lone Wolf  

• jkjennjkjenn Member Posts: 6,389
    The only extra I had was title, registration, and sales tax, which they quoted me with the purchase price.

2021 T@b 320 Boondock "Mattie Ross" | 2021 T@b Nights: 239 | Total nights in a T@b 455 | 2022 Jeep Grand Cherokee L Overland | T@b owner since 2014