• Options
    jgram2jgram2 Member Posts: 1,522
    Congratulations. Fine looking TV!
    John, Judi, Guinness & OD in PDX
    T@Bit@t 2015 S Max Outback, ‘18 V6 4Runner 

• Options
    RoameyRoamey Member Posts: 239
    edited August 2017
    Wow, nice color coordination!  Could probably even put bikes in crew cab. 
       T@B trip wherever
    New surprises everyday
       See beautiful world
  • Options
    RatkityRatkity Member Posts: 3,770
    VERY nice! Congrats, but very sorry your old TV died mid-trip. Just think, it died happily doing what it was meant to do... driving you around safely while you were doing an awesome trip. Farewell thee, Volvo!! You served them well.
    2017 820R Retro Toy Hauler from 2015 Tabitha T@B from 2009 Reverse LG Teardrop (but a T@Bluver at heart)
  • Options
    MortyandDottieMortyandDottie Member Posts: 37
    I'd be interested to know what made you go the route of a truck vs. another suv?  We are approaching that same cross roads with potentially replacing out TV.  Looking forward to chatting next month as well
    Charles, Dee and the Dogs, Poulsbo WA

2017 Silver on Silver T@B S Outback

2017 RAM 1500 EcoDiesel
  • Options
    ericnlizericnliz Member Posts: 4,437
    edited August 2017
    @2Cougs, Nice choice!!! You're going to love it!!! Graphics in store to match your T@B? ;)
    Now 'ya just need to edit your signature settings to match your new TV. Congrats!!! Travel on, be safe out there & enjoy.
    2016 T@B MAX S-aka: WolfT@B
    TV: 2006 Chevy Avalanche LT Z71 aka: WhiteWolf, or 1972 Chevy Custom10 P/U aka: SnarlingWolf
    Spokane, Wa.
    Eric aka: Lone Wolf  

• Options
    rkj__rkj__ Member Posts: 641
    Congratulations on the new truck.   I hope it serves you well.   
    2016 T@b 320 CS-S - 2018 GMC Sierra - St. Catharines, Ontario, Canada
  • Options
    HomebodyatheartHomebodyatheart Member Posts: 2,497
    Wow! Nice ride! You are both really stylin' now! I love the truck, and the peace of mind you must have right now is priceless! Enjoy the eclipse!
    2017 T@B 320 Max S silver and cherry red, L@dybug ("Bug" aka my esc@pe pod), TV 2015 Toyota Highlander aka Big Red
  • Options
    jacquelineyanezjacquelineyanez Member Posts: 1
    It's great the way these transport companies are working to provide the best possible services to their clients.  My colleagues went for camping last week, the car broke down on the way, while searching online for auto transport Santa Monica they got a useful source with which they were successful in towing the car to the destination. Really happy to know about such professionals.

• Options
    RollingBnBRollingBnB Member Posts: 322
    Good choice for a tv. Don't even feel the Tab behind us.
    2020 Tiffin Open Road
    2020 Nissan Versa Toad 
    Alan & Patty
    Southern Az
  • Options
    JanandDaveJanandDave Member Posts: 119
    @2Cougs

We feel your pain, and maybe should start a club.  :|

Last December Jan and I did a two week adventure to the Florida panhandle. Planned on a two day trip back to Iowa with a one night stay in northern Alabama at Wall Doxie SP. It was getting cold. Left early for the final leg home. Drained all the tanks, put some antifreeze in the traps, but didn't blow out the water lines. It was Christmas Eve.

While on the interstate somewhere in northern Arkansas, I remember seeing a large puff of black smoke zip by the T@B in the rear view mirror. We were concerned, but the Subie seemed to be fine and there were no other indications of any problems.

Just east of St. Louis, we pulled off to refuel. It is now down to 10 degrees and snowing. Got about five miles from the gas station on a rural two lane and BOOM. Was able to get off the road, but the car wasn't going anywhere.

A nearby farmer helped us find a towing service and two hours later the Subie is on the flatbed with T@B in tow. They took us to their secure yard where we could get power to the T@B and fire up the Alde to keep the pipes from freezing. Spent the next three days (it's Xmas, nothing is open) in a hotel in Highland, IL. waiting for repairs. It's now down to minus 5 degrees, still snowing with 30mph winds.

Turned out we had a CV joint explode. New front axle and on the road again. Six months previously, I had replaced both front axles so they were under warranty. Made it home safe with no damage to the T@B, though it was covered in salt. After reimbursement from the insurance company, the parts supplier and my mechanic, the whole ordeal cost $45 including the hotel.

Will always wonder what people thought when seeing the Subie, the kayaks and the T@B all heading north in near blizzard conditions.

Can't wait for the next adventure.  :)
    2016 T@B 320 Max S  "T@BsentMinded"
    2009 Subaru Outback R 3.0
    2022 Ford Ranger XLT Super Cab