Options

Wanted - Therm-A-Rest Archroom

Does anyone have one of these for sale? Or know where to get one?
Ray and Vida Barrick
(formerly a 2013 T@B Q M@X); 2015 Jeep Sahara JKU (Max Tow)
Toronto ON Canada

Comments

• Options
    Michigan_MikeMichigan_Mike Member Posts: 2,861
    edited December 2014
    They are no longer made.   The closest you will come is Paha Que's screen room.

T@B Trailer Side Tent by PahaQue

TB Trailer Side Tent by PahaQue
    Mike - Elmira, Mi / 2019 T@B 400 / 2021 Chevy Silverado LTZ
  • Options
    MercatorMercator Member Posts: 237
    They are no longer made.   The closest you will come is Paha Que's screen room.
    Thanks Mike, I was aware that they were no longer made, that is why I was asking if anyone on the forum might have one for sale.
    Ray and Vida Barrick
    Toronto ON Canada
  • Options
    VernaVerna Member Posts: 6,878
    There is a Therm-a-Rest Facebook page that I saw when I was looking for one for you....until one of my great nephews wanted my attention.  You might want to join that page to ask the members and dealers for information about the Archway.
    Verna, Columbus, IN
    2021 T@B 320S  Boondock “The T@B”
    Towed by a white 2019 Ford F-150 4x4 Supercab, 3.5L V6 Ecoboost “The Truck”
  • Options
    Michigan_MikeMichigan_Mike Member Posts: 2,861
    Ray,

You might call Little Guy World Wide too and speak to Dylan.  Sometimes they do run into folks who have gear and are looking to sell it when they are selling a trailer, etc.  I looked around on the Internet and didn't see any for sale.  I do remember speaking to some T@B owners down in Ohio who liked the screen rooms, so it does seem they are are popular and a sought out item.

Best of luck to you in your search!  
    Mike - Elmira, Mi / 2019 T@B 400 / 2021 Chevy Silverado LTZ
  • Options
    TABakerTABaker Member Posts: 432
    edited December 2014
    There was one for sale recently on the T@B Facebook page.  Seller is Teri Root in Louisiana.  
    Crystal & Daisy, a yellow 2007 T@B Q previously towed by a 2008 Jeep Liberty, and currently towed by a 2016 RAM 1500.

• Options
    mickietucsmickietucs Member Posts: 707
    Teri was going to put them on ebay. I bought her T@B cover so I could email her and ask if the therm-a-rest room is still available if you'd like.

Michele, Tucson, AZ. TV - '13 F150 & '16 T@Bitha special order.

You never really travel alone. The world is full of friends waiting to get to know you!

• Options
    I just talked to her.  She still has the room and the awning.
    Crystal & Daisy, a yellow 2007 T@B Q previously towed by a 2008 Jeep Liberty, and currently towed by a 2016 RAM 1500.

• Options
    edited December 2014
    Here is mine, and Teri's should be the same...
    Edited to delete the photo, which loaded four times!  Yikes!

• Options
    Try again.

• Options
    ChanWChanW Member Posts: 3,158
    You see a used one every few months on the yahoo group or Facebook group, but they're usually snapped up quick. 

The one we bought was a few yrs old, but "like new" (very well taken care of).

We love it. 
    Chan  -  near Buffalo NY
    2014 S Maxx
    2011 Tacoma 4cyl ... edit: 2022 Tacoma 6cyl - oh yeah! 

A_Little_T@b'll_Do_Ya
  • Options
    I have 2.  My T@B is 7 years old, so they predate that.

• Options
    I'm curious, Ray.  Did you buy her room?

• Options
    MercatorMercator Member Posts: 237
    TABaker said:
    I'm curious, Ray.  Did you buy her room?
    Yes I did.  Thanks for the lead, I really appreciate it. (I sent you a PM.)
    Ray and Vida Barrick
    Toronto ON Canada
  • Options
    Yes, I saw it.  Thanks.  I didn't want to tell someone it was still available if you bought it.  Congrats!  I wouldn't be without mine.

• Options
    DABWCADABWCA Member Posts: 70
    Crystal, Ray and others -- I bought a third hand Archroom a while ago after I ordered my T@B, which is now scheduled to be delivered in March after I asked the factory to make some small adjustments to the standard configuration.  I've laid out all of the pieces and it's in good condition.  It's a great design and I'm eager to try it out next spring.  Mine is the older version with full sleeves for the poles and the instructions seem clear.  But in addition to the two long poles, mine also came with a shorter section that's maybe 6 inches long.  It's the same material and construction as the full length poles, but I can't for the life of me figure out its purpose.  The previous owner didn't know either as she had never set it up.  As you all know, Thermarest doesn't make these any longer so you are the experts for advice.  Do any of you know?
    David -- Saint Paul, MN
    2015 T@B-L "Silver Dr@ggin" towed by 2015 Kia Sorento V6 "Don Poulan"
  • Options
    jcfaber1jcfaber1 Member Posts: 318
    We have a short thinner pole that we use around the wheel well to give it the arch.  Perhaps it is meant for that?

2007 T@B

Rockford, IL

• Options
    NormfunNormfun Member Posts: 285
    Could it be a pole splint?  For fixing a broken pole. 
    Norm & Pat. 320 S Outback Utah or somewhere else.

• Options
    We got one of those too. Assumed it was for repairing a broken pole.
    Chan  -  near Buffalo NY
    2014 S Maxx

A_Little_T@b'll_Do_Ya
  • Options
    Thanks to all of you who have confirmed that the mystery segment is part of the kit.  Whatever it's purpose, it's better to have an "extra" piece than to have an incomplete kit.  I'll take a closer look this spring when i set it up.
    David -- Saint Paul, MN
  • Options
    kathyincakathyinca Member Posts: 12
    I'm looking for one of these as well.....if anyone knows of another, please let me know. Thanks.
  • Options
    Sorry, I didn't catch this message.  Yes, that's what I was told, as well.  The extra is to make a repair, if needed.

• Options
    Crystal - Thanks for the confirmation.  Though I know that tent poles can break - I broke a pole on my first camping tent 40+ years ago, I have a hard time imagining these heavy duty poles snapping in a way that this short segment would help. Still, it's good to know that it's part of a complete kit and has a purpose.
    David -- Saint Paul, MN
  • Options
    leenscottflleenscottfl Member Posts: 254
    I had a Paha Que Cottonwood shelter that we used a lot tent camping. I found it a little difficult moving around and ended up giving it to the campground host at Desert View Campground at the Grand Canyon south after a storm damaged it. Bought the big Paha Que shade for the new T@B. Haven't used it yet but erected it. Very easy up and looks like it will stand up in weather. Something the freestanding shade didn't do well.
    Scott, Orange Park, Florida...2012 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Sahara... 2015 T@B S Maxx "Buttercup".
  • Options
    I spent some time looking for the Thermarest ArchRoom because I preferred its design. It was discontinued some time ago and is hard to find, but I eventually found one.  It was advertised for only one day and several people were in line if i had passed on it.  If you do find one then don't expect to save any money if it's in good condition. To be honest, I haven't yet used mine but I do expect to be quite happy with it once I'm able to take it out for some action this spring.

Note that there are two versions of the ArchRoom; they differ only in the way the poles are attached. The older version runs the poles through enclosed sleeves. A later version replaced the sleeves with a clip system, which is generally a bit easier to set up. Several backpacking tent designs also went through a similar change, including Kelty tents that I've used. Both designs have worked for me. 

Regardless of whether you end up with a Pahaque or Thermarest tent/room, I expect you'll enjoy the extra outside sheltered space it provides.
    David -- Saint Paul, MN
  • Options
    edited February 2015
    The Thermarest is excellent. Nicely implemented window and door systems, and structurally it seems more 'sturdy' than others, with two poles cross-supporting the roof.

We love it. 

I think Thermarest should resume producing them.
    Chan  -  near Buffalo NY
    2014 S Maxx

A_Little_T@b'll_Do_Ya
  • Options
    djb1148djb1148 Member Posts: 5

I just got myself a Therm-a-Rest for our T@B.  I attached it this morning and found it to be a little tight.  But the main problem is the diagonal tent pole.  It's blunt on the end near the camper.  There's no "spike" to insert into the corner strap grommet.  Is that the way it's supposed to be?

• Options
    You should only have spikes on one end of the poles.  The blunt end threads through the sleeves first and rests at the back.

The Thermarest pros are that it's very well made and is attractive.  The roof design does not allow for pooling of water.  One wall is completely screen, as well as a portion of the front.  Cons are it only came in yellow (which is a pro for me), and one side is solid with a clear round vinyl window.   Some have replaced the vinyl window with screen, but I found in bad weather that I was glad I did not.  They still sell for a fairly high price.

• Options
    djb1148djb1148 Member Posts: 5
    edited April 2015

Thanks TABaker.  Our Therm-a-Rest has a short sleeve and then clips.  Like all new tents, there is a learning curve to get to know how to best put it together.  I have to say that it seems better constructed that then Pa-Ha-Que with fewer spaces for mosquitoes and flies.

I'm not quite sure how the wheel well section works.  The fiberglass stay came shattered.  Half the fun of camping is "figuring it out."

Oh, by the way, the yellow attached to our blue trimmed T@B highlights my Swedish background.  Gotta love it.

• Options
    My wheel well pole is shattered, too.  We use a wire, and wrap the ends in duct tape.