Options

Cleaning connectors from TV to T@B

scaupscaup Member Posts: 81
What is the best and easiest way to clean the 7 pin connectors between the TV and the T@B?

Thanks

Comments

• Options
    ericnlizericnliz Member Posts: 4,437
    @scaup, Others might chime in here, but here's what I do: clean with a small brass brush (Harbor Freight is a good place to get 'em), and then use a Q-tip to apply a small amount of dielectric grease to both the TV end, and the trailer end. Makes for an easy connection, and keeps the corrosion to a minimum. Works on just about ANY electrical connection. I do the same thing for my shore power connector, and the Zamp connector as well.
    2016 T@B MAX S-aka: WolfT@B
    TV: 2006 Chevy Avalanche LT Z71 aka: WhiteWolf, or 1972 Chevy Custom10 P/U aka: SnarlingWolf
    Spokane, Wa.
    Eric aka: Lone Wolf  

• Options
    VernaVerna Member Posts: 6,878
    @ericnliz, I knew you would answer this!  Now where is it you buy the dielectric grease again?  Thanks!
    Verna, Columbus, IN
    2021 T@B 320S  Boondock “The T@B”
    Towed by a white 2019 Ford F-150 4x4 Supercab, 3.5L V6 Ecoboost “The Truck”
  • Options
    ericnlizericnliz Member Posts: 4,437
    edited August 2017
    :rofl: Any auto parts store carries it. Not sure about Harbor Freight, I'll have to look when the MRS. lifts my restriction from there! :s You can get it in either a small squeeze type tube, or a container with a brush in the lid. I use it a lot, so I opt for the container. A lot of the parts stores don't stock the containers, but will order it from their warehouse for you. ;)
    2016 T@B MAX S-aka: WolfT@B
    TV: 2006 Chevy Avalanche LT Z71 aka: WhiteWolf, or 1972 Chevy Custom10 P/U aka: SnarlingWolf
    Spokane, Wa.
    Eric aka: Lone Wolf  

• Options
    ScottGScottG Administrator Posts: 5,427
    I've never cleaned mine, but when the cursing over the resistant plug reaches a certain minimum (and it's getting there...) I'm gonna' do what ericnliz suggests. I might even start with a puff of compressed air to blow out any lingering dust and grit.

I've had dielectric grease hanging around for a while. I think I got it an an electrical supply place, so you might look there as well.
    2015 T@B S

• Options
    Sharon_is_SAMSharon_is_SAM Administrator Posts: 9,498
    Verna, I bought a small tube from Amazon.
    Sharon / 2017 T@B CSS / 2015 Toyota Sienna Minivan / Westlake, Ohio