Options

Eclipse Camping

JeanneJeanne Member Posts: 65
If you are out camping for the Eclipse on Monday post pictures and tell us where. 
We are in Sumpter, OR, at a friends privitely built rv park, where we will
see the total eclipse of the sun. Also having a lot of fun. 
2014 T@B S Max, TV 2012 Jeep Grand Cherokee Overland Summit, Richland, WA

Comments

• Options
    RatkityRatkity Member Posts: 3,770
    Excellent!!
    2017 820R Retro Toy Hauler from 2015 Tabitha T@B from 2009 Reverse LG Teardrop (but a T@Bluver at heart)
  • Options
    Michigan_MikeMichigan_Mike Member Posts: 2,861
    Wish I was there and will have to hope and pray I'm around for the next one in April 2024 that will be closer.  
    Mike - Elmira, Mi / 2019 T@B 400 / 2021 Chevy Silverado LTZ
  • Options
    jkjennjkjenn Member Posts: 6,391
    Wish I was there and will have to hope and pray I'm around for the next one in April 2024 that will be closer.  
    That made my decision not to burn vacation days for this one, Mike. 

2021 T@b 320 Boondock "Mattie Ross" | 2021 T@b Nights: 239 | Total nights in a T@b 455 | 2022 Jeep Grand Cherokee L Overland | T@b owner since 2014

• Options
    mgreen2mgreen2 Member Posts: 87
    Canal campground on land between the lakes, near Paducah, KY
  • Options
    ericnlizericnliz Member Posts: 4,437
    I'm right there with 'ya on the dog scenario. Don't mind dogs at all, just the annoying untrained owners! :D
    2016 T@B MAX S-aka: WolfT@B
    TV: 2006 Chevy Avalanche LT Z71 aka: WhiteWolf, or 1972 Chevy Custom10 P/U aka: SnarlingWolf
    Spokane, Wa.
    Eric aka: Lone Wolf  

• Options
    ericnliz said:
    I'm right there with 'ya on the dog scenario. Don't mind dogs at all, just the annoying untrained owners! :D
    Gosh, don't remind me!  I stepped in a pile at the rally down in Sugarcreek as am sure whoever walked by did so in the dark, let their dog drop a deuce and set me up with a landmine!  fighting0019gif  

Wouldn't have been so bad, but water resources were limited and it took a while to get the peanut butter off my hiking shoes!  smilio7gif

Oh well, all is well and back to the eclipse we go!  rock_outgif
  • Options
    TTTabTTTab Member Posts: 100
    My daughter got eclipse glasses for me.  I didn't make it to CO and NE soon glasses for me either Verna.  Hopefully next time I will be able to see it as well!

2015 T@B M@x S silver and white
    tv 2010 Lexus RX350 Matador red  
  • Options
    It'll be closer to Michigan in 7 years (if I'm still on the planet) as we have one happening again in April 2017 and no doubt I will only need to drive for an hour to Toledo to see the total eclipse of the sun.   
  • Options
    skwheeskwhee Member Posts: 246
    edited August 2017
    mgreen2 said:
    Canal campground on land between the lakes, near Paducah, KY
    @mgreen2
    Love that place, stayed there in July before heading to üCamp17!
    Steve and Karen Cullowhee, North Carolina 2008 Ford F150 --2018 T@B 400
  • Options
    TamsonWITamsonWI Member Posts: 25

St. Joseph Missouri has opened up a field next to the airport.  Hoping for clear skies tomorrow!
    Tamson and Shannon, Hudson, WI
    2017 T@B Outback MaxS, 2016 Toyota 4Runner Trail.
  • Options
    jgram2jgram2 Member Posts: 1,522
    It's begun! We're 30 miles east of Salem oregon. So far a tiny bite out of the sun at ~1 o'clock position. Odd and wonderful!
    John, Judi, Guinness & OD in PDX
    T@Bit@t 2015 S Max Outback, ‘18 V6 4Runner 

• Options
    The Totality was too brief to absorb. Of course, I don't think I'd want one long enough to get my mind around it as sunlessness  is antithetical to life. 2 min + xx seconds of umbra watching and I want to chase another. The return began as anticipated at ~ the 7 o'clock position and will be complete at ~ 11:38 where we are. Totally clear sky.

Perhaps some entrepreneur will market "Geriatric Eclipse Chasing" tours!

There were several tourists from Denmark here for the event.

Peace Be, Folks!
    Judi

• Options
    I was surprised at how the temperature fluctuated so much. Pretty awesome stuff though. They had an Eclipse watching party downtown Spokane. Really cool stuff for the kids because it was located by the Science Center.
    TV: 2006 Chevy Avalanche LT Z71 aka: WhiteWolf, or 1972 Chevy Custom10 P/U aka: SnarlingWolf
    Spokane, Wa.

• Options
    We didn't get but around 80% here in Michigan but it was still fun to watch and reminded me of being up in Alaska with the subdued lighting.  Could also feel the temperature fluctuation here too for a bit and the birds gathered in my neighbor's tree.  It was eerie...  
  • Options
    VernaVerna Member Posts: 6,878
    I made my shadow box and took a few pictures of the sun inside it, then I realized the photos would come out better if I zoomed in...DUH!  I noticed the temperature change, the crickets quit chirping and the cicadas stopped their sounds. Within five minutes all was back to normal, except the color of everything outdoors. It was like having the wrong shade of sunglasses on. 
    Verna, Columbus, IN
    2021 T@B 320S  Boondock “The T@B”
    Towed by a white 2019 Ford F-150 4x4 Supercab, 3.5L V6 Ecoboost “The Truck”
  • Options
    2Cougs2Cougs Member Posts: 905
    We are in Smith's Ferry, Idaho... ground zero... They say we are within 200 yds of zenith (100% totality by longitude and latitude) We are  camped at a church that sectioned off their field- over 1,000 well behaved people here.  Watching was great, but the drop of 20 degrees temp and the total darkness overcoming us was awesome!  Could even see stars!
    2016 T@B CS-S silver with white trim and WSU themed
    Pulled by a silver 2017 Chevy Silverado
    Leaves on T@bventures from Spokane, WA

• Options
    skwheeskwhee Member Posts: 246
    Decided that since our house was within the path of totality that it would be a great place from which to watch. We had a handful of family and friends gather for a party on our deck. Had some clouds but did get to see the corona! Got a fun shot of "pinhole" images through a colander! Now to get back on the road!

Steve and Karen Cullowhee, North Carolina 2008 Ford F150 --2018 T@B 400
  • Options
    HomebodyatheartHomebodyatheart Member Posts: 2,496
    Great pics of a great time! (PS - time to change your signature line to the new rig...  :) Thanks for the update. I was thinking of you both today. We had a great view of 92% here. Very cool stuff!
    2017 T@B 320 Max S silver and cherry red, L@dybug ("Bug" aka my esc@pe pod), TV 2015 Toyota Highlander aka Big Red
  • Options
    Wonderful photos! Honest to goodness, such wonder!

• Options
    @2Cougs, Thanks for sharing the photos. The BIG smiles on your faces made it feel good to know you didn't skip a beat, and are having a grand time. Hope to see you two pretty soon. Travel safe & happy camping!!! :)
    Spokane, Wa.

• Options
    TorzanneTorzanne Member Posts: 31
    My first time posting a photo, hope I resized correctly. We went to the Sierra foothills to escape the bay area fog (and always looking for an excuse to sleep in our T@B so 80% view was fine with us). Dog was more interested in deer and wild turkeys than the eclipse. 
  • Options
    @Torzanne, Thanks for sharing! Where abouts in the Sierra foothills? Smart dog, he didn't have his glasses on! ;)
    Spokane, Wa.

• Options
    TorzanneTorzanne Member Posts: 31
    @ericnliz, Tuttletown Recreation Area between Angels Camp and Sonora. It was hot and being a Sunday/Monday we had the entire back loop all to ourselves.
  • Options
    Let the good times roll! Sounds like a good time. :)
    Spokane, Wa.

• Options
    edited August 2017
    My buddy called me late yesterday afternoon on his way back north from Hopkins, Ky, while he was stuck in a parking lot headed north on the interstate!  He said that he was parked there for about an hour before things started to creep along again.  hystericalgif

10+ Of The Best Shots Of The 2017 Solar Eclipse
  • Options
    VernaVerna Member Posts: 6,878
    edited August 2017
    Amazon Prime to the rescue to make my shadow box:

Verna, Columbus, IN
    2021 T@B 320S  Boondock “The T@B”
    Towed by a white 2019 Ford F-150 4x4 Supercab, 3.5L V6 Ecoboost “The Truck”
  • Options
    Nice re-purpose!  ;)
    Spokane, Wa.

• Options
    JeanneJeanne Member Posts: 65
    We had a great crowd and lots of cheering at totality. 
    2014 T@B S Max, TV 2012 Jeep Grand Cherokee Overland Summit, Richland, WA