Options

Fresh water vs hot water

BillBill Member Posts: 38

Extreme nübie here. (2017 T@B max S - just got it three days ago.) This is undoubtedly explained in previous posts, but I can't locate it. Could someone please explain (using small words) the following:

I see references in the Alde manual to the hot water tank. Is that connected to the fresh water tank? When I fill the fresh water tank, does that automatically fill the hot water tank as well? 

Also, are there separate drain outlets for fresh/hot water?

They say there are no stupid questions, but I think I'm pretty close to the line here. Thanks for your help.

Bill & Helen; 2017 T@B S Maxx, (Serenity Now!!); TV 2019 Honda Ridgeline,
Woodstock, Ontario 

Comments

• Options
    Michigan_MikeMichigan_Mike Member Posts: 2,861
    edited September 2017
    Nah, not a problem! 

Your fresh water tank is basically a water holding tank and is used when not hooked to city water.  When you turn on the 12 volt pump it pumps water up into the trailers water lines and system and the pump action allows the lines and Alde hot water tank to fill up to capacity.  So yes, the fresh water tank is connected to the trailers water system and to the Alde hot water system.

When you are hooked up to the trailers city water port via a hose, the water pressure fills the lines and the Alde hot water tank.  The two systems are independent of one another and when hooked to the city water port of the trailer this does not fill the fresh water tank, which has to be manually filled.  

There re is a fresh water drain valve just to the left of and behind the trailer step.  There should also be a drain near the Alde hot water tank (open the compartment) that drops underneath the trailer and allows the Alde HW tank to empty when the yellow valve handle is flipped upwards.  

Look for "winterizing Alde" via the search and this will yield a wealth of additional/excellent information. 

Mike - Elmira, Mi / 2019 T@B 400 / 2021 Chevy Silverado LTZ
  • Options
    ericnlizericnliz Member Posts: 4,437
    edited September 2017
    Great "splenation" @Michigan_Mike! Just one keshun...what's a "badically" water tank? :rofl: Guess fat finger syndrome took over, huh? ;)
    @Bill , The pump will automatically stop when the water lines are all pressurized, so please don't think it just quit on 'ya. Don't ask me why I threw that one in...., ok, I thought it quit! =)
    2016 T@B MAX S-aka: WolfT@B
    TV: 2006 Chevy Avalanche LT Z71 aka: WhiteWolf, or 1972 Chevy Custom10 P/U aka: SnarlingWolf
    Spokane, Wa.
    Eric aka: Lone Wolf  

• Options
    ScottGScottG Administrator Posts: 5,428
    I will add that filling your fresh water tank does not automatically fill the Alde hot water tank.

As Michigan_Mike indicated, you have to pump the water from the fresh water tank into the T@B's plumbing in order for the Alde to fill.
    2015 T@B S

• Options
    VernaVerna Member Posts: 6,878
    @ericnliz I have no idea what you are speaking of......magic wand helps fat-finger-syndrome, too ;)
    Verna, Columbus, IN
    2021 T@B 320S  Boondock “The T@B”
    Towed by a white 2019 Ford F-150 4x4 Supercab, 3.5L V6 Ecoboost “The Truck”
  • Options
    ChrisandAlexisChrisandAlexis Member Posts: 120
    Are all the Alde hot water holding tanks in the T@Bs about the same capacity--approximately 3 gallons?

Chris and Alexis-- Roseville, California--2017 T@B CS-S--Toyota 4Runner
  • Options
    @Verna, Yup, and thanks, I seem to get afflicted with the same thing at times! =)
    TV: 2006 Chevy Avalanche LT Z71 aka: WhiteWolf, or 1972 Chevy Custom10 P/U aka: SnarlingWolf
    Spokane, Wa.

• Options
    edited May 2022
    @ChrisandAlexis, there is an Alde 3010 Operating Manual located in the User Manuals/PDF Files/ Videos and Resources category on the left side of the page. http://tab-rv.vanillacommunity.com/discussion/4711/alde-3010-operating-manual#latest  Page 4 of the manual states there is approximately 2.5 gallons of hot water available. 

There are other resources in this category that we have saved for the owners to use and keep available. I did print out a copy of this Alde 3010 file in case I was somewhere without cell service and needed to refer to it. It's a great resource. It's also saved to iBooks on my iPad. 
    Verna, Columbus, IN
  • Options
    ChrisandAlexisChrisandAlexis Member Posts: 120
    @Verna, thank you. I will check out the Alde operating manual in the User Manuals/PDF Files/ Videos and Resources section.
    Chris and Alexis-- Roseville, California--2017 T@B CS-S--Toyota 4Runner
  • Options
    BillBill Member Posts: 38
    Thanks to everyone! Looking forward to a hot shower this weekend!
    Bill & Helen; 2017 T@B S Maxx, (Serenity Now!!); TV 2019 Honda Ridgeline,
    Woodstock, Ontario 
  • Options
    Michigan_MikeMichigan_Mike Member Posts: 2,861
    @ericnliz that's called Siri syndrome on the iPhone 6 Plus and a quick draw on your end.  But hey, gotta love them magic wands!!!    =)
    Mike - Elmira, Mi / 2019 T@B 400 / 2021 Chevy Silverado LTZ
  • Options
    skwheeskwhee Member Posts: 246

@Bill

Before your hot shower there's another tidbit of which to be aware. When you take delivery of your T@B, the hot water temperature will be set quite low at the factory. It is your task to adjust it to your preference at the mixing valve. Use the search feature on this forum (magnifying glass in the upper right) to search for mixing valve and/or check your owner's manual for instructions. Just be cautious to adjust it in increments to avoid backing the valve all the way out and to avoid scalding. The reason for this valve is twofold. First is that the Alde heats water to an extremely high temperature. Second is that it stretches the water in the tank to make it the equivalent of a six gallon tank. With its quick recovery capability it truly is state of the art. Enjoy that shower!

Steve and Karen Cullowhee, North Carolina 2008 Ford F150 --2018 T@B 400
  • Options
    RatkityRatkity Member Posts: 3,770
    I love the term "Extreme nübie" - you are the best!!
    2017 820R Retro Toy Hauler from 2015 Tabitha T@B from 2009 Reverse LG Teardrop (but a T@Bluver at heart)
  • Options
    Total thread derail.......Hey M_Mike, pm me about dat 6s plus. I need to upgrade from my scum-of-the-earth phone. My truck has that issue (Siri). How bad is it with the 6s plus vs 7s plus (I need that stupid big screen).

Sorry, my sweet new "Extreme nübie". It's M_Mike's fault. He mentioned the phone (too easy to blame someone else). 

Keep asking them questions @Bill. You'll find out what the "magic wand" is between @ericnliz and I! We are affected by it quite often (with the upmost kindness).
    2017 820R Retro Toy Hauler from 2015 Tabitha T@B from 2009 Reverse LG Teardrop (but a T@Bluver at heart)
  • Options
    @Ratkity, Yep, and with a little "ZAP" once in a while! Kinda makes 'ya feel like the new puppy that peed on the carpet one too many times!  =)
    Spokane, Wa.

• Options
    TikiBarTabTikiBarTab Member Posts: 39
    Do you need to drain the water heater separately?  I just drained all of the water (I thought) out of my T@B...emptied holding tanks and fresh water tanks.  Thought that was it, but maybe I was wrong?  Sometimes the manuals read like you actually know what they are talking about :)
  • Options
    ScottGScottG Administrator Posts: 5,428
    Do you need to drain the water heater separately?  I just drained all of the water (I thought) out of my T@B...emptied holding tanks and fresh water tanks.  Thought that was it, but maybe I was wrong?  Sometimes the manuals read like you actually know what they are talking about :)
    The Alde HW tank is drained using the yellow flap-thingy on the blue water line leading into the base of the Alde. Pull the flap so it's sticking straight up and about 2.5-3 gallons should drain from a black hose under the camper.

Unfortunately, seeing the water physically drain out is the only way to verify that the Alde HW tank is actually empty.
    2015 T@B S

• Options
    newellnewell Member Posts: 182
    Verna said:
    @ericnliz I have no idea what you are speaking of......magic wand helps fat-finger-syndrome, too ;)
    Yea, I thought that was just rude, and last time I checked, "basically" was a word.

Earl & Sue | Central NY |
    2017 T@B 320S | TV: Chevy Silverado
  • Options
    newell said:
    Verna said:
    Yea, I thought that was just rude, and last time I checked, "basically" was a word.
    @Newell, it was a joke about my magic Admin wand. I edited Michigan_Mike's fat-fingered spelling error (we all do it from time to time) and then I told @ericnliz that I didn't know what he was speaking of....just joking!  I knew exactly what he was referring to. Light hearted humor is the way we all get along here. 
    Verna, Columbus, IN
  • Options
    @newell, I wasn't trying to be rude, just joking with a friend....smile, it REALLY IS contagious! :)
    Spokane, Wa.

• Options
    That's right @newell, we aren't just friendly, we're contagious! BTW, you've been exposed. There's no going back :wink:<3
  • Options
    newellnewell Member Posts: 182
    Okay, okay, sorry...... =)

Earl & Sue | Central NY |
    2017 T@B 320S | TV: Chevy Silverado
  • Options
    No sorries are allowed! Only smilies and thread derailments!! :lol: and maybe a few hugs *hugs*