Options

No Gas to the burner -- solved as it was a bad propane regulator

kgreen_98kgreen_98 Member Posts: 11
edited September 2017 in Products and Accessories

Ok folks 2nd dry run and I have a 2nd problem to fix with the DM 2006 CS. This morning I went to go make my coffee on the back burner. Turned on propane sensor and got the green light. Went to start the burner and no hiss from gas but a I put lighter in and got a small flame. Checked tank and its full. I checked all fuses and good. I even turned on heater it works but does not blow hot hair. I hear the click like it wants to ignite for warm air but no joy. Any help or suggestions would be appreciated. Have a great weekend everyone.

Kenny

Admin added solution to title for easier search results

New T@B Owner. 2006 CS Max Clam Shell. She may be small, but she is a cutie.

Comments

• Options
    rfuss928rfuss928 Member Posts: 930
    edited September 2017
    There is a switch in the upper left corner of the hatch opening that controls a safety solenoid for the gas supply to the stove top.  It has given some folks problems because of corrosion causing the switch not to turn on.  If you push the switch with your finger and listen carefully you should hear the solenoid click.
    In some cases owners have added a second switch that needs to be turned on so the solenoid is not on all the time the hatch is open.  It is usually near that same corner.
    This doesn't explain the furnace problem.
    If there is a problem with the regulator it would effect both appliances and may even be supported by the small weak flame you observed being caused by very low pressure.
    The LP gas detector (located near the furnace) will prevent the furnace gas from coming on also.
    Hope this helps!
    Have fun!
    Bob

• Options
    Thanks Bob for all the information. 
  • Options
    edited September 2017
    Do you know the lighting procedure for the stove requires you to hold the knob in during lighting until the flame has been on for a a few seconds. This heats the little thermocouple that sticks up in the rear of the burners and allows the gas to remain on.
    It is not clear how new this trailer is to you.

• Options
    jgram2jgram2 Member Posts: 1,522
    @kgreen_98 and release the stove knob slowly 
    John, Judi, Guinness & OD in PDX
    T@Bit@t 2015 S Max Outback, ‘18 V6 4Runner 

• Options
    About the furnace - If it failed to light for too long it may need to be reset.  Behind the louvered front cover there is a push button on the corner of a circuit board near the bottom.  IIRC - a red light will be flashing on the circuit board if there has been a fault.
    This sometimes happens if there is a lot of air in the gas lines from sitting unused for a while.

• Options
    Thanks for all the info and help. It was a bad regulator and we are all up and running again. Looking forward to a week in the eastern sierras. 
  • Options
    RatkityRatkity Member Posts: 3,770
    Yay @kgreen_98!! Thank you for sharing your solution to your problem. It really helps other people who may experience the same problem in the future. <3
    2017 820R Retro Toy Hauler from 2015 Tabitha T@B from 2009 Reverse LG Teardrop (but a T@Bluver at heart)
  • Options
    ericnlizericnliz Member Posts: 4,437
    @kgreen_98, Glad you found the solution! And ditto to what @Ratkity said about sharing!!!! THAT'S what makes this a great place...just folks helpin' other folks!!! :)
    2016 T@B MAX S-aka: WolfT@B
    TV: 2006 Chevy Avalanche LT Z71 aka: WhiteWolf, or 1972 Chevy Custom10 P/U aka: SnarlingWolf
    Spokane, Wa.
    Eric aka: Lone Wolf  

• Options
    LilBLilB Member Posts: 7
    I had the same problem dry camping this weekend.  The burners and furnace worked all night, but when we went to turn on the water for coffee in the morning, we got nothing.  Is that what happened when your regulator went bad, kgreen_98?  The tank still has plenty of propane...
  • Options
    MiwokMiwok Member Posts: 5
    What is the hatch you speak of? My stove burners won’t light.’
  • Options
    pthomas745pthomas745 Moderator Posts: 3,657
    @Miwok The "hatch" being discussed is the clamshell hatch. In the Rfuss comment above, there is a description of what is called the "propane solenoid" that controls the flow of propane.  The hatch must be open for the solenoid to allow propane to flow to the clamshell stove.
    What trailer and what year do you have?
    2017 Outback
    Towed by 2014 Touareg TDi