Options

Wanted - Therm-A-Rest Archroom

2»

Comments

• Options
    ChanWChanW Member Posts: 3,158
    edited April 2015
    Djb, our Thermarest has pointy ends on all pole ends, so both ends of the poles can anchor in the grommets that you speak of.

Maybe Crystal and Daisy Tabaker have a different model year tent than we do....?
    Chan  -  near Buffalo NY
    2014 S Maxx
    2011 Tacoma 4cyl ... edit: 2022 Tacoma 6cyl - oh yeah! 

A_Little_T@b'll_Do_Ya
  • Options
    djb1148djb1148 Member Posts: 5

Thanks ChanW.  Apparently Term-a-Rest has two different designs for the poles.  I think I have an idea for rigging a tip for the blunt end.  It will be a couple of weeks 'til I have time to set it up again.

• Options
    ChanWChanW Member Posts: 3,158
    edited April 2015
    If you want some measurements for reference, I can pull our poles out for you. But they are symmetrical, so you could measure from the slight bend to the good end, I suppose.

And yes, they really are a tight fit!
    Chan  -  near Buffalo NY
    2014 S Maxx
    2011 Tacoma 4cyl ... edit: 2022 Tacoma 6cyl - oh yeah! 

A_Little_T@b'll_Do_Ya
  • Options
    TABakerTABaker Member Posts: 432
    Chan, your poles have points on all ends?  It's a Thermarest?  I have the first generation Thermarest, difference being I have full length pole sleeves instead of clips.  I thought that was the only difference.
    Crystal & Daisy, a yellow 2007 T@B Q previously towed by a 2008 Jeep Liberty, and currently towed by a 2016 RAM 1500.

• Options
    staha1205staha1205 Member Posts: 7
    I know this is a super old thread, but I'm hoping someone can help me figure out a couple of things. I just purchased a T@b 320 cs and am wondering if these tents made by Thermarest would fit. I can't seem to find anything conclusive on the internet. Also, if it's in good condition, about how much would be a fair asking price? Any insight would be helpful. Thanks in advance!
    Shireen / 2019 T@B 320 CS-S / 2020 Subaru Outback Onyx XT / Gainesville, Florida
  • Options
    Sharon_is_SAMSharon_is_SAM Administrator Posts: 9,507
    Sorry - they were designed pre clamshell and they do not fit the CS models.  Sad, but true😞. I wanted one, too.
    Sharon / 2017 T@B CSS / 2015 Toyota Sienna Minivan / Westlake, Ohio
  • Options
    staha1205staha1205 Member Posts: 7
    Thank you @Sharon_is_SAM!
    Shireen / 2019 T@B 320 CS-S / 2020 Subaru Outback Onyx XT / Gainesville, Florida
  • Options
    LibradanceLibradance Member Posts: 1
    Hello! I know this is a super old thread but wanted to know if any of you know a fix for broken poles. I have the thermarest tent for my 2007 T@B 16Q. I know many of you said you had repair kits... I don't think I have a repair kit. I am the original owner and have only used the tent a handful of times. In the beginning it was track issues but I got that fixed. But this last weekend I don't know why but it was so difficult to get the poles in the sleeves. The angles were not working right and the yellow poles snapped in one place.

Any help is appreciated.
  • Options
    TampakayakerTampakayaker Member Posts: 554
    edited July 2020
    Hello! I know this is a super old thread but wanted to know if any of you know a fix for broken poles. I have the thermarest tent for my 2007 T@B 16Q. I know many of you said you had repair kits... I don't think I have a repair kit. I am the original owner and have only used the tent a handful of times. In the beginning it was track issues but I got that fixed. But this last weekend I don't know why but it was so difficult to get the poles in the sleeves. The angles were not working right and the yellow poles snapped in one place.

Any help is appreciated.
    Are the broken ones fiberglass?  Maybe check amazon for aluminum replacement poles.

We bought a set when we made our visor.  You can get different lengths to custom make what you need.
    2006 RAM 1500 4 door, 2016 T@B 320 MAX S 
    Tampa FL
  • Options
    ScottGScottG Administrator Posts: 5,446
    Check out Tent Pole Technologies. Built to order with very reasonable prices and shipping. I ordered some replacement sections for my PahaQue awning last year.
    I found this place after discovering replacements from PahaQue were foolishly expensive and involved too many hoops.
    Amazon does have a lot of poles sets, but I found weeding through the options to find the exact thing that would work to be tedious and uncertain. With TPT I could spec out exactly what I needed so I knew it would be right!
    2015 T@B S

• Options
    DABWCADABWCA Member Posts: 70
    I had the Thermarest screen room for a year and had a terrible time getting the poles in the sleeves until I finally gave up and sold it. It was a wonderful design for the Little Guy T@Bs but the totally enclosed sleeves were a challenge for the big aluminum poles as they didn't flex. Thermarest later changed the design and replaced the sleeves with a clipped system, which helped. If your pole segment is straight, you may be able to replace it, but if it's a shaped segment it would be hard to replace.
    David -- Saint Paul, MN
    2015 T@B-L "Silver Dr@ggin" towed by 2015 Kia Sorento V6 "Don Poulan"