Options

Hello and thank you all

FreshaireFreshaire Member Posts: 97
Hello everyone.  This is Alice (Freshaire) and I am a "newbie" in the truest sense of the word.  I have no past history of camping and have no idea where my desire to purchase a travel trailer came from, other than a thought that came into my head while hiking.  Divine intervention perhaps?  I spent countless hours scouring the internet looking at car campers, hard-sided pop-ups, and every manor of RV.  A Tab surfaced and it was love at first sight.  Further investigation brought me to this forum.  I have been skulking in the background reading your posts and learning, learning, learning.  If not for you all collectively, I would never have had the confidence to purchase a Tab.   So, from the bottom of my heart, thank you to all for sharing your knowledge, expertise, and your time.  I feel a kinship with you even though I haven't met you (yet).

I sold my beloved Jeep Wrangler and purchased a Honda Ridgeline so that I would have a tow vehicle.  I watched the "for sale" section of the forum looking for an Outback and finally found one within a day's travel.  I bought it sight unseen and am so happy that I did.

The maiden voyage was this weekend to Staunton River State Park in Scottsburg, VA.  I chose that park because it is a designated dark sky park.  The sky doesn't rival the west's dark sky, but for the east coast, it was very nice.  The park itself is so well run and clean.  I would highly recommend it.

I have a cazillion questions to ask, but will save them for future posts.  I'm so pleased to be a part of your group.

2015 T@b 320S Maxx Outback, aka "Alie Cat"
TV:  2012 Honda Ridgeline

Alice
Crozet, VA

Comments

• Options
    jgram2jgram2 Member Posts: 1,522
    @Freshaire welcome! You're in good company-the T@B was the first experience with an RV of any sort for us. This forum made our 3 trips so far absolutely doable. We're here for you, cheering,
    John, Judi, Guinness & OD in PDX
    T@Bit@t 2015 S Max Outback, ‘18 V6 4Runner 

• Options
    Tabaz Tabaz Member Posts: 2,356
    What a great story. Welcome. So many people on this forum try their best to provide helpful information. BTW, after two years, I'm still in love with my Outback (if only my first four marriages lasted that long).
    2016 Outback 320 with a 2010 Ford Expedition.
  • Options
    atlasbatlasb Member Posts: 583
    Welcome from us also!  We know several things will occur.  You will have questions, the mods will start and most of all, you will LOVE your T@B!
    2018 T@B 400, 2017 Nissan Titan Crew cab
  • Options
    jkjennjkjenn Member Posts: 6,391
    Welcome!

2021 T@b 320 Boondock "Mattie Ross" | 2021 T@b Nights: 239 | Total nights in a T@b 455 | 2022 Jeep Grand Cherokee L Overland | T@b owner since 2014

• Options
    HomebodyatheartHomebodyatheart Member Posts: 2,494
    Congratulations and welcome @Freshaire! I also looked at just about everything on the market, and I couldn't be happier with my 2017 Tab MaxS! I've met amazing people on here, some who are local and now good friends. I'm loving every moment! We brought L@dybug home April 7th, and tomorrow I'm off on my 10th trip. It's local with a group of local women I met online who camp together once a month during camping season. Have fun exploring and enjoy your journey! :)
    2017 T@B 320 Max S silver and cherry red, L@dybug ("Bug" aka my esc@pe pod), TV 2015 Toyota Highlander aka Big Red
  • Options
    skwheeskwhee Member Posts: 246
    @Freshaire
    Welcome! Guess you have realized you got more than a T@B, you've got yourself a whole new community! Any chance you can plan to be in Sugarcreek OH the week of July 16, 2018 for üCamp18?  More details will be available in the months to come but it's a great way to meet many of these folks you already know from the Forum. 
    Happy Trails!
    Steve & Karen 
    Steve and Karen Cullowhee, North Carolina 2008 Ford F150 --2018 T@B 400
  • Options
    TerryV6TerryV6 Member Posts: 1,092
    Welcome to the group.  The people here are the best.  Don’t hesitate to ask questions and of course, we all love pictures...
    Terry & Jody...  2016 Dodge Ram 1500
    2016 NuCamp 320 T@B Max S
    T@bbey  Road   
    Appleton,  WI

• Options
    linolino Member Posts: 225
    Welcome. I'm also from VA and will have to check out the campground your going to.
    we are thinking of moving to that area when we retire.

• Options
    RatkityRatkity Member Posts: 3,770
    Welcome, welcome!!! What a great story (already said). Just have to say it again. <3 Ask them questions!! You may be given a url thread or just stump the "T@B vets". 
    2017 820R Retro Toy Hauler from 2015 Tabitha T@B from 2009 Reverse LG Teardrop (but a T@Bluver at heart)
  • Options
    ericnlizericnliz Member Posts: 4,437
    @Freshaire, Welcome to the T@B family! Only one word of caution while reading posts on the Forum: Swallow whatever you're eating or drinking BEFORE starting to read. =) Seriously though, the folks here are very knowledgeable, and helpful. You'll run in to a hiccup or two, whether (usually in my case) operator error, or obstacle like a blown fuse. Sounds like you did your homework, and ended up with a great T@B. Travel safe & go have some more fun! :)
    2016 T@B MAX S-aka: WolfT@B
    TV: 2006 Chevy Avalanche LT Z71 aka: WhiteWolf, or 1972 Chevy Custom10 P/U aka: SnarlingWolf
    Spokane, Wa.
    Eric aka: Lone Wolf  

• Options
    Smullis7Smullis7 Member Posts: 221
    Welcome!  I used to tent camp, but the T@B is my first camper...and first time towing anything.  I traded my 2-door Jeep Wrangler for a 4-door to pull it, and I couldn't be happier with my purchase.  I absolutely LOVE my little T@B and actually spend quite a bit of time in it even parked in the driveway waiting for the next adventure.  :-)  I hope you have a great a time with yours as I do with mine.  Safe travels!
    Sheila and the Mullis Pups (Winston, Morgan, Leroy & Dakota)
    M@bel M@y, my 2017 T@B Outback Max S (silver w/black trim), towed by Maude Myrtle, my 2016 Jeep Rubicon Hardrock.

• Options
    dragonsdoflydragonsdofly Member Posts: 1,926
    Welcome to the world of t@b ownership, forum,and especially, family. We did much the same as you, never camped in any way, fell in love at first sight, lurked here and joyfully bought our t@b. Originally, I saw the t@b as a means to an end, a way to give our kids memories and build forever bonds. Unsure and inexperienced we took the plunge and left for 6 weeks of unplanned journeys and unimaginable memories. 18 months have passed since we brought our t@b home. We are no longer newbies, having travelled approximately 16,000 miles through 32 states and have found our t@b to be a way of life. To enjoy the fellowship here and always look forward to what may still come. We wish no less for you. Thanks for the wonderful introduction and insight. Happy t@bbing!
    2017 t@b sofitel(Dr@gonsFly)TV 2015 Silverado 2500hd(Behemoth). Wyandotte, Michigan.
    Draco dormiens numquam titilandus.
  • Options
    Michigan_MikeMichigan_Mike Member Posts: 2,861
    He works in mysterious ways!   =)  Congratulations and welcome to the forum and to a very fun and comfortable/luxurious means of exploring, adventure, making new friends and creating lifetime memories!  As you have found out these trailers are addicting, but are one of the best ways of enjoying the great outdoors and being comfortable wherever you go.  

Have fun and happy trails!
    Mike - Elmira, Mi / 2019 T@B 400 / 2021 Chevy Silverado LTZ
  • Options
    LibrarydragonLibrarydragon Member Posts: 103
    Welcome!
    Sara&Carl
    2015 max s outback, TV 2011 RAV4, V6, 4x4, & 2017 Tacoma Off-road 4x4
    Soquel, CA
  • Options
    RatkityRatkity Member Posts: 3,770
    Pssst... @Librarydragon, I love your nick!!!! <3
    2017 820R Retro Toy Hauler from 2015 Tabitha T@B from 2009 Reverse LG Teardrop (but a T@Bluver at heart)
  • Options
    LibrarydragonLibrarydragon Member Posts: 103
    Thank you
    Sara&Carl
    2015 max s outback, TV 2011 RAV4, V6, 4x4, & 2017 Tacoma Off-road 4x4
    Soquel, CA
  • Options
    FreshaireFreshaire Member Posts: 97
    Thank you everyone for putting a smile on my face with your individual greetings.

@skwhee I have marked my calendar for uCamp18 and hope to make it.  I would love to meet the personalities on these pages!
    2015 T@b 320S Maxx Outback, aka "Alie Cat"
    TV:  2012 Honda Ridgeline

Alice
    Crozet, VA