Options

Blew a FUSE?

Since I am hooked up to shore power I thought would be ok to plug a heater in (since out nights are getting cold and I'm not ready to winterize until one last trip this week) but I seem to have blown a fuse. I hit the reset button next to the fuse box but nothing happened. I don't know how to tell if the fuses are blown. Any help for this mechanically challenged newbie would be appreciated. 

Comments

• Options
    4ncar4ncar Member Posts: 1,072
    Plugged into the 110 electrical? Try the reset button on the GFI outlet to the right of the converter. If that's not it, since you are plugged into shore power, the fuses are not what would blow, it would be the circuit breakers behind the cover of the power converter.
    TV- '16 Chevy Colorado LT Crew Cab-DuraMax
    2018 320S Outback
  • Options
    RatkityRatkity Member Posts: 3,770
    Check the 110V plug to the heater and make sure it didn't creep out. Happened to me once.
    2017 820R Retro Toy Hauler from 2015 Tabitha T@B from 2009 Reverse LG Teardrop (but a T@Bluver at heart)
  • Options
    Tabaz Tabaz Member Posts: 2,357
    Check out "fuses for newbies" for photos of fuse locations. 4ncar - I didn't realize the blade fuses do not work while on shore power.
    2016 Outback 320 with a 2010 Ford Expedition.
  • Options
    4ncar4ncar Member Posts: 1,072
    Tabaz said:
    Check out "fuses for newbies" for photos of fuse locations. 4ncar - I didn't realize the blade fuses do not work while on shore power.
    Not on the 110v circuits they won't.  Blade fuses are for 12v only.
    TV- '16 Chevy Colorado LT Crew Cab-DuraMax
    2018 320S Outback
  • Options
    ScottGScottG Administrator Posts: 5,426
    To clarify, the 12V blade fuses still protect the 12V devices (lights, fan, etc.) while on shore power. The only difference is the 12V supply comes from the converter rather than the battery.

However, in this case it sounds like the heater is plugged directly into a 120V receptacle. The 12V side plays no role here, so the GFCI and circuit breakers would be the things to check. 
    2015 T@B S