Options

OK to have an ARB in the cabin?

I was thinking about putting an ARB frig in the cabin for use as a freezer only. Don't ask why or where it would go. My question relates to the noise and or heat it would generate. I know Verna keeps her's in her TV and loves it. However, as a practicing Nudist, I find it impractical to walk from the trailer to my TV for a frozen breakfast and back again.  For some reasons, most campgrounds frown on this.
2016 Outback 320 with a 2010 Ford Expedition.

Comments

• Options
    jgram2jgram2 Member Posts: 1,522
    Uhhhh, you're choosing the wrong campgrounds. I'm pretty sure there's an app for that.
    John, Judi, Guinness & OD in PDX
    T@Bit@t 2015 S Max Outback, ‘18 V6 4Runner 

• Options
    Sharon_is_SAMSharon_is_SAM Administrator Posts: 9,512
    Frank, our installed ARB (galley of the clamshell) is practically silent.  There are exhaust vents on both sides at the bottom rear of the unit that need ventilation.  Just like the Tags and the Norcold chest stlyle frig, nuCamp placed a vent hole with a grill cover in the floor of our CS galley to help dissipate heat.  We have not had too much experience in extreme heat yet, but this arrangement has worked in transit and the ARB has remained cold.  I think you may want to somehow rig up a vent/ fan system in the cabin to optimize the ARB performance as well as for your own comfort....then again, you may aporeciate that extra heat, all things considered
    Sharon / 2017 T@B CSS / 2015 Toyota Sienna Minivan / Westlake, Ohio
  • Options
    Tabaz Tabaz Member Posts: 2,357
    Yep, there's an app for everything I guess. And the extra heat would be welcomed in the winter. Maybe best to keep the ARB in my TV and just put on my signature Hugh Hefner bathrobe for those short trips to and fro.
  • Options
    VernaVerna Member Posts: 6,878
    @Tabaz I know my ARB is quieter than my nüCamp installed auxiliary fan for the Norcold 3-way. 
    Verna, Columbus, IN
    2021 T@B 320S  Boondock “The T@B”
    Towed by a white 2019 Ford F-150 4x4 Supercab, 3.5L V6 Ecoboost “The Truck”
  • Options
     I'm going to buy an ARB and try it in the cabin on the passenger side pedestal. I'll move it to the TV if it generates too much heat in the cabin.
  • Options
    VernaVerna Member Posts: 6,878
     Sounds good, @Tabaz . Watch your back putting it through the door. I use one of Harbor Freght's smaller black plastic furniture movers to move it from the garage to the truck and that certainly helps my back. 
    Verna, Columbus, IN
    2021 T@B 320S  Boondock “The T@B”
    Towed by a white 2019 Ford F-150 4x4 Supercab, 3.5L V6 Ecoboost “The Truck”
  • Options
    OK4wd.com has nice ARB sales.
  • Options
    The 50 quart are pretty big.  
  • Options
    RatkityRatkity Member Posts: 3,770
    I have the 37Q (or L?) .. the next size down from @SAM's. It weighs 50# empty. I had it in the house on 110V power and it is very, very quiet and does not put out a lot of heat at all. The cord does not get hot either.

I have an old coleman heat/cold cooler (not sure if anyone remembers those). That thing would put out some HEAT and the brick and plug would get hot too. Very inefficient. It's still in the basement lol.
    2017 820R Retro Toy Hauler from 2015 Tabitha T@B from 2009 Reverse LG Teardrop (but a T@Bluver at heart)
  • Options
    Just ordered the 50 quart model.  Will have it tomorrow.  Thanks for all the useful information everyone!
  • Options
    dsatworkdsatwork Member Posts: 744
    I'm jealous and want one bad...found this knock off and talked to the company. It sounds like it is as miserly as the ARB with 12v draw. It's new but getting great reviews. https://www.amazon.com/dp/B071R8D395/_encoding=UTF8?coliid=IAVMTBP8YHI7P&colid=733TGZDKC8DS

But now that I have fixed my 3-way to work on 12v, I don't have the incentive to do something.
    2017 Tab Basic S Silver on Silver with Sofitel Cushions....upgraded from 2013 LG 5W....Towed by a 2016 Sorento V6 AWD w/5000lb tow capacity. Dave S. married to Jen aka SanDiegoGal We pull a Tab but live in a 2014 Airstream International Signature 27 FBQ...Talk about embracing a trailer lifestyle.