Options

T@b Newbie from northern California

TammaraTammara Member Posts: 34
edited August 2017 in Introductions
Greetings!
I bought my beautiful silver and blue 320 S a few weeks ago. After a shakedown trip to the coast to get away from the triple digit temps of the valley, my dogs and I made a week-long pilgrimage to Madras, Oregon for the eclipse.  I am so pleased with my rig. 

I have been reading the forums here for several months.  They have been very helpful as I was deciding what type of RV to purchase, as well as giving me ideas and hints about owning one. The BEST post to date, was from, I believe, Michigan Mike; he posted a YouTube link on backing up. SCORE! 

Back in the early 1990s, we (family of 4 then) had a 5th wheel that we drove around the country for 12 weeks (38 states, 3 Canadian provinces). Now that I am retired, I can fulfill my desire to travel again. I am starting with shorter trips of a week or two, while I learn how best to store everything, and build up my repertoire of skills. (My husband had taken care of all the maintenance of the vehicle/trailer and the icky job of dumping the tanks.)  

While I am a solo traveler, meeting people as I travel is very easy. RVers in general are friendly and helpful people. However, having my cute lil' trailer and my adorable pups as conversation starters really makes it easy.

Tammara
(Picture of the eclipse at totality)

2017 T@B 320 S     Jeep Cherokee 3.2L V6
States Visited Map

Comments

• Options
    RatkityRatkity Member Posts: 3,770
    Welcome! What a wonderful trip to start off your new travels :)

2017 820R Retro Toy Hauler from 2015 Tabitha T@B from 2009 Reverse LG Teardrop (but a T@Bluver at heart)
  • Options
    MarcelineMarceline Member Posts: 1,505
    Hi @Tammara
    There's a T@B rally in Pt Reyes (Marin County) from Oct 10  to 16.

Join this Facebook group to learn more: 
    https://www.facebook.com/groups/NorCalRally/

There is also an annual rally in May.

San Francisco Bay Area
    2013 CS-S us@gi
    Battered but trusty 3.5l V6 Hyundai Santa Fe
    2015 Toyota Tacoma PreRunner Double Cab
  • Options
    Sharon_is_SAMSharon_is_SAM Administrator Posts: 9,507
    Welcome!  They are great trailers aren't they?  There are a few Tabbers on the forum that are on the road more than not.  I am sure their reported advice and adventures will serve you well.
    Sharon / 2017 T@B CSS / 2015 Toyota Sienna Minivan / Westlake, Ohio
  • Options
    ericnlizericnliz Member Posts: 4,437
    Welcome aboard. Not only folks that are full-timers, but single travelers as well. If you have questions, please feel free to ask, you'll find very knowledgeable, helpful folks here. Happy adventures to you & again, welcome aboard!!! :)
    2016 T@B MAX S-aka: WolfT@B
    TV: 2006 Chevy Avalanche LT Z71 aka: WhiteWolf, or 1972 Chevy Custom10 P/U aka: SnarlingWolf
    Spokane, Wa.
    Eric aka: Lone Wolf  

• Options
    jgram2jgram2 Member Posts: 1,522
    edited August 2017
    @Tammara "While I am a solo traveler, meeting people as I travel is very easy. RVers in general are friendly and helpful people. However, having my cute lil' trailer and my adorable pups as conversation starters really makes it easy."

Heaven forbid you should find yourself in a situation where you really can't chat!  We'd just finished viewing Shoshone Falls outside Twin Falls Idaho, I had a huge melting soft serve cone in my hand, the two dogs were in the back of the TV trying to get to the cone, barking like crazy creatures, when 2 gentlemen approached from opposite directions wanting to ask about the T@B and I saw a bee diving for the door, the cone and me. If the bee got into the car, about 50 bystanders would have been subjected to a Chinese fire drill, so I frantically waved the cone at them said Yes yes, we love our T@B and sort of slammed the door in their faces. I felt horrible because we love answering questions and giving tours but my bee phobia overcame my normally chatty self.

So yes, meeting people will be the least of your worries! It's just so much fun!
    John, Judi, Guinness & OD in PDX
    T@Bit@t 2015 S Max Outback, ‘18 V6 4Runner 

• Options
    @Twojgrams, Better the door slam than your soft cone either in their face, or all over the inside of your car!!! :rofl:
    TV: 2006 Chevy Avalanche LT Z71 aka: WhiteWolf, or 1972 Chevy Custom10 P/U aka: SnarlingWolf
    Spokane, Wa.

• Options
    VernaVerna Member Posts: 6,878
    @Twojgrams, I would have done the same thing!  I wear a hat while outside this time of year, of course for sun protection, but also to swat those pesky yellow jackets!  Yes, I have plenty of Epi-Pens, but that is still a painful sting and the shots aren't much better.... except the shots help. 
    Verna, Columbus, IN
    2021 T@B 320S  Boondock “The T@B”
    Towed by a white 2019 Ford F-150 4x4 Supercab, 3.5L V6 Ecoboost “The Truck”
  • Options
    @Tammara and @ericnliz We're all such Ambassadors at large for the T@B! It's such a pleasure to reveal their "tiny house" accommodations!

• Options
    edited August 2017
    I'm thinkin' the soft ice cream cone would be a great "soothing" factor for the bee sting!!! Now I'm wantin' a DQ dip cone....YUMMMMM! ;)
    @Twojgrams, Yes indeed, we are certainly Ambassadors! The Zombies seem to come from out of nowhere at times, but I try to accommodate their curiosities. There have been a couple of times, there's a line!!!! Ha, just ask @Homebodyatheart about the bikers at the gas station coming back from Lincoln Rock this past spring!!! :rofl:
    Spokane, Wa.

• Options
    @Verna if I was allergic instead of just terrified of bees, I might turn into a foul weather camper. I'm so glad you carry the pens!

• Options
    @Twojgrams, :lol:, Now you sound like my youngest son! He's got ME stung twice while swatting at 'em while fishing!!! One flew up the sleeve of my shirt & got me multiple times!!!! :o:s I learned how to get a shirt off REAL fast that day!! He has a horrible phobia for bees to this day!!! ( The "foul weather camper" comment is STILL crackin' me up!!) :rofl:
    Spokane, Wa.

• Options
    @ericnliz so Liz carries a sewing kit to replace ripped buttons? Another thing to put on the list!

@Tammara - my bad for hijackling this thread-as you can well see, it's not just the Zombies who get sorta chatty. Under, around and all over the frivolities, we're happy to welcome you to this T@B menagerie. Happy T@bbing!

• Options
    @Twojgrams Ha, ha, a little hijackin' never hurt anybody! ;) (Just gotta know when to get out before the Magic Wand, or the Magic Eraser get 'ya!!!) Me thinks I hear the wand chargin' up, I'm outa' here............... =)
    Spokane, Wa.

• Options
    TammaraTammara Member Posts: 34
    You are welcome to hijack my thread anytime. Sidebar conversations are usually entertaining, and this one is a good example.

ericnliz said:
    @Twojgrams, Yes indeed, we are certainly Ambassadors! The Zombies seem to come from out of nowhere at times, but I try to accommodate their curiosities. There have been a couple of times, there's a line!!!! Ha, just ask @Homebodyatheart about the bikers at the gas station coming back from Lincoln Rock this past spring!!! :rofl:
    Had an experience going up to Oregon of a zombie crossing the line a bit. One of my dogs had to relieve himself and we weren't near any town or rest area. Found a nice dirt road that I could get turned around on. Got the one dog out, and before I could get to the other side of the car to get the other dog out, she locked the door. Skipping a lot of the story, I was standing next to my car with a nice family from Colorado who was calling someone to help me. A car drove up, a woman got out and asked if there was a bathroom in my tiny trailer.

me: yes, there is.
    her: can I use it?
    Me: my trailer is locked up and the keys are locked in my jeep.
    her: will you get your keys to unlock the trailer?
    me: ALL of my keys are locked in my jeep.
    her: oh! you should call your insurance company or AAA.
    me: My information is in the glove compartment.
    her: you should call the police.  
    me: my phone is next to my keys.  (during this clueless conversation, the mom from Colorado was on her phone with the Oregon State police, and was giving me updates.)  
    Her: (after waiting a few minutes). So, will I be able to use your bathroom?
    2017 T@B 320 S     Jeep Cherokee 3.2L V6
    States Visited Map

• Options
    Close encounter of the 4th kind-astonishing, annoying, crazy making, and finally hysterical! Did you look around for the What would you do crew? You're a patient person @Tammara! :rofl:

• Options
    Sharon_is_SAMSharon_is_SAM Administrator Posts: 9,507
    Candid camera?
    Sharon / 2017 T@B CSS / 2015 Toyota Sienna Minivan / Westlake, Ohio
  • Options
    Geeeesh! Persistant, huh?
    2017 820R Retro Toy Hauler from 2015 Tabitha T@B from 2009 Reverse LG Teardrop (but a T@Bluver at heart)
  • Options
    @Tammara, Had to laugh!! Guess you should have told the lady it was a coin operated bathroom, and you don't carry change!!! :rofl:
    Spokane, Wa.

• Options
  • Options
    HomebodyatheartHomebodyatheart Member Posts: 2,497
    By the time she was continuing to be clueless she could have squatted on the opposite side, for privacy, and been done with it! It does make you wonder some days, but not worth too much brain power!
    2017 T@B 320 Max S silver and cherry red, L@dybug ("Bug" aka my esc@pe pod), TV 2015 Toyota Highlander aka Big Red