Options

Just Ordered Our T@B 400

Last week we ordered our new T@B 400 from Princess Craft here in Texas.  Problem is that they never have 400's on the lot. 400's go out to new owners as soon as they arrive. 
We would like to have some cabinet and under-bed dimensions so we can begin looking for proper size plastic containers while we are waiting for delivery.  Will a 400 owner please help us with dimensions for above sink cabinet and under bed storage areas?
Thanks,
Alan and Joan

2018 T@B 400  Jeep GC
Alan & Joan Fisher
Austin, TX

Comments

• Options
    HomebodyatheartHomebodyatheart Member Posts: 2,497
    I can't help with dimensions, but wanted to congratulate you on your new T@b 400! Do you have an estimated delivery date? Since these are new and flying off the lots when they have them, ordering is a good choice! Enjoy the journey!
    2017 T@B 320 Max S silver and cherry red, L@dybug ("Bug" aka my esc@pe pod), TV 2015 Toyota Highlander aka Big Red
  • Options
    WanderinginWonderWanderinginWonder Member Posts: 47
    edited August 2017
    @calan For the above sink cabinet excluding the hinge area it is 32 1/2" wide x 11" deep and 12 1/2" tall. There is a support in the middle of the cabinet (in the same hinge area) that would prevent a single container from going in. The under bed storage door is 24" wide x 8 1/4" tall but due to the battery placement any storage container to go through the door will have to be max 21" wide. It is 49 3/4" deep to the door. Once inside the useable storage dimensions (entering from inside the T@B) would be roughly 27" by 49 3/4". Hope that helps! If you have any other questions let me know. We are actually prepping it for a trip right now so we are in it alot tonight. 
    2018 T@B 400 Silver and Black "Luxo" / 2009 Jeep Grand Cherokee Laredo - Jeremy and Andrea - Southport, NC
  • Options
    RatkityRatkity Member Posts: 3,770
    Congratz @calan!!
    2017 820R Retro Toy Hauler from 2015 Tabitha T@B from 2009 Reverse LG Teardrop (but a T@Bluver at heart)
  • Options
    jkjennjkjenn Member Posts: 6,391
    Congrats, @Calan! I was jsut thinking that folkks who want to camp in a 400 next summer, better order one, now!

2021 T@b 320 Boondock "Mattie Ross" | 2021 T@b Nights: 239 | Total nights in a T@b 455 | 2022 Jeep Grand Cherokee L Overland | T@b owner since 2014

• Options
    Justin_in_SeattleJustin_in_Seattle Member Posts: 47
    calan said:
    Last week we ordered our new T@B 400 from Princess Craft here in Texas.  
    Congratulations on your purchase! Just curious...when will it arrive? Wondering what the estimated wait time is now.

For comparison, we encountered a 4 month wait when we ordered ours -- still 1 month to go.
    2018 nuCamp T@B 400  +  2016 BMW X1 tow vehicle
  • Options
    WillieontheRoadWillieontheRoad Member Posts: 34
    Thanks so much to all for your replies.  And, special thanks to WanderinginWonder for taking time to measure.  At this time we have no accurate deliver date, just know that we should get our 400 in December.  Then it's off to try our legs on a maiden voyage.
    Alan and Joan  

2018 T@B 400  Jeep GC
    Alan & Joan Fisher
    Austin, TX
  • Options
    Not a problem! Glad we could help!
    2018 T@B 400 Silver and Black "Luxo" / 2009 Jeep Grand Cherokee Laredo - Jeremy and Andrea - Southport, NC
  • Options
    DrewcarrieDrewcarrie Member Posts: 26
    We got ours yesterday and it is helpful having it in sight to guess what we need. Say the waste pipe, somewhere I read 15' will work. They didn't make the storage pipe long enough inside to fit this. Anyone out there to tell what they bought? I'm guessing a ten footer. The door latch rubs on the door seal which will create a hole in it, hopefully they will address that. The left hand cabinet door under the sink needs a magnet for it so it is easier to close right side. Solar power has the battery charged up and ready to get out of the driveway and check it out. We're off grid tent campers. The read out or input info controller could have been put in an easier place to read it's screen, say the closet. My extra solar panel doesn't have a display on it so I will have to put my glasses on and duck my head under the bed. We left the dealer yesterday and drove around to get a few things and practice backing the little thing up. Putting all the tidbits i pre bought in it this morning is when I found out about the pipe and that I already have to many flashlights. Anyone try an awning yet or learn any other tricks?
  • Options
    Congratulations to you too @Drewcarrie!!! 

I had a 15' and a 10' hose extension. There were times the 15' just didn't do it, but most of the time, it worked just fine. It may be because I wasn't good at getting close enough.

Sometimes, it wasn't that it didn't reach, but it wanted to escape from the dump station hole. Just of the dump station holes that you have to keep your foot on the hose bend so it doesn't pop out. A Long Time Ago when I was a lab rat, we used to have poly covered lead-weighted donuts that would hold a flask in a water bath so it didn't float up. It would be great if there was something like that for the output of the hose in the 'escape' situations. Maybe I haven't looked with the right search term. There are times when some enterprising person has found a flat rock and left it for others to help hold the output end of the hose.

What do you full-timers use?
    2017 820R Retro Toy Hauler from 2015 Tabitha T@B from 2009 Reverse LG Teardrop (but a T@Bluver at heart)
  • Options
    ericnlizericnliz Member Posts: 4,437
    @Drewcarrie, Congrats & let the adventures begin!!!
    2016 T@B MAX S-aka: WolfT@B
    TV: 2006 Chevy Avalanche LT Z71 aka: WhiteWolf, or 1972 Chevy Custom10 P/U aka: SnarlingWolf
    Spokane, Wa.
    Eric aka: Lone Wolf  

• Options
    VernaVerna Member Posts: 6,878
    Take two 2-pound dumbbells and get a black rubber bungee cord (remove the S hooks).  Wrap the ends of the bungee cord around the dumbbells and secure them with zip ties. Be sure to measure so the bungee cord goes over the hose, and the dumbbells almost reach the ground. I don't have a photo right now...the end result is a dumbbell on either side of the hose elbow going into the sewer with a rubber bungee going over the hose, keeping the dumbbells in place. And yes, you can pay a lot more $$ for a premade up weight to do the same purpose. 
    Verna, Columbus, IN
    2021 T@B 320S  Boondock “The T@B”
    Towed by a white 2019 Ford F-150 4x4 Supercab, 3.5L V6 Ecoboost “The Truck”
  • Options
    I just use my left foot, ....er right....which ever works at the time. ;)
    TV: 2006 Chevy Avalanche LT Z71 aka: WhiteWolf, or 1972 Chevy Custom10 P/U aka: SnarlingWolf
    Spokane, Wa.

• Options
    @Verna, If 'ya go to the dump station, and there's a line, you can usually find AT LEAST two dumbbells in that line. Just have one on one side & one on the other using the old "foot" method! :o
    Spokane, Wa.

• Options
    Wait, wait @ericnliz.. isn't that called a husband-wife dump team?? :lol:
  • Options
    skwheeskwhee Member Posts: 246
    Solar power has the battery charged up and ready to get out of the driveway and check it out. We're off grid tent campers. The read out or input info controller could have been put in an easier place to read it's screen, say the closet. My extra solar panel doesn't have a display on it so I will have to put my glasses on and duck my head under the bed. 
    @Drewcarrie
    Actually there is an app that we find very useful. Although we opted to not get the rooftop solar we did get the Grape Solar Controller that is located under the bed. The app works beautifully.

You can find the app in the iPhone app store by searching for "solar app nansong zhang". Once you have downloaded the app, you'll need the admin password: 135790123

For the Android app, email 
    support@grapesolar.com and request the app for the Grape Solar 40A Controller. 

Welcome to the T@B-400 community. May you have many wonderful adventures. Looking forward to meeting you at one of the gatherings or somewhere out there on the road!

Happy Trails!
    Steve and Karen Cullowhee, North Carolina 2008 Ford F150 --2018 T@B 400
  • Options
    edited August 2017
    @Ratkity, .....maybe.... :|
    @skwhee, Wow, good info! That's what I like about this Forum, folks sharing ideas & discoveries! Thanks for passing that one along! :)
    Spokane, Wa.

• Options
    @Drewcarrie we use a 15' sewer hose in our 400 and with caps and everything and it just fits. Congrats on your 400. Hope you have as much fun in yours as we are!
  • Options
    VernaVerna Member Posts: 6,878
    @calan, you did send me a private message, which I answered. I have sent you another private message. An Admin is the only one who can help you. Please reply to my message. Thank you. 
    Verna, Columbus, IN
    2021 T@B 320S  Boondock “The T@B”
    Towed by a white 2019 Ford F-150 4x4 Supercab, 3.5L V6 Ecoboost “The Truck”